“On a cold, dreary week in Baltimore, I felt like I had a home.” 5 of 5 stars

Give Yourself Some Credit
Ranked #5 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Glendale, California
“On a cold, dreary week in Baltimore, I felt like I had a home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

I stay at the Kimpton hotels whenever I can, and this is one example of why. The airline lost my bag and promised to have it delivered overnight. Needless to say, the bag did not come and I was faced with the prospect of attending a business meeting in my travel clothes from the previous day. When I shared this with the housekeeper, she quietly left the room and came back with a bag of toiletries. I was hesitating going to my meeting, but the housekeeper told me that I would feel better after showering and that my blouse could be pressed and I would look just fine. She was right. I made the meeting and was able to get through the day thanks to her.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
New Market, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

It's rare to find a hotel offering boutique ambiance, great staff, facilities and services at a price that is affordable. Granted we took advantage of a special rate, but I believe this hotel offers services and facilities equal to those at a much higher price point. The hotel is located about three blocks from the inner harbor with attractions, restaurants and shopping as well as sports a colocated restaurant that rivals the best in Baltimore. The hotel is in the old B&O railroad headquarters building with impressive marble staircase entryway and comfortable lobby with fireplace. This will be our first choice for weekend getaways in Baltimore going forward.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

I stayed in this hotel last October when it had only been opened a couple of months and was not too impressed. It was definitely ironing out some kinks. But I wanted to go to Baltimore the Sat-Sun after Thanksgiving to visit someone and attend a concert and ended up with this hotel on Hotwire at a great price. I loved it this time around - I got the promised amenities in my bathroom, everything worked and the service was impeccable. Liked the continental breakfast coupons you receive now too. I ate in the restaurant and it was excellent although I did not care for their desserts much. It is truly a peaceful, elegant environment and I loved reading in the 'living room' having a cup of tea in the evening. Room was beautiful, immaculate and service outstanding. Great location. I am not sure why some people post as though the Inner Harbor was miles away - it is around a 5-10 minute walk just not on top of it which is fine with me. The Circulator is a fabulous addition for tourist - and it is free!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

This is the best hotel on the innerharbor. The rooms are spacious with high ceilings. Nice large king bed. Only complaint with the room was the desk was a little banged up. Service was very good. Appreciated the wine tastings. ONly complaint was that the bell hops could have been a little more helpful and offered to carry bags etc. Still a great place.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

Got this Hotel on priceline for 70/night. Worth paying the regular room rate! Very nice, clean, contemporary designed hotel. It's located in the central business district - both good and bad. Parking was a breeze - left around the corner there is an underground parking garage marked with a yellow "hotel parking" sign. 7.75/night on the weekend - well, in after 4 out before 9 AM. If not, it's 15.50. Still much better than the 43/night valet!

It's close to both fells point and federal hill, but both are about a $10-$12 cab ride each way.

Sign up for the rewards program. That gives you free wifi and $10 in mini bar credit! We got the free coffee every morning and also went down for "hot chocholate" hour. We missed the wine hour, but it sounded like a lot of fun.

Definately try this place out next time you are staying in Baltimore!

• Stayed November 2010
Monaco_Baltimore, General Manager at Monaco Baltimore, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2010
Glad to here you enjoyed your stay at the Monaco. I opened the property a little more than a year ago with a great group of Baltimore’s best. When visiting us again, a great way around the city is to jump on the Circulator. We currently have three routes that crisscross the city and a fourth will be added soon. Thanks again for sharing your stay with me.
Anchorage, AK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

Xceptional service and friendliness. Rroms were beautiful and loved our pet foldfish.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
oakland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

This is a lovely hotel in the heart of Baltimore. The original architecture has been beautifully maintained and highlighted, yet the spacious rooms have been recently renovated with a modern design.

The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The location is central with easy access to public transportation and within walking distance to the harbor-front area. Just a short walk to the light rail to get to the airport too.

We would definitely stay here again if we come back to Baltimore.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Monaco Baltimore, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!