“Very good location!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Sao Paulo, SP
“Very good location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had a great experience at this hotel! Very good price, very good location near the Inner Harbour area, where you can find many places to eat, a beautiful Barnes & Nobles shop and the most beautiful Acquarium i've ever seen! If your next visit is Baltimore this is a very nice place to stay, nothing fancy or glamorous, but cozy, clean, with very nice staff and a good breakfast included. Give it a try and enjoy your visit!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I booked this room for new years eve just as a sleep and go but I was surprised. It wasn't very big but still was good. Nice walking from the harbor and the staff was very helpful! The only complaint I had trouble with closing the curtains. I'm a little short and so I needed the chair.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Hamilton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Located just blocked from the inner harbor, this hotel was extremely nice inside! Our room was small, but perfect for just the two of us. The bathroom was clean and nice, and the bed was comfortable. Parking was an issue for us as many of the garages in the area had closed, so it would've been nice if there was an area in front of the hotel where we could unload our bags (we arrived around 6pm, so we were unable to stop in front of it). Otherwise, we were pleasantly surprised by our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

The room was not cleaned properly when i reached. However, the staff was very quick to respond when I told them my issue. The area is slightly sketchy during night time, so I do not recommend walking around at night.

• Stayed November 2012
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Baltimore, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Frank guest reviews such as yours, are appreciated, as they give us the chance to improve. There is currently a management team in place who have been working meticulously to ensure guest rooms are clean and comfortable, offering a relaxing place for our guests to enjoy their time here.. We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced.
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My son and I stayed here for a weekend. The room smelled like a wet dog, the lobby was very dirty, one elelvator was broken and we had to step over a passed out drunk to get in the front door.
It is walking distance to the inner harbor area, but i would not recommend walking by yourself at night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Baltimore, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
 Unfortunately, it’s clear from the guest rating you were not pleased with your stay. We encourage you to bring concerns to the attention of our management team during your visit so that we may have the opportunity to correct the problem. We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced.
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend to celebrate our one year anniversary. We wanted to spend some time at inner harbor, the museums and eating at some great restaurants. We chose this hotel since it is close to inner harbor.

The Pros: This hotel is not far from inner harbor & in a nice area for walking through town to get there. A few blocks and you are right near the Gallery shopping area and inner harbor area. We found the decor and ambiance of the hotel to be nice. There are trees out front that have strung white lights on them. This combined with the fountain makes for a very romantic photo opportunity. Our room had a big flat screen TV, a king size bed and writing desk area. The bathroom was fairly spacious with both a tub & shower which I prefer because of my back issues. All the amenities were provided and the air worked fine. The continental breakfast was pretty standard and yummy.

The Cons: Our bed was EXTREMELY uncomfortable. My husband and I have a queen size bed so usually anytime we get the opportunity to sleep in a king sized bed, I am happy as can be. But this king bed was awful. I kept feeling like I was gravitating towards the center so I had to put pillows around me for support. I had terrible back pain each day. I must have woke up 8 or more times a night. The pillows were equally terrible and useless. They are the kind that your head sinks down into the bottom and have no support whatsoever. Granted my husband is used to one of those memory foam pillows but I am usually the least picky of the two of us. I sleep on just about any pillow and beds rarely bother me. But this time the combination had me excited to get home into our own smaller bed. The bathroom set up was not very practical. Pretty...but not that practical. The sink was one of those fancy kinds that sit on top of the counter. Which is very decorative BUT when you only have a tiny sink area in general, it was not practical. It took up over half of the counter leaving only a fraction for our toiletries. Whoever installed the small shelf above the sink put it so close to the faucet handle for the sink that you could not even lift the handle the entire way up. And the hair dryer was put so far away from the outlet that the cord barely made it to be plugged in. The entire washroom set up was just very impractical.

Now does this matter a great deal? No way! I am not hard to please. Unless there are rodents, dirty or unsanitary conditions ect. I will not complain or say its terrible. But I did want to just note in this review that for the cost of this hotel because of its location, I would think they could take some time to do some upgrades to their beds. If quality sleep is what you are looking for, I hope you get a room with a better bed than we did.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Baltimore, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
 Unfortunately, it’s clear you were not pleased with your stay. We encourage you to bring concerns to the attention of our management team during your visit so that we may have the opportunity to correct the problem. We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

After reading the last two reviews I was skeptical about staying at the Quality Inn. I wanted to cancel but I didn't. Great decision on my part.

I flew into BWI early Saturday morning and arrived at the hotel by taxi ($35) at around 11:00. Although check in wasn't until 3, the staff was able to find me a room that was ready. This made my day!

The lobby was small but had couches and a TV and the room was pretty much the same. The beds were comfortable with enough pillows and it was perfectly clean. Being a house keeper for years myself, I know what a clean room looks like :-)

The free breakfast in the morning was fruit, waffles, coffee, juice, toast, donuts and sausage and eggs to make little sandwiches. Not bad for free. Saved me money so I was pleased.

The area is prefect. Multiple bars in walking distance, cvs and a 7-11 type 1 block or closer and the seaport is a 10 minute stroll. All the museums, shops and shopping are down there as well as live performances by all types if people.

Most importantly it is in waking distance to the baseball and football stadiums and we were able to leave our bags at the hotel while we were at the game.

Awesome stay in Baltimore and it was all because of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Baltimore, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
It is so nice to hear you say you had an "Awesome stay in Baltimore and it was all because of the hotel." Here at the Quality Inn Downtown Baltimore We pride ourselves in being service professionals! We are delighted to know you had a wonderful time here and hope to see you again when travel plans permit! Thank you for your review.

Been to Quality Inn Downtown Baltimore? Share your experiences!