“Excellent Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 63 hotels in Baltimore
Lexington Park, Maryland
“Excellent Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed for a night and it was perfect. We went to the Comedy Factory and could walk there from our hotel. Parking was a bit of an issue because the garage nearby was closed. We had to walk down the street to get there which wasn't a big deal since we only had an overnight bag. It was $5 to park for the night. The room was clean and we enjoyed the location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Baltimore, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
The room was clean and we enjoyed the location was a very nice thing to say about our hotel the
Quality Inn Downtown Baltimore. Thank you for such a nice review.

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We only stated one night. It was the only hotel for the holiday weekend that was reasonable. No parking for hotel! We had to park in a city garage across the street but it was $8 for overnight and the next day and it wasn't a bad garage. 4 blocks from the harbor which was where we wanted to be so it was great. The room was small but nicely decorated. Free breakfast which kept us full all day. (and not donuts and fruit but eggs and sausage and waffles) The tv stopped working and when it was there were only 5 or 6 channels but I think it was satellite. Not a bad place to just sleep and the prices were fair.

• Stayed August 2012
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Baltimore, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
 We always enjoy hearing from our guests here at the Quality Inn Downtown Baltimore! Thank you for posting such a nice review.
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel is a nice place to stay in Baltimore. It is about six walkable blocks from the Inner Harbor and the subway is one block away and city buses are everywhere. It is close to the Camden Station of Marc Train.

It is an old building with interesting architecture. The rooms are up-to-date and a cross between
Gaugin and Lady Baltimore. Lucious gold curtains with fringe at the windows lends an aire
of Old Baltimore. It is very clean.

Breakfast is quite delicious. Desk clerks and manager are very good, nice, and helpful.
For a moderately priced hotel in downtown Baltimore, this one is an excellent choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
We at the Quality Inn Downtown Baltimore would like to thank you for such a nice review and hope to see you again soon.
Lexington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed here for a conference that I was attending. It was downtown and not far away. Check-in took a little while and the front desk clerk name started with an M was not dress professional at all and was not very helpful. She seemed very frustrated and upset. I tried to make things easy. We got the first room which was small and the AC didn't work. We had to move rooms which was fine but the second room was strange. Pictures missing from the wall and the bed skirt was all messed up but the strangest part was the door was open. We went in and the rooms was a lot larger and the AC worked but the other things creeped us out a little. The beds were fine breakfast was what you would expect. The hotel is older and has that feel to it which is kinda cool I wish they would have a little bar set up or something to add to that old time feel of the hotel. Like I said not the best but not the worst.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Baltimore, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret you had problems with the room. I will take your suggestion to our management meeting and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Baltimore.
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I will never stay at a Quality Inn, or any Choice Hotel again. The Night Manager working at this hotel, Darell Lucus, made me feel unsafe, unwelcome, and was the most unprofessional person ive ever had the displeasure to work with.

Upon arriving we were informed that there were zero luggage carts for all of our things, because they didn't know where they were, a guest had taken the only ONE they had. After that I checked us in and my friends who were helping us carry our things before going to their own hotel headed up with the key. I had called ahead asking about parking a few months back, and was told I could find parking in the city for $60 for the entire time we would be there (five days). Darell then informed me that there was NO WHERE to park for that much and the only place was the $25 a day lot next door (which proves to be very untrue as I found later when I parked for $10 a day). I told him that ive parked in larger cities like New York (my travel partner LIVES IN THE CITY THERE, SHE GOES TO NYU) for less money than that, and he said "you clearly have never parked in those cities before." This man is calling me and my travel partner a liar.

Well I head up to the room, which is supposed to be non-smoking, and it REEKS of marijuana. Not only that, but it's TINY. We were promised my booking.com a much larger room, and this is the size of my closet. Not as promised at all. I come downstairs and tell him, and he heads up to the room. He then accuses my friends who were helping us of staying in the room as well (they politely inform him that they're simply helping us carry or things since there are NO LUGGAGE CARTS remember) and then says he'll have to "check up on us later" to make sure there's only two in the room like we booked. I don't know what that means, as he shouldn't be allowed to check up on ANYTHING when we have a Do Not Disturb sign up. We are two single women alone on this trip, and now i'm getting major red flags.

He comes downstairs and gets in my face about how i'm "trying to defame" the hotel by stating that I think it smells like marijuana "in front of anyone who can hear." It's 12 at night. There is not a soul in this lobby. He is not across the desk like he should be, he is in my face far too close for comfort. He then says "you CLEARLY don't know what marijuana smells like" which is, again, him calling me a liar. I go to Florida State University. Trust me, you smell pot just walking around that campus at any given point. I know what it smells like. He is angry at this point, like i'm accusing him of ripping a bong in the room before we showed up or something. He then says it's their room deodorizer and not marijuana.

My companion has asthma. The stench of that "room deodorizer" was so powerful she couldn't even breath. So finally, after being harassed, scared, and unable to stay in the room, we check out, and I am charged the $114 for my first night's stay and we are left in an unfamiliar city trying to find a place to stay the night (don't even get me started on the crap hole we stayed in eventually).

Choice Hotels and that Quality Inn have refused to refund my money on multiple occasions and no action has been taken against this hotel or the night manager. Even the regular general manager seems to not care. Currently, I have a check coming to me (in 4-7 weeks) from Choice Hotels for $30 to help settle this, which is no where near the money I had to spent being talked down to by this rude Night Manager. I went through hell after a 17 hour drive from Orlando, Florida, and I will never bother with Choice Hotels and ESPECIALLY this Quality Inn again.

Not only that, but I was there to help out with the largest convention on the easy coast, Otakon. After pleading online for people to help us find a place to stay, thousand and thousands of people have heard my story. All of these people go to conventions where they stay in hotels any where from 4-12 times a year. And none, not a single one, will ever book with Choice Hotels again. I hope not giving me my $114 refund is worth the thousands upon thousands of dollars they just lost.

Room Tip: Never book here at all.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Appleton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Having read the other reviews, we decided to take a chance since the location was near the inner harbor and Johns Hopkins hospital. It was what we expected. The room was fine, but not as clean as most. Everything worked. New decor was nice. Breakfast was good - what we expected. We slept well and enjoyed a good breakfast at a decent price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Baltimore, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
The Quality Inn Downtown Baltimore would like to thank you for your kind words "We slept well and enjoyed a good breakfast at a decent price." We hope to see you again when you travel back to Baltimore.
Lakewood, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

"Ok but not great" applies to the location, room quality and overall experience. Not as close to Inner Harbor (but within walking distance) but seemed a lot further at night, as there were always people hanging around on the corner and in front of the hotel at all hours. We had a queen bed and roll-away, and could barely move in the tiny room. TV remote didn't work so we went to the front desk & got a replacement, which didn't work either; only one channel available on the TV. Staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was well-stocked and fresh. Good value - ok but not great.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Baltimore, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Frank guest reviews such as yours, are appreciated, as they give us the chance to improve. Your statement that the staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was well-stocked and fresh, and that the hotel is a good value is very kind.

Been to Quality Inn Downtown Baltimore? Share your experiences!