“Stay and Cruise package” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Admiral Fell Inn

You added Admiral Fell Inn to your Saves list
Admiral Fell Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   888 South Broadway, Historic Fell's Point, Baltimore, MD 21231 (Fells Point)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Hampton, NH
“Stay and Cruise package”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Went searching the Internet for a stay and park place for a recent cruise out of Baltimore. Admiral Fells was one that offered a package that gave you an overnight stay and parking for the car for the duration of the cruise. Includes a continental breakfast and a $25 certificate to one of four or five area restaurants.
The Inn is very good and the Ghost Tour is interesting to attend.
The restaurants in the area are not exactly the best - food is just so-so.
But there are certainly plenty of bars! If yoou want to pub crawl, this is your place.
It was not on our agenda - and the area gets very noisy at night with party-goers. And this was a Thursday night. Heard that on a Friday/Saturday night it gets louder; if it happens to be a holiday weekend even louder.
But that was the only complaint - the Inn itself is very nice. room is decent size and the staff was friendly. Spent some time in the bar downstairs and talked with the barkeep and learned a lot aobut the area and history. Then did the GhostTour and it is interesting. Inn is supposedly haunted - but just hearing the history of the whole area was very interesting.
The shuttle to and from the Inn works very well. They pick you up, deliver you to the cruise port, and bring you back at the end.
I think if I went back to Baltimore, I'd still consider staying there or maybe one of the "sister" hotels.

Room Tip: Ask not to be at the front of the Inn - overlooks the bar area and is very noisy at night.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
TheSocialStation, Public Relations Manager at Admiral Fell Inn, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
rccnh, thank you for choosing to stay with us before your cruise (hope you had a fabulous time!) and we'd also like to thank you for leaving us a great review. We are extremely delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience at our hotel.

We get a fairly high number of individuals who utilize this stay and park package when going on a cruise. From reading over your review, we saw you mentioned that you went on our ghost tour. We're so glad to hear you did! We always recommend this to our patrons if they have the time. Many people don't realize the very rich history that our hotel and the Fell's Point area has.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. It really means a lot when guests take the time out of their day to write a nice review. We hope you realize how much we truly appreciate it and know that this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future stay at our hotel, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here for you!

Thank you, and we hope to see you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
McLean, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I had visited the Tavern at the Admiral Fell Inn many years ago and had promised ourselves a trip that actually included staying in the Inn. Fells Point is a great place to visit on a weekend with a Farmer's Market on Saturday morning and Flea market on Sunday morning--directly across the street from the Inn. The restaurants are fabulous and the bartender at the Tavern was delightful. The lodging experience itself was average. The desk staff was extremely disorganized. Check in was chaotic. When we finally got our room after waiting in the Lobby for some time because the "sheets weren't dry" the staff was very apologetic but we had no towels and when they did arrive were still wet. The room itself was pleasant but an extremely tight space and a king size bed should not have been squeezed into it. As a part of the whole Fell's Point experience, I would recommend staying at the Inn but not as a destination in itself.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
TheSocialStation, Public Relations Manager at Admiral Fell Inn, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
NLW2644, we'd like to thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback from your most recent stay at our hotel. We'd also like to thank you for your continuous patronage.

On behalf of our entire team, we'd would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Thank you.
Monrovia, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Admiral Fell Inn and we can't wait to go back! The location near the water is wonderful. We loved the historic character of the building. The staff was very friendly and helpful. But the room was the best part! We stayed in room 487. It is on the corner of the building, so we had lovely dormer windows that overlooked the water and Fells Point square. Wide planked wooden floors, exposed beams on the ceiling, crisp linens on the king sized bed and very clean. We would definitely recommend the inn to others!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
TheSocialStation, Public Relations Manager at Admiral Fell Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
sassyjenny, reading over your great review couldn't make us happier! We want to thank you for leaving us amazing feedback and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Baltimore.

We often get numerous compliments about the quaint and historic nature of our Inn. Many of our regular patrons have a specific room that they always love staying in.

From reading over your review, we saw you mentioned our incredible staff. We are extremely fortunate to have the opportunity to work with such dedicated individuals. They are always going above and beyond to ensure everything is always perfect for our guests.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. It really means a lot when guests take the time out their day to write us a nice review. We hope you realize how much we appreciate it and know that this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If there is ever anything we can do to accommodate you in a future stay at our hotel, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here for you!

Thank you, and we can't wait to see you and your husband back soon!
Melville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was such a great hotel, centrally located in the heart of Fells Point. The staff was very warm and made us feel welcomed as soon as we got out of the car. The rooms are very cozy and unique, not like a typical "cookie cutter" hotel. We would definitely recommend staying here next time you're in Fells Point!-you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
NYpepLV3, we want to thank you for writing us an amazing review and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Baltimore. We are extremely delighted to hear that fully enjoyed your time at our hotel.

You're certainly right about our hotel being unique. Believe it or not, there is a lot of rich history in our hotel. Next time you stay with us you definitely need to go on our ghost tour. You'll learn a lot about our past and also discover some interesting facts about the Fell's Point area.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We truly appreciate when guests take the time out of their day to leave a nice review. We hope you realize how much it means to us and know that this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If there is ever anything we can do to accommodate you in a future visit to our hotel, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here for you!

Thank you, and we hope to see you back soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Let me start out by saying, if you are after a sterile white box, you are probably better off staying at one of the chain hotels in the Inner Harbor. But if you want a place with a lot of character (and some slightly wobbly floors), I'd highly recommend this hotel. Each room apparently has it's own layout. The one I stayed in was a single queen - you walked in and had a little foyer with a computer desk (and free wifi), the bathroom was to the left and the bedroom was to the right. The bedroom had a little sitting area, TV and the bed. As mentioned above, there was a little dip in the floor in a couple spots and there were a few tiles in the bathroom floor that was cracked. But it was super clean, painted in bright colors and just a cheerful little bit of history.

The first day I was there I went to an amazing breakfast spot (see my other reviews) and then took their free shuttle into the Inner Harbor. They drop you off at their sister hotel but all the tourist spots are within about 4 blocks (a bridge is currently out of order that makes you walk another block but the sign said that should be up June I think). The shuttle runs constantly at the beginning or the end of the day but if you want it mid-day, just go to the closest sister hotel and request it and it will come right over. The driver was friendly and safe, so all good there.

Later that day I took their Ghost Tour. Very nice guide, very knowledgeable. I think the tour is always a mix of history and "ghost" stories but since our group was asking more about the history of Fell's Point and the Inn, that was most of the discussion. Tour takes about an hour (remember to tip!) and ends at the bar where the first beer or wine is on the house, along with some cheese and crackers. I didn't try the wine but I had a couple of drinks between the two nights I was there - the bartender is super nice and mixes a great drink. Little expensive for this Midwest girl ($10 for a martini) but reasonable for the area.

The second day, I took advantage of water taxi which is literally just across the street from the hotel. From there you can take a taxi into the Inner Harbor or out to Fort McHenry. An all day pass is $12 - you'll need cash unless you buy it from the ticket booth in the Inner Harbor. There is a Bank of America ATM on the same block as the hotel. The taxi pass is a stamp on your hand too so don't think you can buy one while you are at the Harbor and then use it the next day. The hotel kept my luggage for me while I was out exploring in the afternoon and called me a cab ($35 flat rate) when I was ready to head for the airport.

One last word about the neighborhood - it's a historical district with tons of pubs. Hopefully if you are coming here, you are good with that. It got a little loud on Thursday, apparently it gets much louder on Friday / Saturday nights. There were plenty of food places within a block of the hotel (including one in the hotel itself) so if you wanted, you wouldn't have to wander far. There is a large square right next to the hotel and that wasn't as well lighted as I would have liked to see. I bumped into a few beggars during the afternoon I was out but they were not terribly pushy. I wasn't out late at night (too tired) but if you were a single woman, you might want to talk to the hotel directly about how safe it would be wandering by yourself. I certainly felt safe in the daytime.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
TheSocialStation, Public Relations Manager at Admiral Fell Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
SusanM223, we want to thank you for choosing to stay with us while in Baltimore and also thank you for leaving us a spectacular review. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience at our hotel.

Many people don't realize how unique our location really is. We like to think that we offer something that is very different from other hotels but yet still provide exceptional comfort and quality service. From reading over your review, it seems that you appreciated this and we couldn't be happier!

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. It really means a lot when guests take the time out of their day to write us a nice review. We hope you realize how much we appreciate this and know that this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If there is ever anything we can do to accommodate you in a future visit to our location, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here for you!

Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you back soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I wanted to stay on the waterfront while visiting friends and family in the city for the weekend and this place was perfect. I noticed a few negative reviews on here recently and I don't understand what their problem is because our experience was great! My fiancé is a clean freak and she was very impressed with the lobby and room cleanliness, and more important to me anyway, the location -perfect...could not have been better! Staff was super friendly and professional too. If you're staying on the waterfront in B-more this place is a no-brainer! We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed April 2013
TheSocialStation, Public Relations Manager at Admiral Fell Inn, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
mlo3384, we'd like to thank you for writing us an incredible review and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Baltimore. We are delighted to hear that you felt our hotel was the perfect place to stay and we're glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us.

From reading over your review, we saw you mentioned how amazing our staff was. We are truly fortunate to have such wonderful people working with us. Every day they go out of their way to ensure that everything is always perfect for our patrons. We will definitely pass along your kind comments to our team. They'll be happy to hear them!

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. It truly means a lot when guests take the time out of their day to leave us a nice review. We hope you realize how much we appreciate this and know that this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

Thank you, and we can't wait to see you both back soon!
Dunedin, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Got back yesterday from a three night stay at the Inn. This was the 4th time we have stayed there in the past 3 years. What a very sad experience! It had been such a delight until the new management took over. I requested that we did not stay in a room on Thames St. and was told our room was on Broadway St. Got to our room and it was on Thames St. Thank goodness I had packed ear plugs because the noise from the bar across the street and the fighting of two men under our window at 2:00 am was horrible! The carpet in our room (221) was filthy! We had always enjoyed the Admiral's reception in the lobby and when I inquired I was told they still had it. Now you have to go on the ghost tour to get a complimentary glass of beer or wine even when you had been on it in the past. No more reception in the lobby giving you the opportunity to meet fellow travelers. The shuttle driver on Saturday evening (3-11 shift) that took us back to the Admiral's from Pier 5 (still has their awesome chocolate experience!) was extremely rude and I requested to speak to the manager about it. He had just left the building and I was told by the then desk clerk that he would have him call me. He never did! To add insult to agony, I was charged the $29.00 fee per day for parking and I took a cab there from the airport. Hakeem was wonderful and fixed the statement immediately. I must say that the head of housekeeping (I didn't get her name), Steve the bartender, and Hakeem at the front desk, were wonderful! I doubt that things will change back to the original way because no matter how many corners they cut, no matter how rude they are, no matter how stained the carpets in the rooms are, it won't make a difference because of the lack of hotels in the Fell's Point area and their location. What a shame!

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms on Thames Street!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
TheSocialStation, Public Relations Manager at Admiral Fell Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
30thanniversary81, we want to thank you for sharing your feedback from your most recent stay with us. We are extremely upset to hear that you were very unsatisfied with your experience.

Upon reading over your review, it is apparent to us that what you experienced was certainly a deviation from the norm for our hotel. We want to sincerely apologize for this. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority and hearing that we underperformed makes us very unhappy.

We have contacted you on here to learn more about your experience. We want to make things right. We hope that you'll give us the opportunity to do so. We look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you.

Been to Admiral Fell Inn? Share your experiences!