“maybe best in Baltimore” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 69 hotels in Baltimore
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“maybe best in Baltimore”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

loved the chocolate in the afternoon, loved that it's close to everything, loved that manager responds to every concern himself and loved that they have fantasy suites i haven't seen but just to know they're there is a plus. They gave free wine the last time but i left that behind. I left a lot behind about this place. Just try to get a table in the restaurants affiliated with this hotel even give them your room number, they'll still make you wait and if you tell the hotel, they'll make excuses for the restaurant the restaurant didn't make for itself. Sad, could be such a memorable property in a good way with just the littlest bit of internal coordination. Not here.

Room Tip: i was here more than once and they seemed to give me the same room so consistency doesn't help i...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Pier 5 Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
rufkdlk, we want to thank you for leaving a great review and we'd also like to thank you for your continuous patronage to our property. We're happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your time at our hotel.

From reading over your review, we saw you mentioned how much you enjoyed our Chocolate Event. You wouldn't be the first person to tell us this! We receive a lot of positive comments about this activity. In addition to our Chocolate Event, we also hold a Crabby Hour in our lobby. We love being able to offer some fun and tasty entertainment for our guests that doesn't require them to walk very far to get to!

While reading over your comments, we also noticed how you had some issues at the restaurants in our hotel. Please know that we do not own or manage these restaurants and although they are located in our building, they are essentially a different entity. We plan to pass your feedback onto their management team.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. It means a lot when guests take the time out of their day to write a nice review. We hope you realize how much it means and know that this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to our property, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here for you!

Thank you, and we hope to see you back soon!

650 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I first came across Pier 5 back in July for a reunion trip to meet up with old friends and let me tell you that I was so impressed with this hotel, I booked another stay to attend the Fell's Point Festival in October. Prior to my stay, the hotel staff contacted me and made sure I was well prepared for my trip and if I needed anything during my upcoming stay to please let them know...this also includes a great call I got from their Hotel Concierge, Josh Sandkuhler, who also works at the Henderson's Wharf in Baltimore (Pier 5 sister property). Josh was excellent and made sure that I was all set for my trip and confirmed all details. Upon arrival my friend and I were surprised with a room upgrade and a great bottle of wine. This set the tone for the whole weekend and what a weekend we had. The Fell's Point Festival was great!! I "THANK" Pier 5 over and over again for always being so great with me and my friends and treating me as if I was part of the Pier 5 family. There is never a wait time whenever I need something for my room or otherwise. The rooms are spacious, the staff are more than accommodating and the overall services is phenomenal. There is no other place I would rather stay than at Pier 5 when in Baltimore.

I want to "thank" Terrence, Kevin and Morgan at Pier 5 for always greeting me with a smile and always ready to assist me with anything I need. As for Josh, Hotel Concierge, I HIGHLY recommend for anyone to contact him as if you want to feel pampered like you would if you were in Vegas, than Josh is the man to do it. I kept telling him, he belongs in Vegas, because he knows how to make a guest feel so special while staying at any of the Ascend/Choice Hotel properties in Baltimore.

Pier 5 has a dedicated guest in me for life! ;)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Pier 5 Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Denise R, thank you for writing a fabulous review and we'd also like to thank you for your continuous patronage to our property. We are absolutely thrilled to hear that we are your hotel of choice whenever you visit Baltimore.

From reading over your review, we saw you mentioned many amazing members of our staff. We are extremely fortunate to have such wonderful people working with us. They really do go above and beyond to ensure that everything is always perfect for our patrons. We'll be sure to let Josh, Terrence, Kevin, Morgan and the others know of all the kind things you had to say.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We truly appreciate when guests take the time out of their day to leave a fantastic review. We hope you realize how much it means and know that this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to our hotel, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here for you! We also LOVE the pictures that you added to your review. Thank you for taking and sharing them!

We look forward to your next trip to see us!
Willits, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I am actually checked in as I write this review. I arrived last night after a long day of traveling and everything has been as delightful and convenient as it can possibilly be. The room and decor is delightful, the room spacious and clean. I love the look and feel of this hotel with the harbor and walkways surrounding it. It is quiet and staff has been great. Two more nights here, then I am going to try out their sister hotel The Inn at Henderson.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
JanBaechtel, we want to thank you for leaving a spectacular review and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay at our property during your time in Baltimore. We are happy to hear that your experience has been extremely enjoyable so far.

We take great pride in everything we do at our hotel, from our pleasant and helpful staff, to our comfortable and delightful accommodations. We are thrilled that these efforts have made a positive impression.

Our sister hotel, The Inn at Henderson's Wharf is great too! We have full confidence that the team over there will take very good care of you too.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. It really means a lot when guests take the time out of their day to write a wonderful review. We hope you realize how much it means and know that this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to any of our locations, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here for you!

Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your time with us!
Scranton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The pictures of the hotel look beautiful. Thanks to Photoshop and just the right angles. This is not what you will get when you arrive. First off, there is no hotel parking. You have to cough up another $40 to part at a public parking lot and walk back to the hotel.

The rooms are not worth the price charged. They are similar to what you see at a Hotel 6 or Budget Inn. The views are obscured by tin roofs and park trees. The hotel staff if cold and unfriendly. If you care to eat on site hang on to your wallets. If you wish to eat at a fair price put on your walking shoes, because if you take your car there is a high fee everywhere you park.

Oh, and make sure you look close at your credit card bill in the coming months. My credit card number was stole and used for online purchases. This credit card was only used to pay for the hotel, so where do you think the person who stole my credit card worked?

Room Tip: Don't walk, run from this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Pier 5 Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Chipper146, we want to thank you for staying with us and we'd also like to thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay at our hotel. We are extremely upset to hear that you were disappointed with your experience at our property.

We take guest reviews very seriously. We have private messaged you on here as we'd like to conduct a full investigation of your time at our hotel. We hope that you'll give us the opportunity to make things right.

Thank you.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Thank you to the Pier 5 Banquet and Culinary Team for making our 50th High School Reunion elegant and FUN-tastic! Chris Sikora took great care of every detail including the beautiful chair covers and pretty table centerpieces which made our room so lovely. From the Harbor Club we had an amazing view as the sun set...then the DJ got us all on the dance floor.
Best Salmon ever - kudos to the Chef!
Julie

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Pier 5 Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
JulieDowntown, we want to thank you for leaving a wonderful review and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to have your 50th High School Reunion at our property. We couldn't be happier to hear that the event was a big success.

From reading over your review, we saw you mentioned how spectacular members of our team were. We are extremely fortunate to have such amazing people working with us. They truly go above and beyond to ensure that everything is always perfect for our patrons. We'll definitely pass along your kind comments to Chris and everyone else who worked to make your event special.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. It’s very much appreciated when guests take the time out of their day to write a thoughtful review. We hope you realize how much it means and know that this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

Thank you, we hope you'll visit us again soon!
Owings Mills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We recently held my daughter's Quinceanera (15th birthday) at Pier 5 Hotel and from the very beginning received excellent service. Our event manager, Chris Sikora, was very professional and did everything in his power to help us fulfill our vision for our daughter's big day. The hotel is beautiful and the club room where her party was held was spectacular! It was beautifully set up and the staff and banquet manager were very attentive the entire evening and ensured a very smooth, fun party. The food was absolutely delicious and the DJ servces was excellent. My guests continue to compliment the event and I am very thankful to all of the Pier 5 staff for making my daughter's birthday very memorable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Djanira R, thank you for writing a fabulous review and we'd also like to thank you for having your daughter's Quinceanera at our hotel. We're absolutely delighted to hear that the event was a major success and most importantly, your daughter had a memorable birthday.

We'll make sure to share your kind comments with Chris and everyone else here. We have some amazing people working with us. We are constantly impressed with the effort that they put forward on a daily basis. They will be very happy to hear that they helped make your daughter's birthday spectacular.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. It truly means a lot when patrons take the time out of their day to leave a wonderful review. We hope you realize how much it means and know that this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

Thank you, and we hope to see everyone back soon!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our 50th Eastern High School Reunion - fabulous venue, best food ever, wonderful service. Those hors d'oeuvres were never-ending, and the best I've ever had.

Cheers to the best manager - Chris Sikora. You bent over backwards to make this such a wonderful, and memorable event.

Thank you, and all the servers, for such a wonderful night.

Room Tip: One with a view!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Pier 5 Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Roberta R, we want to thank you for leaving a fantastic review. We are absolutely delighted to hear that you had a spectacular time at your 50th High School Reunion event at our hotel. We definitely had a great time organizing the event and meeting everyone that came.

We'll make sure to share your comments about the delicious hors d'oeuvres with our culinary team and we'll also pass along your kind remarks to Chris. We've got some amazing people working with us. They go above and beyond to ensure that everything is always perfect.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. It really means a lot when guests take the time out of their day to write a thoughtful review. We hope you realize how much we appreciate it and know that this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

Thank you, and we hope to see everyone back for a future reunion!