“Didn't get to stay but....” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Avenue Shopping Package
Ranked #31 of 63 hotels in Baltimore
Hingham, Massachusetts
“Didn't get to stay but....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

After a long drive and in need of a good night's rest, we found the Fairfield Inn at White Marsh. The lobby looked wonderful: clean, modern, and chic. Unfortunately, no rooms were available. The clerk apprised us that the remainder of the rooms were under renovation so she could not accommodate us. I asked if she knew the number for the Residence Inn, closeby, and she offered to call for us. That didn't work out. I asked her if there were any other hotels and she said the Hampton Inn was down the street. Again, she offered to dial them up for us. We were so appreciative of her help that I will make it a point to stay at this hotel the next time we pass through. Kudos to a helpful, kind, and professional person managing the desk. She saved us from a night of driving to hotels looking for a place to stay. I know this is not an ordinary review, but I think it says a lot when you receive this type of treatment and I feel confident that this hotel is a winner. I might add, the surrounding shopping and restaurants were upscale.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
KrystalLehnhoff, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore White Marsh, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with Trip Advisor. Our mission is to consistently provide superior customer service and ensure that each guest has a memorable experience. We are delighted to hear that you found our staff helpful and professional. Thanks again and we hope to have the opportunity to host you next time you’re in the Baltimore/ White Marsh area!

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I recently spent several days on business as my "home base" . Had enough space to work and relax. My biggest pet peeve with any hotel is the so-called "high speed internet", which most aren't high speed. However, the speed was pretty decent. Kudos to them.

The hotel and room were clean and well maintained, and the staff was friendly. The location is good for extended stays. Close to the highways, without the highway sound. You have plenty of eateries around and a whole shopping complex right down the road, including a staples if needed.

All in all, a good stay. A bit pricey for a Fairfield, but considering the location, well worth it.

Room Tip: ask for a refrig is staying for a couple of days during reservations.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
KrystalLehnhoff, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore White Marsh, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Hello Sal C, Thank you for your review! It’s a pleasure to know that your time here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore White Marsh was truly enjoyable. I am glad you found our property convenient to quick highway access, shopping and dining! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stay at this hotel often and it is very clean and has a great staff. The over night guy is always great to chat with when i check in late. My last visit he was off and the girl at the front desk was not as welcoming as he is but that will not stop me from staying at this hotel. Its also close to the mall so you can get some shopping and good food on my visits.

The only draw back is to much light gets in from the window in the mornings when i try to sleep in black out shades are needed for the windows

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
KrystalLehnhoff, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore White Marsh, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I am elated to know that our staff took great care of you and I will certainly pass along your comments to our entire team. We take a lot of pride in providing the best service, cleanest rooms, and providing an experience rather than just a night’s stay. I am sorry to hear that you found the black out drapes diffcult to find, during your next visit we would be happy to have housekeeping come up and adjust the drapes for you. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Quincy, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

A group of us were traveling for business in the Perry Hall, MD area and found this hotel to be very pleasant. Rooms were clean and up to date. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast offered a better variety than other Marriott’s I have stayed at in the past. Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
KrystalLehnhoff, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore White Marsh, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our property. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Our employees will be recognized for the great customer service offered. We take a lot of pride in providing the best service, cleanest rooms, and providing an experience rather than just a night’s stay! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Disappointing for Marriott!!!! I read a review from Feb. 2013. That person said Fairfield Inn are Flakey! I agree! This Fairfield Inn does not even have an ice bucket in the room! Do I mention no microwave, no refrigerator? The rooms are clean and updated. However, I was given a handicap room and the receptionist did not even inform me first!!! Just for that I should recommend NO!

• Stayed April 2013
On behalf of The Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore White Marsh we would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are truly concerned to hear that we did not exceed your expectations on your visit. .We value our customer’s feedback as it tells us what we are doing wrong and what we are doing right and where we can improve. If there is any additional assistance we may provide to you, please contact the hotel directly. Thanks again and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our area in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here the night after staying in another Marriott - the Courtyard at Christiana Mall.

This hotel was also near a mall and loads of shops and restaurants, but a little 'rougher' area.

It's conveneintly located by the I95 and I liked the free wifi. However, some gripes:-

On check-in I was given a room right by the elevator, and could hear the pinging of the bell. There were also lots of kids hanging about by the elevator. Well behaved but still a little noisy. I asked to be moved and was moved up a floor with good grace and no hesitation.

There was no frdge in the room, unlike the cheaper and nicer Courtyard I had stayed in the night before, and there were no ice machines except on the ground floor, due to renovations.

All in all the place was not at all bad, but the comparison shows what can be done better at less cost!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
KrystalLehnhoff, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore White Marsh, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our property to be conviently located. I do apologize that you found the value to price paid less then satisfactory. We appreciate your feedback and we truly hope you give us another opportunity to show you the constant improvements The Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore White Marsh has to offer. Once again thank you and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Best Regards,
Krystal L.
Bella Vista, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Fairfield inns are flaky. Some of them are great, some of them are like rebranded Super 8s. I am pleased to say that this newly renovated property sets the bar for the brand. Yes, rooms are small, but they were thoughtfully designed (re-designed?) with 4 power outlets at the desk, and 3 by each bedside. The bedding is comfortable (if the mattress is a bit hard). The large LG LCD TV has plenty of channels, but the added bonus there is a nice console sitting next to it that allows you to plug in your laptop, your iPad, or even a DVD player. That's great! The bathroom is spacious and the shower has a good shower head with great water pressure. Front desk staff is friendly. Van service is offered to the Martin State airport. McDonalds and Taco Bell are in the parking lot. Other restaurants are nearby, Ikea and a mall are across the street.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
KrystalLehnhoff, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore White Marsh, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. We take a lot of pride in its sleek and contemporary design and cap that off with a staff that is ready to go above and beyond throughout your experience. It was our pleasure having you stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,
Krystal Lehnhoff

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore White Marsh? Share your experiences!