“Room with a View!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Olyphant, PA
“Room with a View!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I usually stay at Marriott Hotels, but decided to stay at this hotel this past weekend. It is right across from Camden Yards, and you have an incredible view from the fitness center. From the upper floors, you can also see the Ravens Stadium as well. We were there on Sept 13 -Sept 15, opening game day for the Ravens. Not too crazy busy, but the Cleveland Browns players were staying at the hotel, which was cool. The hotel was very nice and clean, we ate at the restaurant for breakfast and lunch one day and the food was great. Parking is right below, @ $28 per day, not too bad. Baltimore has a transit system called Charm City Cirrculor which is free transportation to many tourist destinations, which is cool. Our hotel was about 4 blocks from Inn Harbor which we liked, because it tends to get a little congested down in that area, so it is nice to be away from that. We lived the hotel, staff was nice, front desk staff sufficient - not overly friendly. I would however recommend this hotel and we will be going back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with stadium view or harbor view, the are really nice. Also check out the packages...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for providing us with great feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Baltimore. We appreciate the kind reference about the ideal location of our hotel and we thank you for recognizing our fantastic Hotel. Our hotel ideal location is second to none, located directly across from Camden Yards and a short walk to the Inner Harbor. We are excited that you also have the opportunity to experience the Charm City Circulator as well.

Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back for a great and enjoyable stay at Hilton Baltimore in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Saylorsburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Conveniently located from major highways it is a posh hotel, valet service, underground parking, more than enough elevators, friendly staff, pool, spa, gym, room service and it's only steps away from Camden Yards! Doesn't get much better than this.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the wonderful review of Hilton Baltimore. I am delighted you had the opportunity to enjoy our great location and friendly staff. I truly feel that Hilton Baltimore is walking distance from all the great attractions such as Camden Yards, Inner Harbor, & shopping. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Baltimore
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Across from Camden Yards and not a price tag that will drain you.
Service: Friendly, helpful and professional. Everyone that works there seems to know all of your answers, no matter how trivial they are.
I definite recommendation for a family stay. Or any other visit.

Room Tip: Some face the Stadium, otherwise it does not matter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We really appreciate that you chose the Hilton Baltimore for your recent stay and that you took the time to share your positive experience with other travelers. We thank you for the great feedback and are excited that our team exceeded your expectations and have the opportunity to enjoy our facilities. Please see us again soon!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We try to stay at this hotel when visiting Baltimore and this is the third year that we stayed at Baltimore Hilton for the Grand Prix Race. The hotel and its service is first-class. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Its location across from the stadium makes it great for going to the baseball games, it is also located next to the convention center, and convent to inner harbor. Their restaurant Diamond Tavern is a good spot for breakfast or lunch.

Room Tip: you can have a view of inner harbor, the stadium or the old clock tower.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your stay at Hilton Baltimore. We agree that we are in a great location with close proximity to the stadiums and Inner Harbor. We appreciate the recognition of our friendly and accommodating team members. We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Baltimore!
Mamaroneck
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I wish the Lobby Bar had its own listing here on Trip Advisor, because I had a much better experience there than the hotel itself. But it doesn't so I averaged the two for ratings purposes.

The hotel was rather pricey and didn't give you much in the way of room amenities. No free wi-fi unless you are a Gold or Platinum member. If you want it, it $13 a day. No refrigerator in the room, if you want one, you'd have to pay extra.

Now, this isn't much different than other hotels, and I would have not minded it if the service was better. We got a pull away bed for our daughter (who is four) and asked to put it away from the window and the vent for the AC. The guy who brought up said "No, I'll put it here (Near the window and the AC vent) so she can watch TV in bed. My wife and I had to move it after the guy left.

One of our days, we left our room about 9am. The maid's cart was a few doors down. We come back a little before 5pm and our room wasn't even touched. I don't know if they were just understaffed or skipped our room or what, but that was unexpected.

There are good things about the hotel as well. It is right next to Camden Yards and there is a patio next to the gym where you can sit and watch the game. It has a walkway that connects it to the convention center, and it is only about 4 blocks away from Inner Harbor.

But the best thing about the hotel was the bar, and that was due to the two bartenders working there, Ana and Mike. I'm not a hotel bar kind of guy but I was there two nights (one to hang out with a friend and his wife and the other to watch a football game).

The first night the bar was practically empty. Ana and Mike were great with conversation, filling up our drinks and answering our questions about what they offered. The next night, the bar was packed with businessmen who were there for a convention. I marveled at the way Ana and Mike worked. No one had to wait more than a second for their drink order and even though my tab was a pittance compared to hundreds of dollars the business people were spending, I always had a drink waiting when I finished my previous one. They made me feel welcome. Just great, great service from great, great people. The hotel should sit the rest of their staff down with Ana and Mike so they can give them some pointers on good service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear value guest,

We are very disappointed that your recent experience did not meet the high standards we are known for. We appreciate your feedback and we thank you for recognizing our bar team members: Ana and Mike. We are sorry for felling short on your expectations and hope to welcome you back to prove the experience to be the exception and not the rule and I look forward to being of service to you in the very near future and to have the opportunity to completely restore your confidence in the Hilton Baltimore.
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed in the hotel because the event I was attending was taking place here. I always stay in Marriott but based on the show and the closeness to the stadium I decided to try it. I am very happy that I did with one exception. First the positive modern rooms, terrific location, reasonable rate, nice gym and very nice staff with one exception. After driving four hours I arrived around 11:00 am. I figured would try and check in no biggie if not. There was no room ready but what really got me when I asked the front desk clerk (heavy accent) could not wait to tell me that for $40.00 I can have an early room. That was my first taste not a good way to welcome me with a fee. Anyway, I recommend this hotel but very, very tacky to charge me. As a matter of fact when I declined the offer I left my bags and went to my meeting I was waiting for them to tell me there is a bag storage fee but this one was on them

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing feedback about your stay at Hilton Baltimore. We are committed to consistently provide genuine care and positively unique experiences to each guest who passes through our doors and although we have an early arrival fee, we will gladly accomodate a room for you early should it be available. We are sorry we fell short of that during your visit and for that we truly apologize. We will share your comments with the team to ensure we do better in the future.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

If staying in Baltimore, this particular Hilton and location is perfect. Perfect view of the stadium when working out and so so much to do and food to injoy in the general location. Easy access to the interstate for a 35 minute drive over to DC was great. Kids had a great time.

Room Tip: Only negative aspect of the trip is I requested a room with the view of the Orieoles park but was no...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Winsett R, Front Office Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are happy that you had a good experienced during your recent stay with us. We appreciate all your remarks regarding our great location. Our Hotel is very convenient to Oriole Park at Camden Yards, 1st Mariner Arena, the Light Rail - serving Thurgood Marshall/BWI Airport, M&T Bank Stadium (Home of the Baltimore Ravens), University of Maryland Medical Center as well as many other attractions, businesses and nightlife in Baltimore. We are also the only hotel connected by an enclosed, temperature controlled sky bridge to the Baltimore Convention Center.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Been to Hilton Baltimore? Share your experiences!