“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 63 hotels in Baltimore
NJ
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed in the hotel because the event I was attending was taking place here. I always stay in Marriott but based on the show and the closeness to the stadium I decided to try it. I am very happy that I did with one exception. First the positive modern rooms, terrific location, reasonable rate, nice gym and very nice staff with one exception. After driving four hours I arrived around 11:00 am. I figured would try and check in no biggie if not. There was no room ready but what really got me when I asked the front desk clerk (heavy accent) could not wait to tell me that for $40.00 I can have an early room. That was my first taste not a good way to welcome me with a fee. Anyway, I recommend this hotel but very, very tacky to charge me. As a matter of fact when I declined the offer I left my bags and went to my meeting I was waiting for them to tell me there is a bag storage fee but this one was on them

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for sharing feedback about your stay at Hilton Baltimore. We are committed to consistently provide genuine care and positively unique experiences to each guest who passes through our doors and although we have an early arrival fee, we will gladly accomodate a room for you early should it be available. We are sorry we fell short of that during your visit and for that we truly apologize. We will share your comments with the team to ensure we do better in the future.

1,196 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

If staying in Baltimore, this particular Hilton and location is perfect. Perfect view of the stadium when working out and so so much to do and food to injoy in the general location. Easy access to the interstate for a 35 minute drive over to DC was great. Kids had a great time.

Room Tip: Only negative aspect of the trip is I requested a room with the view of the Orieoles park but was no...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Winsett R, Front Office Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are happy that you had a good experienced during your recent stay with us. We appreciate all your remarks regarding our great location. Our Hotel is very convenient to Oriole Park at Camden Yards, 1st Mariner Arena, the Light Rail - serving Thurgood Marshall/BWI Airport, M&T Bank Stadium (Home of the Baltimore Ravens), University of Maryland Medical Center as well as many other attractions, businesses and nightlife in Baltimore. We are also the only hotel connected by an enclosed, temperature controlled sky bridge to the Baltimore Convention Center.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.
Orlando. Fl., United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I would like to say my stay was bad but wasnt good. When I checked in I felt like I was rushed by giving my card that used to book the room. Get a bill Sunday morning just to see it was a different price than what I booked it for. More and less like I was paying the Hotels rate for two days, when going to the front desk and asking about the lady didnt know anything on how Booking . com would get me a different price and so Instead of complaining I just left and got billed for the stay/

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit to the Hilton Baltimore hotel. We apologize for the confusion regarding your room rate. We know you have many choices for lodging and we want to thank you for using our hotel.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any future trips to the Hilton Baltimore, as I would be delighted to personally ensure you expectations are exceeded on your next trip to our hotel.

Best regards.
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed the night here and it was a great location for us. Went to Camden Yards for a game and stumbled back after the game. The Lobby Bar was a great spot to end the evening, just wished they didn't run out of good tequila. Staff was very nice and was very easy parking and getting in and out.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 15th floor, great view of the city
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review about our hotel. We are glad you found our hotel to be centrally located for your stay! We hope you were able to explore our great city, and take advantage of the nearby shopping, restaurants and attractions. Thanks again for your comments, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future!
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This Hilton has a great view of the Oriole park. I recommend the ball park view. Staff was friendly and helpful from the front desk, maid service, bell captains. We did have several issues with room keys not working. We had at least 10 different keys made over 3 days. Ice maker on floor was broken and no one was attemtping to fix.

Room Tip: Ball Park View, High Floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience here at the Hilton Baltimore. Our goal is to have each of our guests rate us as a 10 out of 10 each time they visit our property. Although I see there were positive aspects of your stay, I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced with the room keys and ice machine not functioning properly. We will use your feedback to improve our guest experience, and see to it that any and all issues you experienced are resolved for future guests of our hotel.
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I booked this hotel because I wanted a great hotel with a view of the ball park. We paid extra for just that a view of the ball park! We got there around noon and wanted to get into our room before the game and had to pay $25 to do so. When I got to out room I expected to open the curtains and see that great view of Camden Yards. I went over and opened the curtains and what did I see? I saw the other part of the hotel and the city. If I pushed my head up against the window and looked to the way left I could see the park but that is not what I expected!!! I was greatly disappointed. We left and headed to the game. Upon our return we wanted to go to the room to relax a while before going to dinner. We get to our room and the door key no longer works. SO we all track back down to the main lobby where they are completely busy and have to wait in line with two grumpy kids. Finally get new keys to our room!.

Also, upon arrival my son used the restroom in the room and when he came out he said "mom don't use the one faucet it has yellow water coming out". I went in and checked it out and he was right. Yellow/brown water! I said something to them when we got the new keys and was told that they did something to the water system on Tuesday and our room hadn't been occupied in several days.

Took the kids to the pool and it seemed very dirty. The steps were yellow/brown as well. The life guard spoke very little English.

Room Tip: If you book a room with ball park view make sure you are specific on the view as in "I want to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing Hilton Baltimore.

Please allow me to apologize for falling short of your expectations. We want to take the opportunity to thank you for sharing your comments. I apologize that we were not able to make your experience a positive one and accommodate a better view of our Ball Park, and we have shared the feedback with our team in an effort to do much better in the future. We appreciate your comments as they help us to continually improve and do hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Baltimore in the near future!
DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We thought that it would be a neat experience to stay at the Hilton for the Grand Prix of Baltimore since it was inside the track. Overall it was a hassle trying to access the hotel and it's not like you can see much of anything from the hotel itself. To check in I ended up double parking and walking several blocks to the hotel to check in on Saturday night. That, of course isn't the hotel's fault although I could take exception with their lack of signage to help arriving guests I'll give them the benefit of the doubt what with the confusion of trying to run a hotel that was part the infield of a racing event.
Beyond that however this Hilton obviously sees its location adjacent to the Convention Center and Camden yards as a valuable commodity that you should be happy with and location trumps service so be satisfied with location.
My complaint begins with check in where there were only two people manning the check in for a presumably sold out hotel. Both were extremely slow due to computer problems or the complexity of the event which is more reason for additional personnel. Finally it's my turn and when I give my name the lady alternately peers intently at her screen, calls someone, presumably in housekeeping, retreats to the back office, and then repeats the process all over. She then asks if I want the type of room that I reserved (2 months earlier) to which I replied that I did. Finally after nearly 15 minutes (30 if you count standing in line) I am presented with my room card. To cut to the chase we go to the room, open the door and find that the room is already occupied. Back to the counter I had to laugh when the lady asked if the room had occupants or merely belongings. I told her that I only saw belongings but that I could go back and check the room more closely for people if she would like! Now 45 minutes into check in I’m finally told that they didn’t have the room type that I had reserved two months earlier but that they would comp me 3,000 HHonors points and by then I said whatever just give me any room. In keeping with their overall attitude not only have I not received the aforementioned 3,000 points I didn’t get any points at all and had to file a missing stay with HHonors.
Beyond that their little hotel store closes early so you either have to pay $3.00 for a bottle of water in a vending machine or walk about five blocks to a 7-11. The soda machines on my floor and the next one down were both broken and the last one took my $3.00. Before trekking to the 7-11 I call the front desk and tell them that I want a credit of $3.00. I’m immediately transferred to the Guest Relations Manager who has long since gone home I’m sure, as it promptly goes to voice-mail. The next day there are two bottles of water and a bowl of nuts along with a form card on “Sorry for your troubles”. I didn’t ask for anything but my $3.00 back because I’m just funny that way, that if you have the nerve to charge $3.00 for a bottle of water then I have the nerve to ask for it back if you can’t deliver. I don’t need your phony card, nuts or water, just give me what I asked for in a thirty second phone call.

The attitude at this property is don’t bother us and be happy that you’re in the center of it all. We definitely won’t stay here again and by the time I left I was questioning why I was spending over $2,300 with Hilton this week at three different properties for a hotel chain that could care less. Fortunately the Ocean City Hilton to which we were headed from Baltimore didn’t disappoint.

My advice: When in downtown Baltimore stay somewhere that appreciates your business even if you have to walk an extra block or two.

Room Tip: Try the Marriott across the street
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
First and foremost, please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay with us. We are extremely sorry that we did not exceed your expectations and we are sorry for the mistakes with your reservation. We encourage you to return to the Hilton Baltimore and give us the opportunity to show you the true spirit of hospitality that we are well known for at the Hilton Baltimore. I have sent you a separate communication and hope that you give us the chance of making this right for you.

Thank you for your feedback and we truly hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Baltimore

Been to Hilton Baltimore? Share your experiences!