“Beautiful hotel in great location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Summer Rates From $159
Ranked #32 of 69 hotels in Baltimore
Burlington, Nj
“Beautiful hotel in great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Came and stayed for a night. Went to Orioles game and best part about this hotel is that it's right across the street from Camden Yards! The kids loved the pool....very nice and the view into the stadium was great. Our room was very nice, beds comfortable. Very clean and modern. Would definitely stay again for visit to Inner Harbor or game!

Room Tip: Since we were going to a game that night we didn't choose a room with a view of the field, but i...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Winsett R, Front Office Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay. I cannot agree with you more as our location is very convenient to Orioles Park at Camden Yards, 1st Mariner Arena, the Light Rail - serving Thurgood Marshall/BWI Airport, M&T Bank Stadium (Home of the Baltimore Ravens), University of Maryland Medical Center as well as many other attractions, businesses and nightlife in Baltimore. We are also the only hotel connected by an enclosed, temperature controlled sky bridge to the Baltimore Convention Center.

We hope to serve you again in the future.

1,129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
vienna, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Perfect stay, clean room, kind staff, quick to answer questions and always helpful. Although the hotel was very busy with various conferences, reunions, and meetings, all were handled professionally and seamlessly. There were many groups sharing the same area of the hotel and yet it never seemed crowded or invasive to any one group of people.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Baltimore. We appreciate having the opportunity to introduce you to our city, and to share in the richly diverse culture and legendary history the city of Baltimore has to offer. With our unique Inner Harbor location between Camden Yards and the Baltimore Convention Center, you will find yourself in the midst of it all. We hope to serve you again in the future.
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed here for our anniversary Friday, August 16 through Monday, August 19, returning to visit Baltimore after 20 years. Reserved room via "name your own price" on priceline for $89.00/night. Long line for check in but the line moved quickly. The check in staff was very nice and she accomodated my request for a room on a high floor with a nice view due to it being our anniversary. I was afraid that since we only paid $89 per night that we wouldn't be able to. She offered a Harbor view or a ballpark view and we chose the ballpark view on the 15th floor - very nice! The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The shower was wonderful with great water pressure and plenty of hot water. Asked the housekeeper for extra hangers, she forgot the first day but delivered them on the second day. Asked for extra towels and they were delivered right away. Very convienent free bus stops in front of hotel that goes to major points in Baltimore. Only two negatives: we drove back to the hotel Saturday night (Aug. 17) after being out all day only to find that the parking garage was full and they had barricades not allowing entry. I had prepaid parking $28.00/day for the entire stay. I explained to an attendant that I had prepaid, and he reluctantly let me through but said there were no spaces. He was right! I drove around the parking deck for 1/2 hour and finally found someone leaving. They should have explained that parking was difficult Saturday night, and we could have used the free bus when we went out. Second negative: we returned to our room Sunday night to find a nice chilled bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries with a card saying happy anniversary from the Hilton. How nice! Next morning there was a bill under the door for $40.00 for room service (we hadn't used room service and I didn't order anything). They removed it from our bill with an apology upon check out but for a moment, I wasn't too happy!!! All in all a very nice stay and very nice hotel. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a nice view on a high floor. Ballpark view is pretty cool but you couldn't a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience here at the Hilton Baltimore hotel. Our goal is to have each of our guests rate us as a 10out of 10 each time they visit our property. Although I see there were positive aspects of your stay, I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your time with us. We will use your feedback to improve our guest experience, and see to it that any and all issues you experienced are resolved for future guests of our hotel.
Mill Valley, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I did not stay at Hilton Baltimore, so I can't comment on the rooms and service there. However, I did eat several meals at the American Grille Restaurant on the ground floor of the hotel during a recent visit to Baltimore. The food was excellent and the service was very attentive. I highly recommend it if you're in the vicinity of the convention center and Oriole Park at Camden Yards.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing such a wonderful review of our Diamond Tavern Restaurant. Just a stone's throw away from Camden Yards and M&T Bank Stadium, our venue puts a fresh spin on a tired genre: The Sports Bar. Located on the first floor of the Hilton Baltimore East building, the Diamond Tavern offers Chesapeake Bay cuisine such as crab cakes and seafood. Indoor and outdoor seating is available.
We hope to see you again soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

What a poorly run hotel. I am surprised that Hilton would want their name attached to such a monstrosity. First, we drive in and no valet...nothing. We wait for a while, no valet in site. Ok, so I go to check in at 4:30 in the afternoon and there is a huge check in line. Ok, so I wait for 30 minutes to check in and have my wife wait for the valet. I check in the room at 5 PM and am notified that the room is not ready...how can this be? So they tell me that they will call me in 15 to 20 minutes when the room is ready and take my cell phone number. My wife and 2 small kids and I wait in the lobby until 5:30 and then I ask a manager what is up. He tells me that I have 2 choices, go back in the 30 minute line or wait for the call to tell me my room is ready. I wait another 30 minutes and nothing. So now, it is 6 PM and I go back into the check in line that I had already waited in. At 6:20 I basically check in again, explain I had previously checked in and then found out that my room had been ready for an hour but they forgot to call me.

2 hours after I check it we are able to get into our room. The management of this hotel is beyond stupid. Really, I would not let them run a Motel 6. One other observation, I went down to the lobby bar later that night to get a drink and the hotel was full, lobby bar packed and they had 1 server.....here is a management tip to the hotel--if you are sold out on a Saturday night you may wish to assume that the bar will be packed..STAFF UP on such nights you chuck wagons! At the bar I sat next to an elderly couple (the husband was disabled) and they had trouble getting served (a sandwich for the disabled husband!) What an absolute disgrace.

The only reason I gave this one star is that our room had been cleaned decently prior to us getting in it.

My advice, avoid the Hilton like a plague and go across the street to the Marriott (I am a preferred Hilton Honors member and Hilton Grand Vacation Club yearly owner--I want to like Hilton's, read my other reviews). Please...please take my advice and DON'T STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying extra to see the Camden Yards baseball field. You would have to stick your...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope that we can have another opportunity to provide a great stay for you in the future.

Best Regards.
Jersey City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel last week and found that there was a fraternity convention going on. The members chanted so loudly all night that I could hear them in my room. Security did the best that they could... Frat boys will be boys.

When unpacking a few of my things, I opened the drawer and found a pair of 'drawers' inside! Dirty men's underwear were there to greet me! I left a note for housekeeping (and I took a picture) but they were never moved. I kept that drawer closed after that.

Housekeeping knocked on the door several times on my last day (beginning at 8:30 AM) even though I told her on at least two occasions that I would be checking out and the room would be available for her to clean after 12. I'm sure that information is available to the housekeeping staff. Overzealous.

I'd stay here again. I recommend the hotel if you're visiting the harbor or going to a game. The location isn't bad, but I'd be sure to put up the do not disturb sign before bed or you will certainly be disturbed again and again.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay here at Hilton Baltimore. Your feedback as a valued guest is something we take very seriously and use in the continous improvement of our property for current and future guests.

Thank you again for your time and feedback, and I look forward to seeing you again soon!
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Front desk staff abrupt, gruff, and disinterested - not just one, but three different front desk staff employees. Stayed on "Executive" floor - ice bucket actually had mold ringing the inside bottom. All of the pillows were flat and unsupportive. One gross looking bathrobe hanging in the closet. There is NO way this hotel is a AAA Four Diamond - average three star hotel in serious need of staff training and some attention from management. We stayed on a Sunday/Monday - can't imagine how bad this place is on a Saturday.

• Stayed August 2013
575JohnG575, Front Office Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing Hilton Baltimore. I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apology for the issues you experienced with our front desk team and guestroom cleanliness. I will share your valuable feedback with the appropriate departments to ensure the team learns and grows from past experiences. Again, I am sorry for these misfortunes you encountered and hope you give us another opportunity to show the excellent service levels Hilton Baltimore is capable of providing.

Been to Hilton Baltimore? Share your experiences!