“Great Location, Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Summer Rates from $129
Ranked #31 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Boulder, Colorado, United States
“Great Location, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We booked this hotel for it's location next to Camden Yards, and specifically the ball park view rooms. We were taking our kids to their first Orioles game and wanted to add to the experience by having our hotel room looking into the stadium.
Easy walk into the stadium. Relatively easy walk to the Inner Harbor, or you can take the free bus from right out front.
Service was great. The bell hops helped with cabs and restaurant recommendations.
Our time in Baltimore was our family's favorite part of our vacation.
Only complaint was no coffee shop in the hotel. The bar serves coffee, but not the same as a coffee shop.

Room Tip: Ballpark view is great if you're there for a game.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
575JohnG575, Front Office Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor. I am to read you had an enjoyable stay with your family. I appreciate the nice remarks regarding the bell team. I am happy to share that Hilton Baltimore has plans to be opening a coffee shop in the Lobby in the near future. I hope to welcome you back for another enjoyable stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
Minot, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel mainly by it's customer service and great employees. Every employee encountered I had was enjoyable. They were friendly and went above and beyond. The location of the hotel is great too. It also has a good atmosphere and clean rooms.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. I appreciate the amazing comments regarding your stay. Hilton Baltimore takes pride in providing exceptional service and clean accommodations. I will share your comments with the team and hope to welcome you back soon.
Greenville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

A fabulous conference experience at this hotel. Close to everything! Great staff and great meeting space. Very attentive hotel staff and a gift shop with bargins and prizes! If you love baseball this is your hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I appreciate the wonderful review on TripAdvisor. Hilton Baltimore is the largest convention hotel in downtown Baltimore with a connecting bridge to the Baltimore Convention Center. The events team and guest services team work together to ensure an enjoyable experience for every conference. I am glad you had an enjoyable conference during your recent stay.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I recently stayed here, just as I did on a trip to B'more in 2012. Unfortunately, I was disappointed in both stays. First of all, both last year and this year, the front desk was unable to make change for a $20 bill. For some reason the front desk has never been able to make change for me. Last year, after 3 attempts over 2 days, I spoke to the Manager who finally went outside and got change from the parking attendant. This year, no change because the bank did not make a delivery (I assume no one could GO to the bank?). I simply don't understand why this is a recurring problem. One needs change at a hotel to TIP THE STAFF (are you folks at the Hilton listening?). Additionally, neither the bar in the Executive Lounge or in the Lobby open until 5PM. So what is THAT about? If one wishes to have a drink before 5 you are forced to visit a local bar near the hotel. I cannot imagine why a Hilton Hotel of this caliber would have such a policy.

I will close by saying that with the exception of the front desk clerk who was abrupt and rude when I wanted to get change, the rest of the hotel staff were very pleasant. It is a nice hotel but be forewarned... come with plenty of change and BOB if you wish to partake before 5.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Hilton Baltimore during your recent visit. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with attempting to make change. I am truly embarrassed the front desk failed to provide you change during your stay. I will be sharing your valuable comments with the team to ensure that making change is no longer a problem. The Hilton Baltimore does have a full-service restaurant available called the Diamond Tavern. The full-service restaurant is located in the East Building of Hilton Baltimore. I hope to welcome you back for another visit to Hilton Baltimore.
Newark, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was extremely disappointed with my stay here. Thankfully, I was here for a conference so my company paid the bill. Where do I even start? You could hear your neighbors from both sides of the room and could hear full conversations from the hallway as people walked by. One of the elevators was out of service during three days of my stay. The layout of the hotel is terrible - you have to search to find a staircase...which is needed when one of the elevator is out of service and there's a 20 minute wait to get on another elevator. The retail store is hidden in a corner so unless you ask for it, you would never know it existed. Forget about trying to get work done in your room, or even get a good night's sleep as you hear every noise possible from the street. What else...I had to try 4 different floors to find a working vending machine for water.

Aside from those complaints, the woman who checked me in was extremely rude as if she didn't want to be here. The only good things I can say about the hotel is the bed was comfy. But you can just as nice a bed at the Holiday Inn across the street. Don't waste your money on this hote.

YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for providing us with feedback about your recent stay at our hotel, your comments and suggestions enable us to continually improve and are vitally important in helping us achieve our mission to be the first choice of travelers like yourself.

Once again, the time taken along with the effort made to share your observations with us is most appreciated. I would like to make myself available to answer any questions you might have and rectify this to ensure your satisfaction. I have sent you a separate communication through Trip Advisor and I hope you contact me back.
Malibu, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel hasn't seen an update (at least in the room I was in) for quite some time. I was here for 6 nights, and there are conveniences absent that would have made for a nicer stay: towel racks in the bathroom; a refridgerator in the room; more effort to remove stains in the carpet. That said, the staff was engaging and helpful. The wait staff at the American Tavern (hotel restaurant) couldn't have been better (they get 5 stars). My only complaint about the food and beverages served during our conference is this: carafes of hot water for tea should NEVER be served in carafes that have held coffee. Most of my tea during this stay was tainted with coffee flavor. C'mon Hilton, just have separate vessels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Oriele Stadium. If you can't get one, enjoy the 4th floor deck.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
575JohnG575, Front Office Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for the review on TripAdvisor. I apologize for your accommodations during your recent stay. I will share your valuable comments with the Director of Housekeeping to ensure we correct your concerns. I am thrilled to read you experienced the “great staff” during your recent stay. Hilton Baltimore takes pride in providing exceptional service. I am glad you had an enjoyable experience with the level of service you received during your stay.
cary, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Love staying on the executive flr. The bar attendant was generous and friendly. Did not have a lot of choices of drinks tho. Could not make a margarita, blueberry bomb or anything like that. The rooms were very clean but I wish the standard rm actually had a bedrm. You walk in and everything is just right there, no sofa bed like the Embassy. I would def stay again. I think it was the best hotel on that strip. Every one was friendly in the hotel staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Winsett R, Front Office Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay at the Hilton Baltimore on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, which I will be sure to share with the rest of our team. We are always looking for ways to improve our overall guest experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Been to Hilton Baltimore? Share your experiences!