“Great stay staff is great” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Summer Rates From $159
Ranked #32 of 69 hotels in Baltimore
Florida, New York
“Great stay staff is great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Spent one night in Baltimore going to baseball game, hotel is very comfortable, staff was great even house keeping stopped and talked to me asking me about my stay
I did not have a car but can see 28 dollars a day could be a bit expensive and that is not including your valet tip

If staying there don't go on other side of stadium neighborhood is not good after dark, stay between hotel and inner harbor and you'll be fine.

Room Tip: Don't go on thee other side of stadium after dark stay between hotel and inner harbor. If you...
Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Winsett R, Front Office Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Baltimore and sharing your recent experience. We appreciate also your recognition of our team and the excellent service we provide to our guests.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Baltimore.

1,144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is my second time staying here and it was a Sunday night as I was in town for my daughters graduation. Check in line was huge because of a couple events going on but they move it along pretty well and it was actually a lot quicker than the night before when we stayed at the Doubletree BWI Airport with only 3 people ahead of me! Of course when I got up there they told me they didn't have my room ready yet and they "pre" checked me in. We decided to go to an O's game while we waited and I'll review that separately but it was convenient and a great time. The stadium is awesome and a family atmosphere. Went back to the hotel and waited again in an equally long line and got my room. If you want to go in/out of the parking garage you have to go to ANOTHER window and pay for an in/out pass which took longer than waiting behind 20 people to check-in twice! Anyways, the room was clean and hotel is attached to the convention center so you don't even have to walk outside if the weather is bad. The Inner Harbor is a few blocks walk but not bad if you like to walk. The only really bad thing that happened was that my wife checked the sheets and found stains on both and her sheets were actually so old that they seemed to be thin and had holes in them. So I called down to the front desk and she said I'll transfer you to the housekeeping manager and I waited and waited and I think she patched me into nowhere. So I had to go down from the 15th floor to the front desk and tell them in person...I wasn't a happy camper. When I got back up to the room my wife was hiding in the bathroom in her pajama's while the housekeeping staff made both beds which took like 15 minutes. They called me on the phone to ask if someone had arrived and I told them yes and they said can we do anything for you to make up for this and they offered a couple free breakfasts which I said would be great. They said they'd slip coupons for it under our door. However, when I woke up, no coupons. Nice offer but would have been nice to follow through. I suggest seeing if a 4 star shows up in the express deals on priceline and then do a name your own price 30-40 less which makes this a great deal.

Room Tip: Upper floors facing into Camden Yards...very cool view especially if a game is going on.
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your recent stay at the Hilton Baltimore. We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope that we can have another opportunity to provide a great stay for you in the future.
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed here with my boyfriend for his brother's graduation. Half of the hotel faces Orioles stadium, the other half faces the harbor. We had a harborview on the 9th floor, and the view was great (we're not baseball fans). If you don't spring for a stadium view room, you can still get a view of the stadium from the fitness center on the 4th floor -- there's a terrace there too.

Pool was really nice, and it had a lifeguard. There was also a hot tub and a sauna. As for the room, it was clean and they restocked the toiletries (Peter David Roth) daily, which was a plus. The bed and bedding was super comfortable as well. The cons were that you had to pay for wireless (except in the lobby) and pay for using their business center. Aside from that, it's a pretty nice hotel. Be warned that if you exit the hotel on game day, you'll get heckled by scalpers trying to sell tickets even if you're dressed to go to graduation dinner and not a baseball game.

Room Tip: If you get a higher room, you'll either get a nice view of Baltimore or the stadium.
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay here at the Hilton Baltimore hotel. Your feedback as a valued guest is something we take very seriously and use in the continous improvement of our property for current and future guests. I noticed you enjoyed our guestrooms, and hotel facilities. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Baltimore area.

Best regards
Pearl River, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel the June of 2011. We were only staying one night as we both worked full time, but wanted to do a weekend trip somewhere (from NY). We thought traveling down early Saturday morning, spend the night and catch and Orioles game was a good idea. Since it was only one night, we decdied to stay right across from Camden and landed at the Hilton.

The location of the hotel is great. Right across the street from the ballpark, close by are numerous bars and restaurants, and about a 5 minute walk gets you to the bay. We were able to enjoy a lot in just the one day we spent there thanks to a great location.

We booked a ballpark view room and while we still got a ballpark view room, it was mostly blocked by the outfield seats. Would have been nicer to be a little higher up to get a better view, but since we were going to the game, we didn't complain.

We are young and like to have a few drinks before headed out to the game (cheaper beer than NY, but still not cheap enough). Unfortunately, the room didn't have a mini fridge. We had to keep our drinks in the small ice bucket and while I am sure the hotel would not like outside drinks being brought in, you should still have a fridge for any kind of needs. Another not so big deal.

Since we stayed just the night, we cared more about exploring Baltimore than the hotel so there isn't much more to say. The rooms were ok, nothing to fancy for a Hilton so not so worth the $ we paid for a ballpark view room (which wasn't much of a view). No fridge so we couldn't bring back any leftover food from lunch/dinner. The location is great and the hotel lobby is real nice. Parking is a joke because after you are paying a fairly high price for a room, you still have to pay about $25 for parking. Its nice for one night, but any more, and the money might start flying out of your pocket.

Room Tip: If you request a ballpark view room, try to get a room on the highest floor for better views.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Baltimore experience on tripadvisor.

We appreciate all your remarks regarding our great location. Our Hotel is very convenient to Oriole Park at Camden Yards, 1st Mariner Arena, the Light Rail - serving Thurgood Marshall/BWI Airport, M&T Bank (Home of the Baltimore Ravens), University of Maryland Medical Center as well as many other attractions, businesses and nightlife in Baltimore. We are also the only hotel connected by an enclosed, temperature controlled sky bridge to the Baltimore Convention Center.

Have a great week.
Baltimore, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Parking is extremely expensive for guess. $28.00 a day can be very pricey. I ended up parking 2 bloicks over for 16.00 a day; however coming in late at night alone made me feel a little uncomfortable. If this is not an issue for you then hotel was very nice. It had a very nice ambiance if you want to stay in the downtown location. It was located within walking distance to all of the downtown attractions. Baseball stadium, Inner Harbor and much more.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Winsett R, Front Office Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. Our location is very convenient to Orioles Park at Camden Yards, 1st Mariner Arena, the Light Rail - serving Thurgood Marshall/BWI Airport, M&T Bank (Home of the Baltimore Ravens), University of Maryland Medical Center as well as many other attractions, businesses and nightlife in Baltimore. We are also the only hotel connected by an enclosed, temperature controlled sky bridge to the Baltimore Convention Center.

While we do have a charge for parking, internet, and some hotel amenities such as In room dining; our pricing is very competitive with our local full service hotel competitors. We also recognize that internet is an important component of a business hotel and for that reason we do provide complimentary internet in our Executive Level Lounge as well as in our public areas.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback.
Best Regards.
sterling, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great location for many downtown attractions. Just a couple of short blocks to the inner harbor and a short walk over to Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Cab service readily available at door can take you anyway in the city for a few dollars. Leave your car in the garage! Enjoy all Baltimore has to offer!

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review of our hotel. It truly sounds like you had a great time staying with us and really enjoyed our property and our city. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback, which I will be sure to share with the rest of our team. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Have a great week.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Having Stayed in the hotel before, it was natural for me to return. it has the best location downtown Baltimore and i will recommend it for first timers in Baltimore. the service from their is excellent, room service and house keeping is top of the range.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review. Your gracious feedback is quite refreshing and very reassuring. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to the ciy of Baltimore. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Baltimore in the future.

All the best!

Been to Hilton Baltimore? Share your experiences!