“Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 63 hotels in Baltimore
New Rochelle, New York
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was very satisfied with the meeting services, room and overall experience of the hotel. It is pretty large. And it has expansive meeting facilities. The food and beverages during the meetings were all pretty good. And my one drink at the bar was delicious. I would recommend this hotel and would consider it for a personal staty.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
575JohnG575, Front Office Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for choosing Hilton Baltimore. I appreciate the kind comments regarding your experience. I will share your valuable comments with the team. I am happy to read you had an enjoyable meeting experience. I hope to welcome you back soon!

1,192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Bladensburg, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Don't get me wrong, the hotel itself was pretty decent. I'm just used to excellent customer service as well. I also know that this location is in a major city, but I agree with a few of the other reviews regarding the pricey parking at the hotel(we paid $28 for in/out service and never left because everything we needed was within walking distance). And $2.75 for a $1.25 soda, from a machine that only takes credit cards is too much.

There was no fridge in the room, so no drinks could be kept cold or leftovers from lunch or dinner to be able to keep.

I will say the parking and bell staff were beyond helpful. They were both great. Too bad I can't say the same about the front desk staff. As far as the service, I was less than impressed. Upon check in, I was initially ignored by 2 agent engrossed in conversation. While I know they could have been dealing with a guest or business issue, my instincts (and ears) said other wise. The young lady that checked us in was less than "warm and fuzzy". She did not provide any information regarding the amenities or services offered by the hotel. If I didn't ask, I guess I wasn't going to know. Upon arriving in my room, I was not impressed with the size nor the view. The nice bellman suggested contacting the front desk an asking to be moved, because he stated that the hotel was not full and told us which locations had better views. I was placed on hold so long in calling the front desk I just went back downstairs. The gentleman that "helped" us must have not been feeling well. There was no smile, or "warm and fuzzy" from him either. He heard my question and without acknowledging me, he started checking and informed me that he could move me and it would cost me $15. I told him, no thank you, I just wanted to look out of the window and I didn't think I should have to pay $15 to do so, IF another room was available. To that, I got a stare and pretty much an "oh well". Next, after showering and dressing for our event, we returned and I decided to ask for towels then (around 12:30am) so we would not have to wait until the morning. Well as of 8:30 am, I still had not received the extra towels. I called back to the desk and said the towels ordered last night had never been delivered. I didn't get an apology, just an ok well send some up. 30 minutes later....no towels. A 3rd call back and the answer I got was "I never got that call". ????? Ok. Still no apology, but at least 3 minutes later a knock on the door and fresh towels.

I guess the maid staff was too busy as well when they cleaned the room because there was trash located on the floor and behind the dresser near the coffee maker. As well there was hair in the tub (several) and uh, yuck. The carpet was dirty and looked as if gum or something was stuck to it and the chair and ottoman looked well worn, with the ottoman having a rip in the seam and looks to need to be repaired.

All in all, the stay was just "ok". However, I'm used to more than "ok" from the Hilton. I felt as if I was treated as a "Hotwire" guest instead of a Hilton Honors participant and guest.

I guess I will skip this location next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Winsett R, Front Office Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience here at the Hilton Baltimore. Our goal is to have each of our guests rate us as a 10 out of 10 each time they visit our property. Although I see there were positive aspects of your stay, I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your time with us. We will use your feedback to improve our guest experience, and see to it that any and all issues you experienced are resolved for future guests of our hotel.

Best Regards
Glastonbury, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I recently attended a conference at a nearby hotel for several days, but chose to stay at the Hilton because my points as a Diamond member earned me a free stay. Check in/out was simple (need credit card not a debit card for miscellaneous room charges) and my room was located on the top private floor. The room was average, at best, and a letdown considering what this room would normally cost. Of course it is obvious that the hotel is relying on the view of Camden Yards (feels as if your sitting in the stadium) to "sell" the room. However, after you tire of looking out the window, you return to looking at an average room with average fixtures. Surprisingly, unlike other Diamond rooms at other Hiltons, there is no fridge or microwave. Sadly, some colleagues stayed at a competing hotel and had a much more updated/modern room with a fridge and a microwave for a third of what our room would have cost. One last note . . . as a Diamond member, I received free breakfast and snacks at 5 every night.

• Stayed March 2013
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My title says it all...I do not necessarily have anything bad to say about this hotel but I think perhaps I expected too much given the "Hilton" name. I think my main problem is that I have been staying in Baltimore off-and-on for the last few weeks and due to my priceline name-your-price option, I've randomly tried several hotels in the area. I have actually thought some of the lower priced hotels were better than this Hilton - in particular, the Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards. The Marriott's lobby is not impressive - but I think the room itself was much nicer, larger and overall just felt cleaner/newer for lack of a better description, than the one at this Hilton. I will say that at the Hilton, we heard quite a bit of noise in our rooms, originating from the hallway - and this was on a Sunday night from midnight-4am before it finally quieted down (and it was not from any one particularly noisy group or anything - its just that the sound carried into the room. The shower in the Hilton was very 'scrunched' in the sense that the shower curtain was constantly touching you in the shower - you couldn't get away from it since they didn't hang it far enough out. I HATE THAT! None of these issues are HUGE nor did they ruin my trip, but given there are so many other hotel options in this area, I would probably avoid the Hilton again unless the price was right (which, one day it likely will be given priceline randomly picks hotels for you). I will say all of the service people we encountered at the Hilton were extremely friendly and helpful. Also, the area the Hilton is in a very nice neighborhood.

Room Tip: try to get a room as high up as possible...Baltimore has a lot of street noise and the higher up you...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Winsett R, Front Office Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Baltimore on your recent trip to the area. I was pleased to see there were many aspects of your stay that you enjoyed, and wanted to extend my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Our goal is to exceed expectations for each and every one of our valued guests. , We value and appreciate your feedback.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Baltimore area.

Best Regards.
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I booked here for a conference in early March. This is near the inner harbor area (about 4 blocks away) and across the street from Camden Yard stadium. We overlooked Camden Yard (10th floor) and also had a great urban view, though not of the city. The hotel offers a harbor view but given its location I can't imagine it is good, but don't know this for sure.

The service was great, although I would have liked early check in. My room was comfortable, and clean, with good cleaning service. My only criticism was that there is NOT FREE INTERNET. It is available for a fee.

Since I was at a conference at the hotel, I didn't use room service, etc. Parking is below the hotel but paid separately. It was $28 per night.

GREAT restaurants in the area in walking distance, if you are pretty mobile. Definately eat at Little Italy.

Room Tip: I liked the Camden Yard side, although it would depend if you are a fan if it is game day.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Baltimore experience on tripadvisor.
We appreciate all your remarks regarding our great location. Our Hotel is very convenient to Oriole Park at Camden Yards, 1st Mariner Arena, the Light Rail - serving Thurgood Marshall/BWI Airport, M&T Bank (Home of the Baltimore Ravens), University of Maryland Medical Center as well as many other attractions, businesses and nightlife in Baltimore. We are also the only hotel connected by an enclosed, temperature controlled sky bridge to the Baltimore Convention Center.

Have a great week.
Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My mother and I recently stayed at the Hilton Baltimore on March 15th for a short over night stay. We used the hotels parking garage with a 24 hour charge of $28. The parking was convenient with in and out privileges although we did not use that option. (Everything we wanted to see and do were with in short walking distances.) Check in was fast and easy. My mom belongs to Hilton honors rewards and we used that to our advantage...upgrading from a city view to a Camden Yards field view room. Although there was no baseball game it was still a nice view. We had a double bed room. The beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows. The room and bathroom were clean and the bathroom looked recently updated. The only downfall was stepping on an exposed tack in the floor between carpet and bathroom. The tack did puncture a small hole in my big toe, causing a small amount of bleeding. I did not report it, just learned my lesson to not walk around in bare feet. Water in sink and shower were extremely hot, so use caution. The lobby had a small bar and a nice updated look. Overall a good stay, with only a minor mishap.

Room Tip: Room 1633 had a beautiful view of Camden yards field.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay here at The Hilton Baltimore. Your feedback as a valued guest is something we take very seriously and use in the continous improvement of our property for current and future guests.
Thank you again for your time and feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Best Regards
Silver Spring
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Clean hotel & all the staff I encountered were very nice. Wish it had a mini-fridge. If you have to park there be prepared to pay big $$$$, plus $2.75 for a bottled water or a soda at the vending machine (that only takes credit cards) is a bit ridiculous. I stayed there on a Saturday night & parked on the street ($1.00 an hour till 8pm, then free & free all day Sunday). Overall, I can't complain to much, I booked it on Priceline for $78/night.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Winsett R, Front Office Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience here at the Hilton Baltimore. Our goal is to have each of our guests rate us as a 10 out of 10each time they visit our property. Although I see there were positive aspects of your stay, I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your time with us.
We will use your feedback to improve our guest experience.

Yours in hospitality.

Been to Hilton Baltimore? Share your experiences!