“No complaints, but not exactly impressed” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Playoffs! Rates from $119
Ranked #30 of 63 Hotels in Baltimore
Richmond, VA
“No complaints, but not exactly impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My title says it all...I do not necessarily have anything bad to say about this hotel but I think perhaps I expected too much given the "Hilton" name. I think my main problem is that I have been staying in Baltimore off-and-on for the last few weeks and due to my priceline name-your-price option, I've randomly tried several hotels in the area. I have actually thought some of the lower priced hotels were better than this Hilton - in particular, the Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards. The Marriott's lobby is not impressive - but I think the room itself was much nicer, larger and overall just felt cleaner/newer for lack of a better description, than the one at this Hilton. I will say that at the Hilton, we heard quite a bit of noise in our rooms, originating from the hallway - and this was on a Sunday night from midnight-4am before it finally quieted down (and it was not from any one particularly noisy group or anything - its just that the sound carried into the room. The shower in the Hilton was very 'scrunched' in the sense that the shower curtain was constantly touching you in the shower - you couldn't get away from it since they didn't hang it far enough out. I HATE THAT! None of these issues are HUGE nor did they ruin my trip, but given there are so many other hotel options in this area, I would probably avoid the Hilton again unless the price was right (which, one day it likely will be given priceline randomly picks hotels for you). I will say all of the service people we encountered at the Hilton were extremely friendly and helpful. Also, the area the Hilton is in a very nice neighborhood.

Room Tip: try to get a room as high up as possible...Baltimore has a lot of street noise and the higher up you...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Winsett R, Front Office Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Baltimore on your recent trip to the area. I was pleased to see there were many aspects of your stay that you enjoyed, and wanted to extend my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Our goal is to exceed expectations for each and every one of our valued guests. , We value and appreciate your feedback.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Baltimore area.

Best Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I booked here for a conference in early March. This is near the inner harbor area (about 4 blocks away) and across the street from Camden Yard stadium. We overlooked Camden Yard (10th floor) and also had a great urban view, though not of the city. The hotel offers a harbor view but given its location I can't imagine it is good, but don't know this for sure.

The service was great, although I would have liked early check in. My room was comfortable, and clean, with good cleaning service. My only criticism was that there is NOT FREE INTERNET. It is available for a fee.

Since I was at a conference at the hotel, I didn't use room service, etc. Parking is below the hotel but paid separately. It was $28 per night.

GREAT restaurants in the area in walking distance, if you are pretty mobile. Definately eat at Little Italy.

Room Tip: I liked the Camden Yard side, although it would depend if you are a fan if it is game day.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Baltimore experience on tripadvisor.
We appreciate all your remarks regarding our great location. Our Hotel is very convenient to Oriole Park at Camden Yards, 1st Mariner Arena, the Light Rail - serving Thurgood Marshall/BWI Airport, M&T Bank (Home of the Baltimore Ravens), University of Maryland Medical Center as well as many other attractions, businesses and nightlife in Baltimore. We are also the only hotel connected by an enclosed, temperature controlled sky bridge to the Baltimore Convention Center.

Have a great week.
Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My mother and I recently stayed at the Hilton Baltimore on March 15th for a short over night stay. We used the hotels parking garage with a 24 hour charge of $28. The parking was convenient with in and out privileges although we did not use that option. (Everything we wanted to see and do were with in short walking distances.) Check in was fast and easy. My mom belongs to Hilton honors rewards and we used that to our advantage...upgrading from a city view to a Camden Yards field view room. Although there was no baseball game it was still a nice view. We had a double bed room. The beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows. The room and bathroom were clean and the bathroom looked recently updated. The only downfall was stepping on an exposed tack in the floor between carpet and bathroom. The tack did puncture a small hole in my big toe, causing a small amount of bleeding. I did not report it, just learned my lesson to not walk around in bare feet. Water in sink and shower were extremely hot, so use caution. The lobby had a small bar and a nice updated look. Overall a good stay, with only a minor mishap.

Room Tip: Room 1633 had a beautiful view of Camden yards field.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay here at The Hilton Baltimore. Your feedback as a valued guest is something we take very seriously and use in the continous improvement of our property for current and future guests.
Thank you again for your time and feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Best Regards
Silver Spring
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Clean hotel & all the staff I encountered were very nice. Wish it had a mini-fridge. If you have to park there be prepared to pay big $$$$, plus $2.75 for a bottled water or a soda at the vending machine (that only takes credit cards) is a bit ridiculous. I stayed there on a Saturday night & parked on the street ($1.00 an hour till 8pm, then free & free all day Sunday). Overall, I can't complain to much, I booked it on Priceline for $78/night.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Winsett R, Front Office Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience here at the Hilton Baltimore. Our goal is to have each of our guests rate us as a 10 out of 10each time they visit our property. Although I see there were positive aspects of your stay, I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your time with us.
We will use your feedback to improve our guest experience.

Yours in hospitality.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great location excellent rooms friendly staff comfortable lounge. Room/beds extremely comfortable, Downtown Baltimore is great place to visit at vacation on business and or vacation do not forget to visit Little Italy

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Baltimore experience on tripadvisor.
We are happy that you had a wonderful experienced during your recent stay with us.

Hope to see you again in the near future.
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful staff added to my pleasant stay for a conference at the convention center. Convenient location and access were a plus. Service was geniune and professional. Food above average. Safety and comfort were of high standard. recommended.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent Hilton Baltimore experience on TripAdvisor. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to serve you again in the future.

Have a great week.

Best Regards.
Summerville, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I should have realized it wouldn't be a good stay when I checked in and the toilet paper roll was almost empty... Then I tried to take a shower but realized there was no hair dryer in the room. I called for both and the hair dryer was delivered but they forgot toilet paper... And this was a half hour after I put the request in. There was no bottled water in the room, even the kind you pay for. Breakfast was over $30 for delivery and the first day they didn't bring what I ordered, the second and third days they did but it was cold and tasteless. The bed was comfortable and it was clean but I thought the service overall was mediocre

Stayed March 2013
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry for the inconveniences you endured while staying with us. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we will address our team in regards to your review. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Hilton Baltimore? Share your experiences!