“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 68 hotels in Baltimore
Burke, Virginia
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My stay at this Hilton was overall a good one. For one, the garage parking is a little expensive, but convenient, considering you would otherwise have to find parking elsewhere. My room didn't have a view of Camden Yards, but it still had a nice view of the city. The room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. There were no amenities like a mini fridge or wireless internet, but I guess that's to be expected. All in all, if you're looking for a nice place to stay in Baltimore near the Inner Harbor, this is the place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay and will be sharing your review with the entire team at Hilton Baltimore as well as the feedback in regards to our parking. We have a beautiful property and wonderful team, which helps maintain are AAA 4-Diamond rating.

We hope you will be able to enjoy another great stay soon!

1,185 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Twin Falls, ID
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My first impression of this hotel was not a good one. The front desk representatives lacked the training and professionalism one would expect at a higher end Hilton Hotel; at least the room rates were higher end. However, the hotel staff who provided food and beverages at a couple of social functions I attended at the conference I attended were nice and for the most part, trained well.

This hotel had one small restaurant, called the Diamond Tavern, with very slow service the two mornings I ate there. If fact, the second morning I waited at over 5 minutes after being seated before I finally asked a hostess if I could have someone take my order. The server who came to my table made it clear that where I was seated was not her table, but she would take my order anyway. Quite the welcome service.

My room was very comfortable with an equally comfortable king size bed. Needless to say, my sleeping accommodations were excellent. Like most higher cost hotels, internet service was not free, costing $13.95/day. The most frustrating aspect of this service was that I had to sign up for the service on a daily basis, rather than buying the service for the number of days I stayed there.

The area around this hotel did not seem very safe. I was told by a local that one block can be just fine and the next block can be unsafe. Thus, finding eating establishments within a 2 block radius was a bit limiting. The Inner Harbor area is about 6 blocks from this hotel.

I have stayed at several other Hilton Hotels in the past and this was the first one in which I had a disappointing experience;

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your stay at the Hilton Baltimore on TripAdvisor.

Please accept our most sincere apology for what appears to have been an unpleasant experience. We pride ourselves in providing a superior experience but do appreciate hearing when we fall short of this.

We are pleased that our location worked well for you and appreciate you recognizing our room as you own mentioned that your sleeping accommodations were excellent.

We do hope you give us the opportunity to visit us once again so you may experience the AAA four diamond service that we consistently provide our guests as indicated on the many previous TripAdvisor reviews.

Thank you again and we appreciate Regards,

Hilton Baltimore
Cambridge, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

i would like to highlight Jason Brown (Food & Beverage) for exceptional service during a week long conference by Labor Ready at Hilton Baltimore, ending 1/18/2013.

My wife and I continued our stay through the following weekend and arrived at the Diamond Tavern 12 minutes past the close of Breakfast on our Saturday morning together (1/19/13).

Jason apologized and then said "let me see what I can do". He talked to the Kitchen and said they would prepare something for us from what they had. We have "foodie" backgrounds and understood how Breakfast could be made for us but did not press the issue. We are not exotic breakfast diners so all worked out well and we had ample portions of everything we wanted, including Jason's impeccable attention.

So thanks for a great beginning, a great stay and we will see you again.

Room Tip: When I was booked with corp I looked out on the Marriott bright Red sign all week on the 10th floor...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
We greatly appreciate your kind words about our team and we are proud to receive such glowing comments. We are excited that you had the opportunity to enjoy our restaurant and thanks for recognizing Jason, we will share your comments with him and our entire team.
Thank you for your comments and we look forward to serving you in the near future!
York, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Spacious lobby and common areas, bathroom was SPOTLESS. Room was comfortable. The views of the city were great. Easy access via skywalk to the Baltimore Convention Center. Light Rail stop right at the hotel. Parking was expensive though.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your stay at Hilton Baltimore. I agree that we are in a great location with close proximity to the stadiums and Inner Harbor. We are also excited for the positive comments in regards to our rooms and hotel cleanliness. We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Baltimore!
Houma, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We were there for the President's Inauguration. We traveled from Louisiana and your staff showed great hospitality. Our rooms were available and no wait in check-in or check-out. The front desk clerk was courteous and helpful. We even met the manger on duty and thanked him for such a smooth check-in. Our group enjoyed the walking distance to the inner harbor. Great restaurants and great atmosphere. Awesome job! Thanks for all you do.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for the kind comments regarding your experience. We are glad that you had the opportunity to meet some of the great team members we have in the hotel, and we are excited that you have a great arrival and an awesome stay with us. We have wonderful team members at the Hilton Baltimore that strives to create positive guest experiences.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future for a chance to watch a baseball game from are beautiful guestrooms overlooking the stadium. We are proud to be recognized for providing great service at Hilton Baltimore!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The Hilton Baltimore, located directly across from the harbour has the best views and if you by chance have access to the executive lounge you have the perfect view of the baseball stadium which is picture perfect in the morning.

Room Tip: The top floors 17-19 are great because they are card key access only, little traffic, very quite and...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your stay at Hilton Baltimore. We agree that we are in a great location with close proximity to the stadiums and Inner Harbor. We are also excited to hear that you enjoyed our Executive Floor and Lounge accomodations as well; and appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Baltimore!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was in Baltimore for a work related event at the convention center. The hotel is conviniently connected to the convention center by the skybridge. The room was clean and well maintained. I was happy with the overall service.The hotel is also walking distance from the inner harbour.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive feedback; we are excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location and our fantastic views are just a portion of what the Hilton Baltimore has to offer.
We are a proud AAA rated hotel, and our team works and goes the extra mile to ensure the satisfaction of our guests. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Baltimore.

Been to Hilton Baltimore? Share your experiences!