“Nice, convenient hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 69 hotels in Baltimore
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice, convenient hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located right in what seems to be the heart of the inner harbor. It is right across the street from the stadium. And even though I was there on business, it was fun to experience the excitement of the Ravens game fans around the hotel. There are lots of good resturants and sports bars, plus it is close to the harbor. The room was spacious and comfortable, and the food at the hotel was decent. I am truely picky about hotels and would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for highly recommending Hilton Baltimore. We have a beautiful property and wonderful staff, which is ideal for any business or leisure traveler. Thank you for your great comments regarding our great location "right in the heart of the inner harbor." Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

1,038 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Palos Verdes Estates, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We were with a conference group and they went over and beyond to make sure our stay was OK. For instance, when the hurricane was arriving they shut down the restaurant so employees could go home but they also had pasta delivered to our group (instead of just appetizers) so no one went to bed hungry.They have a nice tavern (Diamond, I think) that we ate at for dinner and breakfast. The crab cakes are a MUST! Loaded with crab and delicious. My husband liked the breakfast buffet. The room had a flat screen TV and a king bed. Carpet a little worn, but all was clean and neat. Would stay here again. You can walk to harbor area which is really pretty.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We are delighted that you had an enjoyable experience and appreciate the glowing comments about our "Crab Cakes" in our Diamond Tavern restaurant...they are indeed delicious. We will be sharing your positive experience with our team and are glad that you feel safe with us during the Hurricane.

We hope to welcome you back to Charm City in the near future!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Hilton Baltimore is a very centrally located hotel in downtown Baltimore. It was an easy light rail ride from the Amtrak station. The Orange route of the free Charm City Circulator has a bus stop right in front of the hotel.

The hotel straddles South Eutaw Street, consisting of a tall building with the guest rooms, a well-appointed gym/pool/sauna, and some meeting rooms, and a lower building containing the Diamond Tavern, more meeting rooms, and a covered walkway to the Convention Center. The elevators are located towards one side of the tall building, which makes for a long central hallway to the guest rooms.

When we arrived around 3:30pm on a Sunday afternoon for a one-night stay, the hotel seemed quiet and empty. The person checking us in said that our room was not ready yet. Then he stated, (paraphrasing) “but you don’t care about getting the upgrade, right?” We said we didn’t mind. He gave us keys to our room and informed us that we were eligible to have breakfast in the Executive Lounge in the morning. I thought it would have been more professional to inform us how long the wait would be (considering the official check-in time is 4:00), and offered a real choice instead of assuming we would go with his default.

Our room was very comfortable. It was a lower odd number room on a higher floor, with great views of Camden Yards. The room was brightly lit (somewhat of a rarity in hotels, I find), and the beds were comfortable.

Wanting to check out where breakfast would be served, we went to find the Executive Lounge on the 18th floor. We were greeted with a sign that the lounge was unavailable for the next day or so, and guests can get vouchers for breakfast and an evening snack. Why was this not taken care of by the person who checked us in? However, his colleague Mike was very friendly as he filled out the vouchers for us.

We used the vouchers for an appetizer and non-alcoholic drink at the Diamond Tavern, which was essentially empty. Our waiter took our vouchers right away and told us which appetizers we could choose. Later he came back to ask us what drinks we wanted, and we ordered two teas. When we finished our snack, we asked him if there was anything to sign, etc. and he went off “to check.” He returned with a bill for the two teas, which was odd because earlier he specifically came to inform us we could pick two included drinks. I suspect he feared that we would not leave a tip because we had a voucher. We would have left a tip for the full amount of the original bill, but given this move we left a standard tip for the amount on the bill he presented us.

We had a completely different experience when we returned for dinner. There are relatively few choices on the menu, but the food was better than expected. Our waiter Joe (if I recall his name correctly) was professional and polite. The kitchen even offered to make an off-the-menu fruit cup for dessert.

The next day we had continental breakfast in the Diamond Tavern, again. There were some workers working with ladders in the restaurant. The waitress stopped by the table to present us with the bill (the staff must be trained to bring a pen when they bring the check—I found this oddly premature, since there is nothing to sign at this time) and I wanted to catch her attention. She acknowledged I was trying to do so but went to the next table to just drop off their check before coming back to me. I informed her the melon in the buffet had gone bad, and she proceeded to quiz me on what did it taste like. Would she have not checked on this if my description didn't sound convincing to her?

In summary, the hotel’s built environment offers a modern, luxurious feel in a great location. However, the inconsistent level of hospitality makes me feel that its AAA Four Diamond status might be an overestimation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing the Hilton Baltimore for your recent stay and we are truly sorry we were not able to accommodate your arrival until 4pm. We are also appreciate for your feedback in regards to the restaurant and Lounge and service and please also accept our most sincere apologies for these mishaps. I have sent you a separate communication through Trip Advisor and I hope you contact me back, as I would like to ensure your satisfaction.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Baltimore.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My family and I stayed here over the summer for a long weekend.The hotel is very clean and nice looking. Great if you are catching a game since their location is right next to the park. The staff was great and check in was a very simple and painless process. However, when we walked to our room the lady across the hall was sweeping away dishes with her feet stating that "they (the dishes) have been here for two days". Grossed out I kind of just looked at her with a cracked smile and keyed into my room. The room at first glance was very nice. The brown water from the sink was not. Neither were the staples in the carpets. I had read in another review that someone had had the same problem and I just brushed it off. Silly me as that is very hard to do when you step on them or they jam into your toe. I am not sure if my thermostat in the room was not working properly but it never cooled down fully. Always just a bit warm in there. The beds, though not very spacious were very comfortable. The water pressure in the shower was also great. Do keep in mind that this hotel is pet friendly. You could hear a dog barking through our vents which wasn't very pleasant. Don't get me wrong... I love dogs as I have one myself. Just not when they are barking at three in the morning. All in all I would say that this stay was just OK. Nothing really to write home about. I guess I just expected way more with way less actually received.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We appreciate your comments and we are sorry for the issues you encountered in your room. We are glad to hear though that our team was great and the check in process was painless. We appreciate your comments about your room, bedding and our dog friendly accomodations and will share them with our team.

Our Hotel enjoys great views of Baltimore, and we are within walking distance of many family attractions as well, such as: the First Mariner Arena, the Inner Harbor, the Ravens home base, and Orioles stadium. Although the Hilton Baltimore is also conveniently attached to the Baltimore Convention Center, we do enjoy having many families stay with us as well.
We thank you once again for your positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Upon check in at 12:15 am we were greeted with the most up beat pleasant concierge staff I have ever met. After checking in and unpacking we went down to the lobby bar for a drink, and after last call my boyfriend and I asked if we could see the ballroom (there was a wedding party in the Lobby when we checked in, so we were curious of the venue). They happily made that happen! A security guard showed us each ballroom while telling us stories of past weddings and chatting with me of his own wedding planning. On the way back we took a pizza menu where the staff joked around and laughed with us for a brief conversation on the pizza places. Mother nature surprised me upon wakeup, and the hotel staff promptly delivered the products needed after I called.
The gym overlpoks the diamond in the ballpark, The continental breakfast was deliscoous and clean , and I cant wait to come here again!

• Stayed December 2011
Winsett R, Front Office Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Baltimore experience on TripAdvisor.

We are happy that you had a wonderful experienced during your recent stay with us. Our Hotel is very convenient to Oriole Park at Camden Yards, 1st Mariner Arena, the Light Rail - serving Thurgood Marshall/BWI Airport, M&T Bank (Home of the Baltimore Ravens), University of Maryland Medical Center as well as many other attractions, businesses and nightlife in Baltimore. We are also the only hotel connected by an enclosed, temperature controlled sky bridge to the Baltimore Convention Center.

Hope to see you again in the near future
Lagos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The first approach into the hotel is very impressive. The front desk personnel are equally receptive. I was not disappointed when I got into my room. They have all one can desire in a modern hotel. I would want to stay there again

Room Tip: I prefer the upper floor; which gives a better view.