“The Hilton Baltimore is a very good choice for Convention Attendees” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Baltimore

Special Rate
Summer Rates From $159
Ranked #31 of 69 hotels in Baltimore
Atlanta
“The Hilton Baltimore is a very good choice for Convention Attendees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I spend about 100 nights a year in Hilton properties and recently attended a convention in Baltimore and stayed at the shiny new Hilton (not sure how new) for 3 nights. Hotel was spotless, with modern design and conveniences. Very nice room with a comfortable work area and bed. I didn't pay for internet b/c of my Hilton status, but why a full service hotels still nickle and dime their customers for in room internet is beyond me. The fact that they give it away form free at their more moderately priced properties just makes them look worse.

The Hotel is literally behind the outfield at the Baltimore Orioles ball park so I suppose that could be a good or bad thing depending on if you like baseball and flood lights. Very cool view from the rooms on that side of the building.

Hotel is right next to the convention center which was awesome b/c I could be back at my room in just a few minutes walk at the end of a long day. Inner harbor is about a 15 minute walk. Take a cab back if you are going to be out late at night. Area gets a bit sketchy after dark.

Tip: Take the more scenic (and safe) stroll to Historic Federal hill (about 18 minute walk). That area is packed with restaraunts and bars and few tourists.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you for being a loyal Hilton HHonors member. We are excited that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be sharing your kind comments with are housekeeping department.

We are connected to the convention center by an indoor skywalk for easy access to your convention. We truly are the ideal convention hotel with a great location to all the great areas of Baltimore. We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Baltimore!

1,131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I checked in March 17th around 9:45 PM...only a single receptionist at the check in was available and there were at least 8 people waiting (not a good sign, where were the others?). Upon being assigned romo 1425, we enetered and found the room unkempt with a musty smell. The iron that we attempted ti use was working sporadically at best. The worst part about this stay was the fact that there nails or sharp metallic objects protruding on the rug just before entering the bathroom. I've added pcitures so as to pinpoint there location (hopefully they will be allowed). We stpped on them by accident (they punctured the skin) and we can only hope the tetnus booster we'll recieve on Monday will resolve the issue. When we checked out, we found out that the parking at the Hilton is a different organization (in other words there is NO free parking for guests) and we had to shell out $28.00 for the overnight stay. I am totally dissatisfied with the Hilton and will NOT be staying there ever again. To any Hilton customer service representative who reads this, feel free to refund my money for such a bad stay!

Room Tip: With the advancement of technology, i encourage all travelers to post their critiques and take pictu...
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our most sincere apology for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves in providing a superior experience but do appreciate hearing when we fall short of this.

Our Guest safety is the upmost concern and it is our top priority. While you did experienced unforeseen and rare circumstances with the carpet in your room, our Property Operations and Housekeeping team does have several processes in place to daily inspect and work on an average of 10 rooms. This includes: carpet repairs, deep cleaning, bathroom detailing, painting and correcting wear and tear issues that might occur from previous guests occupying our rooms. These processes have contributed to maintain our AAA four diamond ratings and also continued to bring several positive comments in regards to our room cleanliness and our well maintained facilities from guests not only on Trip Advisor but on other social media tools as well. We apologize once more for the inconveniences you encountered with us.

Thank you again for your feedback and we have sent to you a separate communication with the hope that you give us the opportunity to visit us again so you may experience the service that we consistently provide our guests as indicated on the many previous Trip Advisor reviews.

Regards,

Hilton Baltimore.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Stayed here last week with 13 colleagues/employees for a conference. No complaints about this hotel. I feel compelled to mention that the design details in the common areas of this hotel are outstanding. The bar in the lobby has great bartenders. The restaurant served good food both times I ate there. The hotel's only strange quality is the fact that it is actually two buildings; rooms in one and ballrooms and restaurant in another, connected either by a walking bridge (indoor) or the outside walking areas. This is a little inconvenient, but actually no problem in the long run. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you for the glowing review of Hilton Baltimore. We appreciate the great comments about are friendly bartenders in the lobby bar. The common areas are beautifully designed with functionality being of major importance. The large customized stone mural behind the front desk is always a favorite design piece for many guests. We hope you have the opportunity to return to Hilton Baltimore in the near future!
New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Love the location, if you're going to a convention it is attatched to the convention center, it's beautiful decorated, has a great restaurant, the rooms are nice and will stay there again!

Room Tip: love looking out at the clock tower
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you for being a loyal guest to Hilton Baltimore. We appreciate the great feedback in regards to your past stays and we look forward to your next visit!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012 via mobile

Great location next to the ballpark and walking distance to the Inner Harbour and Power Plant. Rooms and beds were great! I'll definitely come back.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We are pleased that overall your experience was a pleasant one and for giving us a great ranking. We look forward to welcome you back soon.
Thorndale, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

My wife and I actually found hotel to be really nice and the rooms were also nice. I will say that the room was large and quiet. That being said, I honestly expected better from a 4-star hotel. While the sleeping quarters were clean, the bathroom was not as clean as it should have been. There were hairpins that were left on the counter from a previous occupant. This made me wonder if they even cleaned the counter. The valet attendant was less than attentive. I had to stand there for a while before I was acknowledged. Also, if you don’t want to pay the ridiculous prices for room service, your morning coffee is across the street in connecting building (you do not have to walk outside to get there, however). And, they do not have free Wifi. I was planning on working in my room and was floored when I found out that there is no free Wifi. I mean, you get free Wifi at Starbucks but at this hotel, they expect you to pay for it. I would recommend that you do not stay at this place. I am sure that there are other 4-star hotel that are more committed to addressing the needs of their customers

YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Thank you for your feedback.

Please accept our most sincere apology for the inconveniences you experienced.

We appreciate your feedback and although we have a charge for internet access, this is on par with other hotels in the area. We not only provide complimentary internet in the lobby area, but also in our bar and restaurant as well as in our Executive Lounge.

Thank you again and we appreciate your comments regarding our nice guest rooms. We do hope you give us the opportunity to visit us once again so you may experience the AAA four diamond service that we consistently provide our guests as indicated on the many previous TripAdvisor reviews.

Regards,

Hilton Baltimore
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I give this place a 5 star. I'm a Marriott person & this was my first visit ever to a Hilton. Got a wonderful rate from Hotwire for $112 for a King Room with a beautiful view of the Baltimore which normal rate starts around $229 a night. From the time I walked through the door from the time I left, this was a wonderful stay. The decor is beautiful which I am a stickler for interior decorating. I arrived around 5:30pm on Saturday 3/3/12. The only down side was my greet into the hotel. Very quick which was good but it was a "hello, where's your credit card, here's your room keys and thats it" kind of quick. Not even a have a great stay but I was able to bypass that because my check out was wonderful. The morning staff was more chipper. The room beautiful, the bed I wanted to take home with me:) and the view was outstanding. My main purpose was to visit Phillips while I was here. Our reservations were at 9pm and I did not realize how close it was. We caught a quick cab that cost us $4.50 (because of the lights) but realized it was only a good 3-4 blocks away which we decided to walk back to the hotel because it was a beautiful evening. In route to Phillips we did not know there were so many attractions just a few footsteps away. Cheesecake Factory, Hard Rock Cafe, Uno's Pizza and of course the Harbor. The Hilton is in the perfect location. We didn't get a chance to visit anything within the hotel but it is close enough reach to the Inner Harbor. Location is perfect and we had no problems walking back at night. Safe area. I must say, Hilton, you definately have my vote for an outstanding stay. Thank you so much and if in the area again, I most definately will reserve my stay here. Oh yea..the marriott is right across the street:( but you have my vote.

Room Tip: Choose a high room. The view is beautiful Choose a room close the elevators. The hallways are long...
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Baltimore experience on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate the amount of detail you provided in many areas and we are excited that you enjoed your stay with us.

Our location is second to none, as the Hilton Baltimore is the closest full service hotel located next to Oriole Park at Camden Yards and M&T Stadium (Home of the Ravens). The Hilton Baltimore has direct and the only enclosed hotel connection to the Baltimore Convention Center, a short distance to 1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore’s Inner Harbor and many other attractions. In addition, we have both Charm City Circulator stop at the entrance of the hotel as well as the MARC Light Rail stop that brings and takes you to Thurgood Marshall/BWI Airport.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Baltimore.

Been to Hilton Baltimore? Share your experiences!