“Good value for a Hotwire deal” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Park & Stay from $119/nt
Ranked #27 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Philadelphia - Burbs
“Good value for a Hotwire deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed at the Baltimore Hilton as a last minute NYE getaway. Hotwire rates the hotel as 4 stars and I would agree with that on all accounts except for the room itself. It was a VERY standard room. As a Hilton and 4 stars, i expected a bit more out of the room. No bathrobes, no refrigerator, no water, and just standard fixtures in the bathroom. This was the first time I was disappointed in a 4 star deal from Hotwire.
That being said, the Customer Service was excellent. Check in was quick and there was plenty of staff to answer questions and point us in the right direction. We did not eat there, but did grab a quick drink at the lobby bar and everything there was 4 star.
A bit farther from the Inner Harbor than I hoped, but we didn't mind the walk.
Parking is pricey. Twenty eight dollars for 3 hours up to 24 hours, but probably in line with the other hotels.
If your going for a convention, by all means stay here. If you there to sight see and want 4 star accomodations, shop around.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Thank you for sharing your Hilton Baltimore experience on TripAdvisor.

We have shared your comments with our team and we apologize for your experienced with our room amenities; which did not agree with many others reviews who have recognized our clean and up to date rooms and our fantastic location very convenient to Orioles Park at Camden Yards, and M&T Bank (Home of the Baltimore Ravens.)

We thank you for your feedback and are pleased that you found our team to be hospitable and our check in process efficient.

We look forward to welcome you back again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there during the new year 12/31/11. This hotel is right in the middle of everything! It is walking distance to just about anywhere you want to go. The harbor mall is a 4-5min. Walk. You could leave the car in the parking garage ($28). There are also nice views of the stadium. Baltimore is probably a good place to visit in the summer. Much more things to do then. And if so I would recommend staying at the Hilton. PS. Have the breakfast buffet ($18), it's good!

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate that you have recognized our clean hotel and convenient location and we thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Baltimore on TripAdvisor. Moreover, we are excited that you selected our hotel to celebrate the New Years.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Baltimore.
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

I stayed three nights at The Hilton Baltimore and enjoyed my stay. The price was great, the view was nice and the staff was very helpful. The second day I called down to get my room cleaned while I was going to be out and when I returned four hours later the room had not been cleaned. This is always disappointing but the housekeeping manager (Steve) immediately came to my room with a cleaning staff member and let me wait in the executive lounge while they cleaned the room. I thought this was an especially nice way to make up for the mistake. I liked the lounge area in the lobby and the hotel restaurant was great! The Bellmen/Valet guys were especially helpful. I did have to pay $25 for a small refrigerator which should be standard in a hotel of this rating but luckily it was not $25 per night, one price for the whole stay. I think they should re-evaluate this cost it felt like nickle and diming. Also I could never get internet service even in the lobby which should be provided in their public spaces. Other than that everything was wonderful!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Thank you so very much for your review on Trip Advisor. We are glad that overall your stay was satisfactory. We appreciate your feedback in regards to our Housekeeping manager. We thank you for recognizing our Bell and Valet team and are very excited that you had the opportunity to interact with our friendly team members.

Thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Baltimore.
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

First of all , know in advance that the walls are very thin allowing you (Unfortunately) to hear everything through the walls...both next to you and above you ! The rooms were clean and bedding comfortable. Previous reviews mentioned lack of water pressure in shower and that is accurate. The bellmen were very friendly and the most helpful of all the employees we came in contact with. We were there for New Years Eve and unfortunately some riotous kids were in room across hall having a party. We partied for the new year as well and remained understanding and patient until it continued far too long, in the hall, bad language etc... I had to call the front desk 3 times before security came up. The girl at the front desk told me I had to realize it is New Years Eve and alot of people are partying. How completely ridiculous of her and unprofessional. I too partied, but that does not allow you to impede the sleep of an entire hall. I told her I didn't mind their party if it was IN their room but they were also in hall and in and out constantly and using very profane language. THAT I do not need to understand and she needs to better understand her job. I did speak to front desk manager next morning. He listened intently and apologized but did not make any adjustments to our account,etc. He did I suppose ask me what I'd like for him to do. I told him he needs to work with his desk staff but honestly expected him to do something for me. Regardless, I won't allow one employee to take away from all those that were helpful and polite but at at four star, they all should be on top of their game ! Four blocks from Harbor which was not a bad walk.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room facing Camden Yards if a game is being played. I'd also try to get...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing the Hilton Baltimore for your recent stay and we are truly sorry for the inconveniences you encountered. We appreciate your feedback and please accept our most sincere apologies once again. I have sent you a separate communication through Trip Advisor and I hope you contact me back, as I would like to ensure your satisfaction.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Baltimore.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Just got back. Hotel was decent and very clean. Rooms very slightly worn but clean. Check in was easy, fast. Excellent location if you are attending conference or ball game (sports museum). Great for local transport (light rail from Penn Station)and the free charm circular bus stops right outside. However, if you are a tourist you would prob be better off right on the harbor as this is a good 10mins walk away.
Room service was awful, waited for over 35mins and arrived lukewarm with a less than cheerful waiter. No fridge in the room. And since it's a business area there's few coffee shops/diners in the area. The hotel could really do with a Starbucks or small coffee shop in the lobby. On the plus side there's a good gym and a decent indoor pool if you want a swift swim. Decent.

Room Tip: If you are a baseball fan ask for a view of the stadium
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, December 31, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback through Trip Advisor. We are glad to know that your room accommodations were satisfactory and you found our hotel to be clean and our check in process easy and fast. we are also glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy our pool and fitness center. We would like to thank you for your feedback in regards to our In Room Dining and will share this with our team.

Thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Baltimore.
The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Got this thru Expedia for $112 inc. tax. and still did not measure up for the price.

Lady at reception very nice. Parking is $28 a day..no breaks for being a hotel guest in DT Baltimore.

Negatives are. no newspaper, no exhaust fan in bathroom, soiled bed skirt, soiled footstool, more towels and better towels at Hampton Inn night before in Blacksburg Va. They want you to pay for wifi.....incredible!

Housekeeping started knocking at 8.20, then 9.20 am. Surely they have some way of knowing when you checkout?

Positive...nice view if you like that sort of thing to breath in the culture of DT Baltimore. Dont breath too hard, the only thing I left here was my daughter for college.

DO go to Pazo Restaurant for great food tapas/mediterranian , but very overpriced for what you get. To me Baltimore is not known for any great food. I lived in Maryland for 24 yrs.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, January 13, 2012
Thank you for providing feedback related to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments and are extremely sorry that you did not experience the level of service that the Hilton Baltimore is known for. We are excited you recognized our Front Desk team and enjoyed our hotel room views; which by the way are second to none. Our Hotel enjoys great views of Baltimore, and Camden Yards Stadium. We are also within walking distance of many family attractions as well, such as: the First Mariner Arena, the Inner Harbor, the Ravens home base, and Orioles stadium. Although the Hilton Baltimore is also conveniently attached to the Baltimore Convention Center, we do enjoy having many families stay with us as well.

Thank you for your feedback and I look forward for the opportunity to hear back for you in the near future.
Lovettsville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

This was a reward stay and get-away weekend for my wife and I. We had a great room facing the Inner Harbor with a really nice view on the 12th floor. The hotel was quiet and we got an excellent night's sleep. I wish the room would have had a small refrigerator in it so that we could have kept our wine and cheese in it. The restaurant was closed for refurbishment, but they gave us free appetizers and sodas at night at the Lobby Lounge and free breakfast the next morning also at the Lobby Lounge. By the way, the lobby was first class and nice and open. The food was good with a taste of Baltimore (lots of items with crab and Old Bay.) We walked to the Hippodrome Theater to see a show. The staff was nice, but not really personable. We had a real problem with the parking situation. It was $28 a night, but you don't pay the Hilton, it is a separate company running the garage and valet (even though the receipt says Hilton Baltimore.) We were told to pay "by the valet", but as it turns out, you have to pay at the valet window and get a special card to get in/out privileges. We paid at a self-pay kiosk and when we left, the gate took our parking card. So when we returned, we ended up with a new card and they tried to make us pay again. I had to wait until the morning to get it resolved, and they finally let us go (since I clearly had a receipt showing I had paid my $28 just last night. But, the Hilton was not helpful in resolving the issue and was not clear about exactly where to go to pay for the night and get the special card with in/out privileges. This hassle turned the stay from an excellent to just average. I would stay again as I now know how to handle the parking, but it is still pretty expensive to park there. There also was no note of my Hilton Diamond status at any time during my stay.

Room Tip: Harbor view is really nice, would expect the Oriole Park at Camden Yards view would be great also.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your Hilton Baltimore experience on TripAdvisor.

We have shared your comments with our team and we apologize that you experience some opportunities with the parking facilities. We are excited that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

We enjoyed a fantastic location very convenient to Orioles Park at Camden Yards, and M&T Bank (Home of the Baltimore Ravens) and our rooms also enjoy a wonderful view of Camden yards and some others a fantastic skyline view of the Charm City.

We look forward to welcome you back again and thank you for your feedback.

Been to Hilton Baltimore? Share your experiences!