“Surprise! Great informal place to eat great food.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
San Antonio, Texas
“Surprise! Great informal place to eat great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had planned to eat at one of the well known establishments while in Baltimore. While at Ft. McHenry I asked a number of local people where they go for good crab & received several recommendations for L. P. Steamers. Though it is not a fancy restaurant, the food is great. I had bisque & crab cakes. My sister & bro in law had steamed crabs (something new for them - the server gave them a demo on how to crack them & get to the meat & what parts not to eat). We all enjoyed our meals & had a very pleasant evening there.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Love the Jumbo Crabs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I came here for the crabs since it was the first restaurant on Yelp with a four star rating. The jumbo crabs here were very meaty. I ordered a half a dozen of them and they were really succulent and meaty. Since the half a dozen of jumbos were not enough I wanted to order another half a dozen but they ran out of the jumbos so I had the larges. They were also really good. While waiting for the second half dozen I hear the waitresses saying there were no more larges left. I guess they run out of them pretty fast. I also had the steam clams, they were not worth it. They were really small like the ones that are used as garnish for an order of linguine with white clam sauce. I also had an order of fried calamari, they were okay like any other order of calamari. Now if the crabs were meaty and good why the three star rating, well with both batches of crabs I had one that were watery meaning that the crab was dead when it was cooked. So I had two crabs out of the 12 that were not good to eat. Now the jumbo crab were like $7.50 a piece and the large was like five something I believe. I was out like $13 something. I felt ripped. Spoke to one of the waitresses and she said okay and that was it?!?! I was not the only one that said something similar while we were there. There was a party of like 6-8 people on a table that was a couple of tables from us that said the same thing about having watery crabs. They had several from what I could hear from the guy that was telling the waitress about it. So you decide if you guys want to come to this place.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Williamstown, New Jersey, United States
“Disappointed!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Arrived at around 5:00 to order crabs, only to find out that they only had small crabs and were awaiting a delivery from Texas/Louisiana. So much for the Eastern Shore caught crabs. A half hour later, the medium and large crabs arrived but were only female. We reluctantly ordered. The crabs were cooked well. Not the best. The red crab soup was not good even though it was a "house special." Overall a disappointment.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
“Do yourself a favor & eat here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My son & I ate here as we were passing through the area. We Googled seafood restaurants in the area & LP's popped up, with great reviews. So, we headed there.When I saw the place, we almost left. It looked like a corner bar & the area didn't look great. We were starving though & decided to try it anyway. When we walked in, people were being served on paper w/ plastic utensils, so I was again doubtful. This became a valuable lesson in not judging a book by its cover! I ordered the soft stuffed crab & my son had a sampler platter. Both were served w/ potato chips. We tentatively took the first bite.... and we were HOOKED! Everything was absolutely delicious! So fresh! We devoured our lunch!! Nest time we are in the area, LP Steamers will be our first stop!

Bangkok, Thailand
“Heavenly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Small neighborhood joint frequent by locals. Nothing fancy. Don't over think. Just order steamed crabs.
I have had steamed crabs right of the boat before and LP's are just as tasty.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere