“Airport Location Review, BWI in the D Concourse” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Green Turtle

The Green Turtle
722 S. Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21231 (Fells Point)
410-342-4222
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #698 of 1,803 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Amherst, New Hampshire, United States
“Airport Location Review, BWI in the D Concourse”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

This appears to be a chain situation, I was at BWI for a meeting in the D Concourse, the Green Turtle was located therein. My group of six descended upon the restaurant, the staff seemed confused about how to handle our group, one of the staff stepped up and suggested that she could place three tables together, allowing us to sit at one table. Obviously the staff is not used to a larger group of people seeking a table to share. Our Server was very friendly, I asked for coffee as a beverage and was told that the coffee was way too old to drink. That was nice, but I really did want coffee, I do not understand why the Server would not just make fresh coffee for me so that I could have coffee. Perhaps the Management does not allow the staff to discard "tired"/old coffee, rather it requires the staff to serve all of the coffee brewed?

Being in Maryland I had to order the Chesapeake Burger, topped with crab dip. The food arrived soon enough, but I was really disappointed in the appearance of the plates, the presentation sucked and was what one would expect from people who have no idea of how appearance influences perception. Stuff was just dumped on the plate. The taste was not bad, but not great, and certainly not at the level of the price.

Management needs to get their act together, get staff trained to understand how to facilitate a group of diners, see to it that fresh coffee is available, and figure out how to create attractive plate presentation.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Granilte Bay, CA
“Sports bar food at Fells Point”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

On game day this was not a bad place to watch a game but i would say that the food is not what you go to this restaurant for. The service was friendly but slow as if they had not expected anyone to show up for a Saturday football game. Have a beer, relax and watch the game but if you are looking for dining excellence, this is not the place

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“The worst dining experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Myself and my son were out for lunch and to watch the Ravens game. We went into the Green Turtle in Fells Point, this is the worst experience I have ever had at a Green Turtle. My food the hog hammers were cold I had to send them back, the Mac n cheese with crab meat was not thoroughly cooked. The service was pretty bad. I have been to other Green Turtles My. Airy, Hunt Valley and Owings Mills. Never have I had such an awful experience. I was asked to give a credit card as the waitress could not see us. That's not my fault you don't have enough help for both sides of the restaurant. I with regret gave a 20 percent tip but I just threw away that money waitress was awful. Don't waste you money or time go to Hunt Valley, Owings Mills or white marsh.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Maryland
“Always good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We're a fan of the Green Turtle and frequent the Green Turtle in our area. I had the Thai Pork Tacos. Delicious and a lot of food! The Green Turtle seems to be good wherever you go.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
boston
“Avoid this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Worst place I've ever been. Food seems like it was prepackaged frozen food from BJ's and poorly reheated. I asked for the manager who was rude and arrogant -- salad was wilted, brown and black. Hamburger was like a hockey puck. Cheese on the burger was cold. Buns were old. That was for three of us. How does this place stay in business? Waitress was nice.

• Visited August 2013