“Great pit-stop for I-95 Travelers” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
New Jersey
“Great pit-stop for I-95 Travelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Stopped here on the way down to SC from NJ. We had, Oysters, Crab Cakes, Crabs, Fish and Chips and Fried Calamari. Everything was very good. The Calamari, which I'm not usually a fan of is has a light batter, which makes all the difference.
The service was good and the atmosphere, (We sat outside) was nice.
I would recommend this place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bel Air, Maryland
“Wonderful atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

First time my husband and I have been here. Went for a surprise Birthday party and what a pleasant surprise we had seeing this place. Nice, fun outdoor seating, with a couple of bars. Inside nice too. We just had a buffet for the party so not sure how the typical menu was but the buffet was pretty good.
Bartenders very nice. Will definitely go again so we can sit outside and order from the menu.
The area around this place needs to be built up.....could be like a little Canton!

Essex, Maryland
“Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

My husband chose Nick's to celebrate his birthday at my son's recommendation. We had hoped to sit outside because the weather was perfect. But a lot of other people had the same idea and at 6:00 p.m. there was an hour wait. So we chose instead to be seated inside immediately. We had great service - our server constantly checked back for refills or to see if we needed anything. We ordered the crab and shrimp dip, which was hot, but just okay. I found very little crabmeat and no shrimp at all. My son loves the crab grilled cheese sandwich so I tried it since I have never seen it on any other menu. In my opinion it needed more crabmeat. But it's nice to try something new since we're from Baltimore and are used to eating seafood. I can't say I will get it again. My husband, however, got filet mignon and added a crab cake. He said the filet was delicious and I tried the crab cake, which was moist and full of lump crab. I would like to return and get the crab cakes. Afterwards we sat at the bar and had a few drinks. It's a busy place but a fun atmosphere. I recommend it.

Tampa, Florida
“Overpriced, Slow service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I ate here during a week day for lunch when there was a steady crowd but no wait to be seated. It took about 10 minutes after we were seated to recieve our drink orders and even longer for the waitress to come back to ask for our lunch order. I ended up having a cup of the bisque (which came out lukewarm) and a 1/2 lb of crablegs. When the "crablegs" came out it was a single LEG!!!!! On top of that they wanted to charge us $19 for one LEG. We asked the waitress if this was a mistake and sent to the wrong table and she told us it was not. We asked her to please take it back as we were not paying $19 for one leg. She never appologized or asked if there was anything that she could do to make our experience better.My boyfriend got the seafood platter broiled, which was pretty small for the $30 price tag. The crabcake was small and mostly filling, the shrimp were cold, and the fish was over buttered. We also noticed several tables around us were waiting about 20 mins to receive their checks after they asked for them. One table even got up and left. The view and atmosphere of this place has so much potential to be a great spot but the service and food bring it down. Hopefully they can get their act together and the staff will tighten up. They might also consider coming down on their prices or raising the quality of food as it was sub par.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Poughkeepsie, New York, USA
“Delicious and Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Visiting Baltimore for a day during our family vacation. I wanted family to try real Maryland crabs. Many moons ago, I went to University of Maryland so I'd had the Old Bay seasoned crabs. There is an art to eating them and we needed a lesson. Our waitress was OUTSTANDING. The restaurant was busy but she took a minute and showed us. We had 4 kids with us so they had other kinds of dinners and their's were great too.

• 5 of 5 stars Food