“Can't say enough!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Door on Baltimore

You added Blue Door on Baltimore to your Saves list
Blue Door on Baltimore
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   2023 East Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21231   |
Ranked #2 of 18 Baltimore B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Manassas
“Can't say enough!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed at the Blue Door for our annual sisters' reunion this past weekend and loved it. Roger and Cecilia were away, but the inn sitter, Michele, was so nice and helpful. The Inn is very clean and we loved the rooms (decor) we stayed in, which were connecting in the back of the house. The king beds are super comfortable too! The breakfasts were delicious--three courses. There is a homemade afternoon snack offered as well. Our sisters' weekend is at a B&B every year (20 years now!), all over the northeast, and I think we would all agree that this was one of the best so far. Loved it!

Room Tip: Probably quieter in the back, and there are balconies off the two back rooms!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Plattsburgh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

From the minute we walked in and Roger greeted us with cooling towelettes, I knew we were in for a very special treat. I'm almost hesitant to share all the positives from our experience for fear that the Blue Door will become so popular that it will be difficult to get a future reservation. I will put my fears aside and say that the our entire experience at the Blue Door was fabulous. Roger was the perfect host, providing excellent dining tips and ensuring we were well taken care of. Breakfast at the Blue Door was more than I bargained for. The food was sumptuous and the history lesson captivating. The accommodations were immaculate. The room itself was spotless, large, airy and downright beautiful, but what made it truly special were the nightly treats that came with the turn-down. I have never felt so pampered as I did at the Blue Door. I cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: The Washburn Room has an amazing tub!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I were so pleased with our stay at the Blue Door on Baltimore. The place is immaculate, well kept and beautifully decorated. The rooms were exquisite and we've never slept better in the king sized, cloud-like bed! We were spoiled with a delicious breakfast each morning and home baked treats each evening (which is included in the room price)!! The location was perfect for a walk to Fells Point for dinner, shopping and charm. Everything else is a water taxi away! We took a commuter train to DC, drove to historic Annapolis for a day trip and took in a baseball game. We visited several museums and everything was so convenient to get to from Blue Door! Roger was extremely helpful in suggesting things to see and places to eat! We couldn't have had a better experience!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went to Baltimore for a 2 night getaway. This was my first time there and didn't know what to expect. When we arrived at the Blue Door on Baltimore, we noticed the neighborhood to be an active, diverse part of the city. The B&B is located in butcher hill, minutes from Patterson Park.

The owner(Roger) welcomed us there and showed us around, he first took us to the Hampstead room and showed us our room. About 5 mins after he left us alone, he returned and said he gave us the wrong room. He proceeded to take us to our actual room, the Washburn room. We weren't disappointed because both rooms were immaculate. Very open, clean, bright and welcoming. The beds were huge, several pillow choices, TV, direct TV, Apple TV, and DVD player. Tons of storage space, comfy bathroom with a bathtub and a shower to choose from. There was also a small room that included fresh water, refrigerator, coffee machine, games, and travel information.

I could sit here and talk for hours about our trip, but I'll stick to the details.

As far as complaints, I don't really have many. 2 to be exact. Our room(Washburn) was the street view room. It was loud, and made it hard to fall asleep at night. But not bad enough to really care in the end. The other negative we had, was in the morning, early in the morning, the innkeepers that lived above us(3rd) floor, walked around a lot and made a good bit of noise. Loud enough to wake us up and start our day off earlier than intended. Again, not a big deal, since I expect the house to be louder than a hotel.

The breakfast every morning was fantastic, we enjoyed breads, scones, breakfast cookies and eggs made to order. Being a chef myself, it was fun to talk about the food with roger before and after he prepared it.

Roger and Cecilia(his wife) were very helpful when it came to info on where to go and what to do in the city. They suggested restaurants to us that definitely did not fall short of what they bragged them up to be. They were very knowledgeable on the history of the city and it's surroundings, making for an interesting breakfast each morning.

Blue Door on Baltimore is another
reason why we are sticking to B&B's from now on. This place was worth every penny and more. I suggested you go here when in Baltimore. And to the people who complain about quietness and privacy, it's a bed and breakfast with 3 rooms. Not a 1000 room hotel. Expect it to not be perfect! Thanks again for the great experience!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Advance, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have stayed at all types of Hotels, Motels and B&Bs and without a doubt Blue Door on Baltimore has everyone beaten. This is a first class facility who makes it's guests feel very special. During our stay, Bill was the innkeeper as Roger and Cecelia were on vacation and Bill very much went out of his way to make our stay the most enjoyable experience I have ever had. I can't wait for my return visit to Baltimore. Thank you, Roger and Cecelia, for a really first class facility.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
East Patchogue, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I'm ashamed to admit that it's been a year since visiting the Blue Door, and I haven't written them the review they deserve. My husband and I just finished talking about our visit there and how wonderful it was and it moved me to write this review. Our time spent there was absolutely wonderful. The room accommodations were beautiful, modern, and classy. The hosts were such wonderful people, very welcoming and informative. The breakfast was absolutely to die for, so if you have the chance to sit for a full breakfast, DO IT! Fells Point is one of our favorite towns now. We are so glad we decided on this bed and breakfast as opposed to some of the other pricier ones, we got exactly what we were looking for. I rated the swimming pool and fitness center by accident and couldn't remove it, but there is no pool or gym.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
bluedooronbaltimore, Owner at Blue Door on Baltimore, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to put us on your schedule to post a review. We agree Fells Point is a most special place to experience while visiting Baltimore and should not be missed. Only a 10 minute walk from the Blue Door, Fells Point gains you full access to Baltimore's Inner Harbor attractions and Neighborhoods using the water taxi system. Not to be missed on a weekend visit to the Charm City.

We did notice your correction on the availability of a gym and pool. While we do not have those facilities on-site, we do have arrangements with a gym close by for day pass access. If Yoga is what you are missing, that is available on premise. Cecelia is a certified instructor and personal trainer. Please do inquire with your reservation arrangements for a personal or group session while at the Blue Door.
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I am not given easily to superlatives when it comes to lodging, and I am used to pretty high end hotels when traveling, but this one is WOW! The Blue Door is hands down the best B&B I have ever stayed in and it also outclasses a significant number of top hotels I have been in. I have not often come across the attention to detail for guests that Roger and Cecelia show in their lovely inn, from the amazing bed and fine bed linen to the evening turn down home made cookies and chocolates. The place is impeccably clean and meticulously well kept. You know they're paying attention when their cat is hypoallergenic (I'm very allergic and was not bothered at all in the common area). Top it off with an excellent location, Roger's intimate knowledge of the neighborhood and bang on advice about where to eat, what to visit and do, and voilà: the perfect place to stay in Baltimore and worth every penny. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Door on Baltimore? Share your experiences!