“A Lovely Weekend Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Door on Baltimore

You added Blue Door on Baltimore to your Saves list
Blue Door on Baltimore
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   2023 East Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21231   |
Ranked #2 of 18 Baltimore B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“A Lovely Weekend Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We had a wonderful weeked at The Blue Door! A beautiful room, gracious and friendly hosts, fantastic breakfasts, nice people, Leopold the hypo-allergenic bengal kitty, and a 10 minute walk to Fells Point... what's not to like! The entire place is immaculate and every detail is covered. They even have two suitcase racks for the room, and it is the only B&B I've ever heard of that will give you a loaner iPad! "Chef Roger" creates fabulous breakfasts and makes you feel like you are the guest on Top Chef. I am on a gluten-free diet and that didn't phase him at all. For my evening "turn down" I had gluten-free cookies and brownies, and at breakfast he had an assortment of breads and scones I could eat. It was great.

I would love to not tell anyone about this place and keep it to myself... but that would be a shame. This is a top-notch B&B run by people who truly love what they are doing. Go there!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Haddon Heights, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stay at bed and breakfasts regularly for work, and this is one of my all-time favorites. Beyond the hospitality, the beds are crazily comfortable, the turndown service is a lovely touch, and breakfast is delectable! I feel like I can really and truly relax when I'm here, which is nice when I'm traveling on business!

Kearny, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at Blue Door several times during the past year, and we are always delighted by the spotless rooms with their wonderful Baltimore views, the attention to little details including fresh fruit and cookies each night, along with fabulously prepared and varied breakfasts by Roger who is a gourmet chef and loves to tell stories about the neighborhood. It's just a short walk to Patterson Park which has the highest elevation in the city, with one of my favorite restaurants--the Morning Edition--nearby. My wife and I plan to continue to stay at the Blue Door during our future visits to Baltimore.

Room Tip: The Washburn room is the biggest and easiest to navigate, and the Patterson room has a balcony overl...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Beeston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was in town for a conference and stayed here rather than in the conference hotel. My room was lovely and spacious as was the bathroom. The bed was also very comfortable. Snacks on the pillow were great and I was grateful for the room robe, bathrobe and other additions to make the guest comfortable. The caretaker hosts were also pleasant and food for breakfast was generally good. A bit of a detraction for me was the fact that there was no coffee in the room. I was suffering from jetlag which meant being up and around at odd times in the early morning and because I was in the Hampstead room this meant creeping downstairs in the middle of the night (probably not such a problem for the rooms below).

Room Tip: Hampstead room was lovely with a balcony at the back, but it is at the top of the house and one floo...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I visited for a cold weekend in Baltimore while the proprietors were away. We stayed on the second floor. We enjoyed the well-lit room, the nice sheets, spacious bathroom, and nightly baked treats. The breakfast room was a little more frilly, but breakfast was delicious and perfectly apportioned. There was a cute house cat that we wish we could have seen more often. Neighborhood is quiet but walkable to restaurants etc in Fells Point (we didn't have a car). Too bad we couldn't meet the proprietors. Overall, a very nice locale for a weekend getaway, and I think it would be even nicer in better weather.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Beautiful rooms, gracious service by the hosts, delicious breakfasts. This is a quiet spot, with large beautifully furnished rooms, absolutely top-notch in every regard. The Patterson Room faces the back, and has a nice balcony to catch the morning sun.

East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My daughter and I were in Baltimore to visit my niece who lives on Baltimore street, so we stayed here for convenience, but were very pleasantly surprised by the size and style of the room we stayed in. We also loved the breakfast, snacks at night, library, and company. I will definitely stay here again when in Baltimore.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Blue Door on Baltimore? Share your experiences!