“Old Schoolhouse Bed and Breakfast, Ft. Davis, TX” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Schoolhouse Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Davis
Old Schoolhouse Bed and Breakfast
You added Old Schoolhouse Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
401 North Front Street, Fort Davis, TX 79734   |
Special Offer
Vaction Rentals!
Ranked #1 of 8 Fort Davis B&B and Inns
Boerne, Texas, United States
“Old Schoolhouse Bed and Breakfast, Ft. Davis, TX”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband and I were fortunate enough to get a last minute room at this B&B, and we really enjoyed it. The grounds are immaculate, it is a great location, and the food was excellent.

David and Susan Facile

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Glen Rose, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

This was our first time to visit a Bed and Breakfast. I was a little skeptical about sharing a bathroom. We were late getting there but Carla met us at the door with a nice welcome. She walked us through with a well thought out description of keys, bathroom, drinks, ice, when coffee would be made and when breakfast would be served. We are a technology oriented couple. The number of plugs came as a complete surprise. I have never stayed anywhere that had enough plugs for both smart phones, two computers and a Nook Color! The queen size bed was very comfortable. There were two lamps on either side of the bed and an wonderful ceiling fan. Also, there was an alarm clock and a CD/Radio in the window. On the dresser was a notebook of local restaurants and attractions. There were three typed sheets on the dresser to answer all of our questions about the Bed and Breakfast including how to connect to their network. On the back of the door were two robes and plenty of hooks for your clothes. Breakfast was served at 8 AM on the dot both mornings. The food was above excellent! Steve and Carla were very friendly and helped everyone get aquainted. I was wondering how eating with two other strange couples would feel. It turned out to be a lot of fun. This was the most well thought out place to stay for guest comfort! My husband and I plan to stay here again. We felt very pampered!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Wonderful friendly owners make you feel very welcome. The room was great. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

This inn is a delight - especially in the heat of the June summer. The apricot tree that shaded our porch was full of ripe apricots during our stay, which made for great evenings of eating, reading and drinking wine. We were in Fort Davis for an astronomy "gig", and enjoyed the dark skies and the hospitality of Carla and Steve (our hosts @ the B&B). Highly recommended for a quiet, off the beaten path vacation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Angelo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I went to Fort Davis to pick up my daughter after two weeks of summer camp at the nearby Prude Ranch. Carla let me check in early so I could be at the ranch for the first rodeo at 2 p.m. (check in usually starts at 3 p.m.). After that, all I needed was a quiet place to sleep and a good breakfast so I could get back to the camp the next day for the closing ceremonies. That is exactly what I got -- very quiet, comfortable bed, friendly hostess, excellent breakfast! Just what I needed. I hope to stay again next year for the annual end of camp trip.

Room Tip: I was in the Reading room with the private bath -- very nice!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Owner at Old Schoolhouse Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
I was so pleased to see this review. I was afraid that, because of your short visit, you might not have had a chance to fully enjoy your time here. I hope you'll return when your schedule permits a more liesurely visit.
Carla
West Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed at the Old Schoolhouse Bed and Breakfast, and enjoyed the relaxing retreat. We had two delicious breakfasts, and they worked around our food allergies. We'd stayed a few years before, and were delighted to see our suggestions implemented! Wished we had two sets of keys.

Room Tip: The Readin Room has a private entrance as well as a private bath.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Deer Park, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

It was nice to get off the grid. We finished our West Texas adventure at the Schoolhouse B and B and it was a wonderful experience. The breakfasts were yummy. We were there for 3 days and had a different one each day and all were delicious. Would recommend this place, highly. We are already planning our next trip there and we just go home yesterday.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Old Schoolhouse Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!