“Nice place to stay, comfortable room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel Limpia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Davis
The Hotel Limpia
You added The Hotel Limpia to your Saves list
101 Memorial Square, Fort Davis, TX 79734   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Fort Davis B&B and Inns
Austin
“Nice place to stay, comfortable room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Located in the very small town of Ft. Davis, this has been in the hotel business for 100 years or more. We stayed in a two room place located in the building behind the main house. The sitting room had a nice chair and sofa and a small TV (not flat screen). Wireless worked well. (One thing to know, the electric plugs are NOT the 3 hole (grounded) so you should bring the 2 plug to 3 plug converter for your computer etc.). The shower and bath were small by today's standard, but adequate. Plan to arrive well before 9pm because the entire town is shut down by then, including this place. There is a number to call for emergencies, and I assume if you arrive late, but I would avoid the issue and just be there well before that time. Very comfortable bed and quite peaceful place. We didn't get a chance to eat the hotel as the restaurant was closed on Monday and Tuesday. The Drugstore across the street has good food, so no inconvenience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The Hotel Limpia is a really beautiful old inn. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The decor was very nice and there were lots of beautiful, light-filled areas to sit. They also have a lot of games and cards that you can use while you are staying. The fireplace is nice to sit next to and the receptionist was very nice. Tuxedo, the beautiful black and white kitty, is a lovebug and is a very nice addition to the inn. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My girlfriend and I have stayed at Hotel Limpia many times over the past few years and never been disappointed! It is a quaint spot in the middle of magical lands of beauty. This past weekend I proposed to my girlfriend and surprised her with a stay at our favorite hotel! It was perfect! The staff secretly conspired with me and made our room amazing! They brought in flowers, decorated, and were super easy to work with. This is our favorite hotel ever!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I have loved our past stays at this hotel so much that we got married here! The courtyard and new ballroom were the perfect location for our simple but elegant wedding this past July and the staff helped the groom and I through every step of the usually very stressful details of decorations, food, etc. I can't imagine having had a wedding at a better locale.

This hotel has been under new management for a couple years now, and every time I visit this hotel I find it better and better. The front desk staff is excellent, and the new Blue Mountain Bistro is a perfect spot for anything you're craving and it's only a few steps from our hotel room. Our room is always clean and well-appointed and we love that we can bring our beloved dog. He goes everywhere with us and most pet-friendly hotel rooms we're left to stay in tend to be sub-par when it comes to cleanliness, but this establishment is a rare exception. I'd recommend anyone come and take a mini break or a big one at Hotel Limpia... trust me, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

During my recent stay at The Hotel Limpia I was more impressed than I thought possible. I rolled into Fort Davis via the North end of town during dusk and was greeted by lush, bright foliage and a captivating stretch of small downtown. The Hotel Limpia wasn't hard to find and the front desk staff greeted me by name with a warm smile: she had been waiting just for me. This was just the beginning of a magnificent weekend. I was surrounded by friendly faces and kind hearted staff doing everything to ensure my comfort. Everytime I ventured into the Bistro behind the hotel, I walked away with something delish for later or licking my lips from the melt in your mouth food (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and desserts galore!). There were plenty of local adventures to explore such as the Valentine 'Prada Store,' the eerie Marfa lights, and the one of a kind downtown of Alpine. The ammenities at The Hotel Limpia were of the highest quality: lovely, quiet, secluded rooms in the adjacent building and the pool were my haunts. Sitting on my room's front porch and rocking during the rain is something I especially relished. The rooms in the main building were so historic and rumoured to be haunted... such good stories! All in all I loved my stay and will definately plan a return trip to see what other magical memories The Hotel Limpia has up it's sleeve.

• Stayed July 2012
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We were in limp west. Had stayed in main hotel before and it was charming. This section with bird poop caked in large piles on stairways. Trash cans on outside areas not emptied the whole time we were here ( two nights). Won't stay here again but looked around at other options and will be back to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is a charming OLD hotel with a very friendly, helpful staff. We understood it is under new ownership and a significant amount has been invested in the restaurant and a new bar area; all to the good. However, though some aspects of the decor are charming, others require modernizing. For example, the bathroom fittings and fixtures in our room reminded us something out of tract housing in the'50s. Some of the furniture has moved from classic to just old. Perhaps the new owners are addressing the rooms next.
The Limpia is well located for visiting old Ft. Davis and the MacDonald Observatory.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
VerandaFortDavis, Owner at The Hotel Limpia, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel Limpia. We are sorry that you found the bathroom and furnishings in your room less than ideal. We are, as you noted, renovating the hotel as quickly as possible. We do have a few rooms that still need bathroom re-dos in the "West" building accross the street from the main hotel. These rooms are significantly less expensive than fully renovated rooms. The vast majority of our rooms have lovely, period style bathrooms that have been renovated. I hope that you will visit us again in the future and have a better experience. We do appreciate your positive comments about the work that has been done as well as our oustanding staff!

Been to The Hotel Limpia? Share your experiences!