“Nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   2201 N State St, Fort Davis, TX 79734   |
San Antonio, Texas
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

It was a decent, clean room that is at the foot of the Davis Mountains. We didn't spend much time at the hotel but the room was clean, the beds were fine and we were never uncomfortable. People are right though... The breakfast isn't good. For the price of the hotel, you can stay at a much nicer place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed here recently on a motorcycle trip. This motel is a refurbished 1960's style motel. It's clean and well kept. The staff are a bit standoff-ish, but not rude.

The good:
1) You can park your motorcycle outside the door to room.

2) The rooms and linens are clean, the beds seem fairly new, the room has a good TV with lots of channels.

3) Good wifi service in the rooms.

3) The price is right.

Needs improvement:

1) When they rehabbed the rooms they did not add any electrical outlets. Only one 110v outlet is available to guests with a lot crawling under furniture. That one outlet is near the sink, shared between the mini-fridge, microwave, and hair dryer. Bring a power strip!!!

2) They have a breakfast of sorts. But it's pretty sparse, and the dinning room is tiny.

Overall, I was pretty happy with my stay here, and would stay again in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Crockett, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Room was reserved for two queen beds with confirmation number given. When arrived and paid with credit card up front we received double beds for the four of us. Suggest you check room before paying, The breakfast is horrible. The maid only gave us three towels etc.,had to ask the desk for more and tp daily. She vacuumed only twice in the week we were there,only changed sheets when asked. Our room overlooked the parking lot where they had a trailer loaded with wrecked cars and old pick ups. $110.00 a night, what a rip off. Our friends joined us four doors down. When they arrived only room a double bed available with a roll away for them and there grandson $95.00 a night. I would worry about staying there even with a confirmation number the owners not very friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is is an average place to stay. I stayed here with my family to go to the MacDonald's observatory. It is about 16 miles from the observatory. The window did not have any drapes and so you will be disturbed by the cars that may come in and park in the night. Even thought I had booked the hotel for 4 people, there were only 2 bath towels. Breakfast was bad. No egg!
there is no one to help you during breakfast. You have to make your own coffee if you find the coffee pot empty. There are two tables and 8 chairs in the breakfast area. IF you want to grab a breakfast go back to your room and leave after your trip, this is an ok place. Room was clean. I also saw a Limpia hotel nearby. Not sure how it was.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I called the day before we arrived to make a reservation, but I neglected to clarify the room rate. According to the Inn's web site, the standard rate for the room with one queen bed was $79, discounted to $75.05 for AAA, AARP, Senior, etc. When we arrived, the man who checked us in said our rate was $79. I asked if there was a senior discount, and he said that was already included in the $79 rate. I was a bit annoyed but didn't argue. I wondered what else might not be on the up-and-up. [Upon further checking at their web site, I see the room rate varies throughout the month, $79 to $89. Maybe that was the source of my confusion, or his.] The quality of the room we stayed in was just fine. The complimentary continental breakfast was what you might expect from a small motel: make-your-own waffles, a couple kinds of dry cereals, bananas, yogurt, milk, juice and a pot of coffee.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We are currently here so my husband can cycle. The room is clean but a bit pricey. It has plenty of places to set items, which is very important when you are cycling and hiking.

The strange. I HATE when there is a large motel and they put all the people side by side. I know this makes it more efficient when you go to clean but it also creates problems. We are staying on the back side of the Inn. There are two other cars and I can hear about two others on the other side. We are all connected by walls. So every slam of a door, flushing of a toilet, television is magnified. This could be helped if you would just move everyone one room apart. The Inn is empty. Let's spread out a little.

This is the reason I gave a poor rating. It was almost three in the morning and our phone rings. It is the front desk saying that they had gotten a complaint from the room next to us about the noise we were making. My husband and I were sound asleep. The front desk guy was probably as asleep as we were because he wasn't making any sense. I woke up enough to get annoyed and called the front desk back. He finally answered and told me it was the "other" room that was making noise. I would think there would be a better way to handle a noise problem then wake up people. Maybe step down here and check for noise. Ironically the guy that called in the noise complaint was the same one that moved his vehicle three times and kept slamming his front door. While we were trying to go to sleep.

I think this problem could be solved by asking them not to place you right next to a occupied room. So stay here but remember that.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here before, and will again. However, this time we had an odd experience with the customer service. No problems the first day, but after being gone the entire second day, the room had not been made up. No made bed, no new towels. My traveling companion went to the office and got this explanation: we hadn't answered the door when the housekeeper showed up. Guess what? WE WEREN'T THERE! We had gone about our business throughout the day, like every other hotel guest.

This just didn't add up. We got no apology and no offer to make the bed. My friend got some new towels and we went about our night.

This is a reasonably-priced place, and I'll stay here again. I will, however, be more assertive regarding the reasonable expectations of a guest.

Stayed October 2013

Been to Fort Davis Inn And Rv Park? Share your experiences!