“Thanksgiving Dinner - no thanks!” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Tapas, Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
San Antonio, Texas
“Thanksgiving Dinner - no thanks!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We had reservations for their special Thanksgiving dinner. How disappointing! The salad was fresh but the dressing almost non existent and very watery. We were served a basket of rolls without butter - and had to request butter. We didn't have bread plates and were served our bread and salads without bread plates to place the bread on and had to request bread plates too. We were rushed through the salad, and carrot salad - and our server came out with two plates of food while we were still eating our carrot salad. The dinners were both cold and had to be sent back to the kitchen to be warmed - they came right back luke warm. The green beans were raw, still served cold (luke warm the second time around) and had absolutely no seasoning. I added butter, salt and pepper from the table. The sweet potatoes were not edible (my husband thought they tasted canned). I could not describe the taste, my husband thought they tasted like tin can. Neither of us could eat them. The mashed potatoes were luke warm, sort of hard, and the flavor had a weird smokey taste. We were both served 1 skimpy slice of turkey, smothered in cranberry sauce (which was okay) over a bed of dry crumbly stuffing. I literally got 4 bites of turkey with my dinner, my husband got 6 bites in his portion. We were offered a choice of dessert, but were never offered coffee or tea (which was supposed to come with the meal). I was very disappointed with the meal - even more so because it cost us $21 per person!! The ambiance and decor at the restaurant was very nice.

• 2 of 5 stars Food

San Antonio, Texas
“Thanksgiving Dinner - no thanks!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Wimberley, TX
“Bad Bistro”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Carden: Having enjoyed breakfast and lunch earlier in the week in the bar area (delicious kisch and other baked breakfast fare; soup and foccaio) we expected similar quality in the dining room. Alas, the waiter began by addressing at least three separate tables, announcing what was NOT on the menu. Lots of favorable talk on his part about what was available, but, with the exception of a side Caesar salad and a desert, the food was really poor. A sandwich at the local food store was more satisfying.l

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Dietikon, Switzerland
“Bistro in West-Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Located on next to the Limpia Hotel. Coming from Europe it seems somehow strange to find a bistro in this location. As a tourist you do not really look for something you know from back home.
The service was excellent and so was the food.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“OMG is this place BAD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I dined here based on Trip Advisor reviews. Is this the same restaurant where t others had dined? I wish I had something nice to say. The atmosphere was pleasant but the service and food were both terrible. We waited an hour and.a half for our food which was so awful we could not eat it and ad to send it back. We noticed the table next to us had the same experience and all four of their meals were sent back to th kitchen as well. We all left the bistro acing only eaten a salad. This place has horrible chef, management and wait staff issues.
As a warning to other travelers, please do yourself a favor and find somewhere, anywhere, else to dine. This is the worst food and dining experience I have encountered in years. My husband, who cannot even boil water, can cook circles around these folks. Our meals were not just bad but literally inedible!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
davidmag99, General Manager at Blue Mountain Bistro, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
We at the Blue Mountain Bistro would like to offer our sincerest apologies for your negative experience at our restaurant. As can be seen by the vast majority of our reviews, your experience was not a typical one. We recently made some management changes which resulted in communication and service problems on the night of your visit. Once the matter was addressed, the team pulled together and service ran smoothly for the remainder of the evening. Unfortunately this incident occurred on one of our busiest nights of the week and impacted more than one party. However, please rest assured we reviewed your experience with our staff to make sure issues of this type will not happen again.

We hope that you will consider visiting us again in the future and see firsthand how the staff at the Blue Mountain Bistro takes pride in offering excellent hospitality and cuisine.

Matthew Kampf