“Nice owners, excellent breakfast, moderately comfortably” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rose River Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Astoria
Rose River Inn
You added Rose River Inn to your Saves list
1510 Franklin Avenue, Astoria, OR 97103   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Astoria B&B and Inns
Boston
“Nice owners, excellent breakfast, moderately comfortably”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

The problem I often find in small b&b's is the lack of common areas to be comfortable in when not in your room. In nice weather, this would not be a problem here for the grounds look to be quite nice. But when colder, there is only a small living room with poor lighting and is just not very inviting for sitting in the evening or morning. Rooms are small but nicely appointed and breakfast was quite good though there was only one choice of what time it was served which was earlier then we like. I find with larger b&b's there are more options. Very nice inn keepers who are quite friendly. Astoria only has five b&bs so you dont have a lot of options. Neighborhood was ok. Historic is a stretch.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
roseriverinn, Owner at Rose River Inn, responded to this review, November 6, 2010
I would like to address this review as it is written. My living room and common area for my guest to enjoy is 29' X 18' with 3 couches and 3 wing back chairs and one rocking chair. He stated that we had poor lighting in the living room, but when he was up at 7 a.m., I approched him and offered to turn more lights on, he stated he was just fine. He had 3 rooms to choose from that arranged in price and size, he choose the standard size room which was the least expensive. My website is very specific on what time I serve breakfast, which is 8:30 a.m. Again, he was on his computer in my living room at 7:00 a.m. He stated larger b&b's have more opitions, again, options for what? There are 7 not 5 all of which have at least 4 - 9 rooms available and some offer a variety of breakfast times. Again, he choose us after researching the website and chose the least expensive room available. He also choose to use the bathroom in another room that was vacant, without asking to do so.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Blackwood, Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

Our one and only experience of staying in a B&B in 2008 had not been enjoyable and I was wary when one of the party suggested we stay at Rose River Inn. How glad I am that we did. Pam and David are fine hosts and very knowledgeable. The B&B is lovely and we loved The Inspiration Suite where we could make use of the easy chairs and read. Unfortunately it was too chilly to make use of the porch, but I am sure it's lovely. We stayed for three nights and met some very interesting and nice people at breakfast each morning. Breakfasts are very tasty and unusual. The fruit was particularly delicious. Pam and David were also kind enough to forward a folder I had left at the B&B to our final destination. Lovely stay, just wish we could have seen Astoria in the sunshine. Plenty of parking on the road for those of you who may be concerned by the lack of parking.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Veneta, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

My husband and I stayed here one night during our honeymoon. We thoroughly enjoyed the town of Astoria and would love to go back! We also enjoyed staying at the Rose River Inn. The hosts were very nice and the place was beautiful. We really enjoyed how open the house felt and looking out at the river through all of the vintage windows. Our room was quaint and comfortable. We really enjoyed that we had our own TV and a collection of over 500 DVDs to choose from downstairs. The clawfoot bathtub was charming, but difficult to take a shower in. The breakfast in the morning was also good, but the portion was a little on the small side. We would definitely come back!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

This was a beautiful B&B with very gracious hosts. I only stayed one night - but enjoyed my short time there. I could relax on the deck, soak in the tub, watch a movie from the very extensive DVD library, walk to the local brewpub, and enjoy a view of the river and town. Had an absolutely wonderful breakfast cooked by the owner and felt very much at home. This is a wonderful place to stay when visiting Astoria.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Arroyo Grande
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

My husband and I were happy to begin our coastal trip at the Rose River Inn. We were greeted by Pam and David, who made us feel welcome and at ease. The gardens were cheery and immaculate, with a wonderful front porch and lots of comfortable, inviting chairs and rockers. The breakfast was superb. The fruit was especially flavorful and fresh and the coffee was terrific (a rarity in those parts :) The location was perfect: in a quiet neighborhood, but close enough to walk to town and all the great restaurants. The house is filled with true antiques, which I especially enjoyed, and our room was very comfortable. We enjoyed our stay and highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Hillsboro, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

My husband and I have been trying a new B&B every year since my dad started giving us bedandbreakfast.com gift certificates a few years ago. So far, the Rose River Inn is our favorite. The room we stayed in (the River Suite) was bright and airy with a wonderful view of the river from the sun porch. Pam and David are wonderful hots and made everyone feel very welcome, and the breakfasts we excellent. We were in Astoria for the Crab & Seafood Festival, and would love to stay at the Rose River Inn again the next time.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
SLO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

stayed here for a few nights when i was visiting my dad. very nice and clean rooms. owners were super friendly and helpful with everything we needed. did not eat the breakfast because we went out to eat with my dad in the mornings, so i cannot comment on that. my only complaint was that our room did not have a shower, only a bath, so it was not convenient to clean off (the description of the room probably said there was only a bath, but i didnt notice it when booking).

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Rose River Inn? Share your experiences!