The HIE&S is located right next to the Astoria bridge. The ships that pass by to go under the bridge seem so close that you feel you can yell out to the people on board.
The hotel is nice (exercise room, swimming pool and hot tub), Gas fireplaces in our room as well as in the lobby. They had a rack of bicycles that I'm guessing guests could borrow, but I didn't ask.
The marina is a short walk away.
What we liked: gas fireplace, large room, decent bathroom. comfortable beds, great view. The hotel tried really hard to make sure we were comfortable. e.g. they called to check if we had found everything to our liking.
What we didn't like: there seemed to be a draft coming from under the a/c unit. This was not a problem because it was not very cold, but I'm guessing could be on a cold winter's day. The bathroom had sink inside the bath, which made it more difficult for our family of 4 to get ready in the morning.
The breakfast spread was decent, except that the bacon was burned to a crisp. It had been cooked so long it had become paper thin. The scrambled eggs that were in the adjacent warming plate was burnt around the edges. That was the first time I've ever seen burnt scrambled eggs...
The cable service is from "Charter", and doesn't have a guide mode. It was difficult to find what we wanted to watch. The channels seemed to have recently turned to HD. There was a card in the room with the stations and channel numbers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Astoria Hotel Astoria
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Astoria Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Astoria
- Holiday Inn Astoria
- Astoria Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all non smoking Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Astoria is set on the banks of the Mighty Columbia River, offering spectacular, unobstructed views, and comfortable accommodations. Hotel features include, free Hi-Speed Wireless Internet, free local phone calls, and Complimentary Hot Express Start Breakfast, We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Astoria Oregon, the oldest American settlement west of the Rocky Mountains, and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Astoria. . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Express and Suites Astoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.