“Loving Anniversary” 5 of 5 stars

The Great Northwest
“Loving Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

The Hotel Elliott is AMAZING

My wife and I have been blessed to have traveled to a lot of destinations around the world. Being a native to the Northwest, I love finding close proximities to stay at to feel like we have been gone for a week when it's only for the weekend. Few places we stay offer that experience.

When we booked the Hotel Elliott, I was skeptical. It sounded too good to be real. When we arrived it was the essence of Hawaii with the huge bouquet of flowers on the front desk. The experience went from great to amazing in 2 days. Everything from the elegance of the rooms to the comfort of the cigar room made you never want to leave the hotel. When we had a glass of wine in the unbelievably decorated wine room, we opened another bottle and enjoyed the live musician.

We went up to the balcony where there are beautifully arranged furniture to make you never want to get up from there either. We could see the whole town and an amazing 180 degree view of the Columbia River. There were even gas fire places up there with a barbeque. Relaxing is all I can say.

Now, I have to finally mention the beds and my room. The atmosphere in the room was stellar. The colors and craftsmanship of the room made us feel like we were in a very expensive facility. No expense was spared to give you a feeling of royalty and comfort. The beds are more comfortable than my $1500 pillow top I have at home. I felt like I was away for a week.
Although it is downtown, I have never had more fun exploring a little city in my life. You don't have to drive anywhere.

John and Michele
Camas WA

• Liked — Comfort, quietness, luxury, romantic, all options and location.
  • Disliked — Elevator was slow. So, I took the stairs.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

This was my third stay at the Elliot. My opinion after my previous two visits remains the same. Its the best show in town! The accommodations are very comfortable. The heated bathroom floors are a nice touch and the oversized Jacuzzi tub fills quickly. Directly across the street is one of Astoria's best dinner houses with a great little bar. Other restaurants are within a short walk. Do I recommend? Absolutely!

• Liked — The room,views, bathrooms, wine bar, cigar room, and complimentary breakfast
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

I stayed here recently on a visit to Astoria. Love the hotel, love the staff, and can't say enough about the beds! I will not stay anywhere else in town.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Aberdeen, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

This was our second stay at the Elliott, and we were not disappointed! The rooms are nicely appointed, and we especially like the heated bathroom floors. The beds are as advertised - wonderful. In fact, if you look on the floor of the elevator, "Wonderful Beds" is inlaid there. Don't miss the rooftop area. There is a great view of all of Astoria. At sunset, the spires of the Astor Hotel to the east are lit, and the silhouette of the Megler bridge is stunning! We'd recommend rooms on the 12th Street side as being a little quieter and not as warm on a summer's day. Breakfast in the Crabernet Room downstairs is quite nice and a notch above your regular Continental breakfast with fresh waffles! If you are there on a Sunday in the summer, don't miss the Market. In fact it's right outside the front door. It's one of the biggest we've seen.

• Stayed June 2008
Cape Cod, Ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2008

We just returned from Hotel Elliott where we stayed 24 days. It almost became like home. The rooms were all a little different and very nice. The beds are wounderful. The hotel is located downtown and is close to lots of good food. We had a different place to go each night and all with in walking distance. I would highly recommend Hotel Elliott to anyone staying in Astoria. The staff was great also. Did I forget to say how great the beds were. I am going shopping for a new bed!!!

• Liked — The Wounderful Beds!!
  • Disliked — Closet Space!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Portland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2008

My colleague and I travel regularly to Astoria from Portland for work and twice we've been lucky enough to stay an extra night, booking ourselves into the Hotel Elliott. We love the restored architecture, the amazing beds, the view, the rooftop deck, the wine bar in the basement, and its close proximity to the Schooner (our favorite Astoria restaurant) and downtown. Everyone is friendly and we've yet to have a negative experience here or in Astoria in general.

Stayed April 2008
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2008

Stayed in a club suite, $200 for a Saturday night. Great beds, incredible soaking tub and spacious bathroom, nice linens and decor. The lobby and rooms seems newly remodeled by other parts of hotel felt a bit stale and dated (or authentically Astoria, perhaps?).

Wonderful continental breakfast in the basement lounge, including waffles, helpful/kind staff.

I by far prefer the style of the Cannery Pier, but the Elliot had a lot going for it - great view from roof top, in the heart of downtown with fun shops all around.

• Liked — Beautiful room, comfortable, great view.
  • Disliked — A tinge of dreariness, ie stairwells needing remodel.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Elliott? Share your experiences!