“Make sure you are careful if you pay extra for a "view"” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Astoria Crest Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Astoria
Astoria Crest Motel
You added Astoria Crest Motel to your Saves list
5366 Leif Erickson Dr, Astoria, OR   |
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
Vancouver, Washington
“Make sure you are careful if you pay extra for a "view"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This motel is old and the decor is outdated and the toilet won't stop running, but most of that is to be expected from a sleepy coastal town. However, the thing that really yanked my chain is that it was recommended to me that I pay extra for a room with a view. Apparently, the Crest Motel considers anything that is in the direction of the river to have a view (that's what I was told when I asked about it at checkout) even though all I could see from my room was weeds. I even showed them that I didn't have a view. They didn't even apologize, much less offer anything to make it better-- like refunding the extra money I paid to look at weeds. I would pass on this one next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a small motel located right along the rivers edge. Great views of the Columbia. The room was clean, spacious and very comfortable. We were upgraded to a view room at no cost. The woman at the front desk was friendly and very helpful with information on things to do and places to eat. Hot tub was clean. Fountain in the courtyard was pretty during the day and beustiful lit up at night. Breakfast was good (muffins, coffee, and juice). Will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
aberdeen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great view of the Astoria Megler bridge and the Columbia river. Motel is clean and has large rooms overlooking the river and bridge. The hot tub has powerful jets. Pets stay for free! We have two large dogs so we love pet friendly motels away from the traffic.

Room Tip: choose one of the view rooms, they are large and have a lovely view of the river and bridge.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Auburn, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stay here for the price and the view. We stayed here one night as a stopover on a trip to the southern Oregon coast and pretty much just needed a place to spend the night. As others have noted, it's an older place and I probably wouldn't have chosen the blue paint in our room. But that said, the lady at the front desk was friendly and helpful, the 2nd floor king room was large, there was a microwave and small fridge, the bathroom was a nice size with lots of counter space, the shower had good water pressure, the bed was comfortable and everything was clean. But the best thing is the view of the Columbia. You can spend a lot more at one of the newer places in town, but this place is comfortable and affordable and being on top of a hill, has what has to be the best views of the river of any place. We'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Some rooms appear to have better views than others, so if it's a view you're after, ask abou...
Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We go to Astoria a couple of times a year, and we strayed from the Crest for awhile due to a (one-time) experience with a cranky guy manning the desk. We decided to give the Crest another chance this past weekend, and we're glad we did; the crabby-pants fellow appeared to not be working there anymore, the view is still spectacular, and the price is as reasonable as ever.
The room was freshly painted, which was a nice touch. The TV is old-school, but channels are in HD now, so it looks fine.The Continental breakfast is standard pastries, o.j. and coffee, and you pick it up in the office (no, it's not delivered to your door). I've never had a problem with noise at the Crest, and I'm the lightest of light sleepers. However, we do always stay in the first building (50s rooms), so I have no idea about the noise level of the other buildings.
I see a few people's reviews complained about mold, and I saw none. Considering Astoria gets upwards of 70 inches of rain a year, I'm quite amazed. And as an Oregonian, I wish they would let me in on their mold prevention technique (every Oregonian needs one)!
All in all, the Crest is a dependable, inexpensive motel that we've found very reliable over the years. If you are looking for fancy furnishings and name-brand shampoo, this is not the place for you. But if you just want the basics and don't want to break the bank, I highly recommend the Crest.

Room Tip: Queen, non-smoking view rooms have always been satisfactory. Upstairs is great, but down have the sa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rhododendron, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

we love the crest!!! awesome views of big ships and the Astoria bridge. let cindy know whatever you need, she will come through for you, maybe even a pet sitter while you visit the town. take a cab!!! WARNING... there is 3 law enforcement patrols always patrolling. the crest is cool, away from downtown and the price is right!!! smoking and non.

Room Tip: ask for anything u want, they are very accomidating!!! laundry room on premise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stay here evey year and are never disappointed. The rooms are large, clean, quiet and well maintained. They are dated in decore, but the beds are comfortable. The view is spectacular, no other hotel in Astoria offers such a view. The desk and cleaning staff are pleasant and friendly. The contenental breakfast is limited to pastries and coffee, but the coffee is excellent. The price is below average for Astoria and is reasonable for this motel..

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor first building for the best view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Astoria Crest Motel? Share your experiences!