“Comfy, clean and such friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Oxford
“Comfy, clean and such friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

As soon as I arrived at this hotel I felt welcome. The receptionist greeted me by name and let me know that I'd been upgraded to a better room. I then got to choose a free cookie before finding my room - and finding it comfy, clean and well equipped.

The staff were all so helpful, giving me local information, finding me a cab and even helping me wrap a gift.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

Pro's:
- Good location next to the drawbridge, though only the rooms on the west side benefit from this partial view - it's not really ON the river like they make it look.
- We had very friendly welcome service from the front desk.
- Great pillows.
Cons:
- Very poor sink and bath/shower draining - It's a pet peeve of mine to shave/shower in "collecting" water - you never know whats down there - only stayed 1 night.
- Very strange smell in the room I never got used to, despite open windows...
- Wireless not working - apparently they were "working on it".
- Very old TV (doesnt everyone have flat screens these days, even for $100?).
- Room decor clearly hasnt been refreshed in years.
Overall: Very disappointed here - I'm generally a BW fan in the $100 range, and I KNOW they can do a lot better, as we stayed in the BW in Castle Locks (Columbia basin) right thereafter, which was SIGNIFICANTLY better equipped and/or modernized.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
BWAstoriaGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lincoln Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2009
Thank you so much for taking time to write this review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We are currently in the process of renovating our hotel; and have completed 50% of the rooms thus far plus all of the public space. We had to put these renovations on hold during the summer season, but plan to resume once occupancy dictates.

Hopefully you will return to experience our completely renovated hotel in the near future.

Sincerely
Victoria, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

We were very satisfied with our two-nights here and would definitely come again. Although we didn’t share the total enthusiasm of some other reviewers, overall the most important factors were in place for a pleasant stay.

The staff were very friendly and efficient. The hotel was generally clean and tidy and the breakfast was ample. The location is extremely convenient, just on the other side of the bridge from the city.

It’s a 3-minute drive to the waterfront walkway, where an old streetcar provides round-trips along the waterfront, with commentary, for $1 per person. From our experience, we would recommend the Ship Inn (Pub/Restaurant) on the waterfront as a good place for fresh home-cooked food and drinks. It’s located near the start of the streetcar route.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the positive feedback. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for the recommendation on the Ship's Inn - we always like to hear about restaurants and activities our guests have enjoyed so that we may share that with others.

We look forward to seenig you again in scenic Astoria.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

I can't guarantee this will happen to you, but we booked a room at this hotel in Sept 2009. Arrived early evening, and had to stand in line for a bit to register, since many folks were arriving. What a delight, however, to be given a free upgrade to a king room with river view, jacuzzi, fireplace and flat screen TV! This was the best place we stayed on a two-week trip to Oregon; clean, quiet and conveniently located. Also, it was the least expensive of any we stayed at, including 2 other Best Westerns. Couldn't have been happier!

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

We have stayed at this hotel in the past and have been pleasently comfortable. However this time left little to be desired. We checked into our room on Sunday and were greated by "Bob" who was very short and seemed too much in a hurry to help us. We got to our room and I needed to wash my grandson's feet and I found that the bathroom was at best wiped over. The shower curtain had mildew and was pink, there was hair on the toilet and spots all over the floor like it hadn't been mopped. I requested a new shower curtain from HK (as they were still there at 630pm) and they apologized, but thats as far as it went. Breakfast was nice on Mon/Tue but on Wednesday it appeared that the front desk person was doing breakfast alone and there was no silverware for us to eat with. Upon check-out (I have bad eyesight) and was reviewing the the bill, and the front desk agent asked me if there was something wrong with my bill, never once did she ask me about my stay before that time. It takes me awhile to read things with small print. I explained to her about our experience checking in and again she apologized. Never once did someone say I am sorry how can we fix that for you. Just very disappointing to us after our wonderful previous stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
JuliaBWAST, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lincoln Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2009
I sincerely apologize for the impression you received in regards to cleanliness at our property. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. That is what helps us determine what we are doing correctly and what we need to improve on.

I really appreciate you sharing your experience with us and bringing those matters to our attention.
Please be assured that the cleanliness issues you've raised have been addressed, as well as we have looked into the issue of the staff member being too in a hurry to help, and the appropriate action has been taken.

You mentioned you have stayed with us before and enjoyed your stay, I sincerely apologize for letting you down, and hope to see you return to experience another great stay.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

I have had the good fortune of staying at some of the nicest Hotels in the world and although they may have been more luxurious they can't compare to the Hospitality of this Hotel. The staff was always friendly and extremely helpful even though the week II was there the hotel was completely booked. I highly recommend staying there and I want to say Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much) to all the folks working there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
JuliaBWAST, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lincoln Inn, responded to this review, August 31, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We really appreciate your kind words, and so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us!
We hope to see you again!
Once again, thank you.

Julia Pislegina
West Linn, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

Nicely updated property. Room was ultra-clean and the beds are great. The location is considerably quieter than you'll find at the other chain properties on the south end of town, and all the staff we encountered were very pleasant. More $ than I would have liked to spend on a one-night getaway, but knowing how undependable coast lodging can be the Lincoln Inn turned out to be a good choice and value.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Best Western Lincoln Inn. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a great review. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and looking forward to your return! Thank you again, Julia Pislegina

Been to BEST WESTERN Lincoln Inn? Share your experiences!