“What a Deal” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
California
“What a Deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

I can't guarantee this will happen to you, but we booked a room at this hotel in Sept 2009. Arrived early evening, and had to stand in line for a bit to register, since many folks were arriving. What a delight, however, to be given a free upgrade to a king room with river view, jacuzzi, fireplace and flat screen TV! This was the best place we stayed on a two-week trip to Oregon; clean, quiet and conveniently located. Also, it was the least expensive of any we stayed at, including 2 other Best Westerns. Couldn't have been happier!

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

We have stayed at this hotel in the past and have been pleasently comfortable. However this time left little to be desired. We checked into our room on Sunday and were greated by "Bob" who was very short and seemed too much in a hurry to help us. We got to our room and I needed to wash my grandson's feet and I found that the bathroom was at best wiped over. The shower curtain had mildew and was pink, there was hair on the toilet and spots all over the floor like it hadn't been mopped. I requested a new shower curtain from HK (as they were still there at 630pm) and they apologized, but thats as far as it went. Breakfast was nice on Mon/Tue but on Wednesday it appeared that the front desk person was doing breakfast alone and there was no silverware for us to eat with. Upon check-out (I have bad eyesight) and was reviewing the the bill, and the front desk agent asked me if there was something wrong with my bill, never once did she ask me about my stay before that time. It takes me awhile to read things with small print. I explained to her about our experience checking in and again she apologized. Never once did someone say I am sorry how can we fix that for you. Just very disappointing to us after our wonderful previous stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
JuliaBWAST, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lincoln Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2009
I sincerely apologize for the impression you received in regards to cleanliness at our property. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. That is what helps us determine what we are doing correctly and what we need to improve on.

I really appreciate you sharing your experience with us and bringing those matters to our attention.
Please be assured that the cleanliness issues you've raised have been addressed, as well as we have looked into the issue of the staff member being too in a hurry to help, and the appropriate action has been taken.

You mentioned you have stayed with us before and enjoyed your stay, I sincerely apologize for letting you down, and hope to see you return to experience another great stay.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

I have had the good fortune of staying at some of the nicest Hotels in the world and although they may have been more luxurious they can't compare to the Hospitality of this Hotel. The staff was always friendly and extremely helpful even though the week II was there the hotel was completely booked. I highly recommend staying there and I want to say Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much) to all the folks working there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
JuliaBWAST, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lincoln Inn, responded to this review, August 31, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We really appreciate your kind words, and so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us!
We hope to see you again!
Once again, thank you.

West Linn, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

Nicely updated property. Room was ultra-clean and the beds are great. The location is considerably quieter than you'll find at the other chain properties on the south end of town, and all the staff we encountered were very pleasant. More $ than I would have liked to spend on a one-night getaway, but knowing how undependable coast lodging can be the Lincoln Inn turned out to be a good choice and value.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Best Western Lincoln Inn. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a great review. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and looking forward to your return! Thank you again, Julia Pislegina
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

Courteous staff, clean room, affordable price. Covered all the basics, and did it well.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
JuliaBWAST, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lincoln Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2009
Dear HappyCamperLasVegas,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Best Western Lincoln Inn, your recomendations and feedback are very much appreciated.
We are looking forward to your return!

Portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

I was so pleased with my stay with Best Western in Astoria. They defanitly made my whole experiance at the coast better. They had truly amazing customer service and were willing to go the extra mile to make sure my stay was the best possible. My room was very very clean and comfortable. It was also a great location, very easy to find even when I was tired from driving. The pool, breakfast, lobby, fitness room, and the staff were top quaility. I now recommend this hotel to all my family and friends.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
JuliaBWAST, General manager at BEST WESTERN Lincoln Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2009
Dear Fellowtraveler111,

Thank you for your kind words, we take pride in what we do and the service we provide to our guests, and I am glad to hear that we met and exceeded your expectations. Thank you for keeping us in mind next time you come to Astoria!

Your warm words are great appreciated and will be shared with the entire staff!

Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

We stayed here in the past and always had a great stay. It seems they keep upgrading the place, so it just gets better and better. The kids love the pool.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Dear diver27,

I am glad to see you are returning guest to our property, and you are correct we are doing everything we can to update the hotel to our guests' liking. It is great to hear feeback about how we are doing!
Glad to see the kids enjoyed the pool!

Come visit us soon!

Julia Pislegina

Been to BEST WESTERN Lincoln Inn? Share your experiences!