“Very Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 hotels in Astoria
Edmonds, WA
“Very Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Really nice, new hotel and they allow dogs for a fee. The staff was really helpful in making reservations and giving me directions - very pleasant on check in. My room was on the end of the building so I had a nice view of the bay and easy access to the exit for walking my dog. The room was really nice, bed was great, super clean bathroom - even a fridge and microwave in the room. Overall this was a great value and a very nice hotel. Location is interesting - next door to a U-Haul and a ship yard.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lincoln Inn, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Bicoastal,

We love dogs here! As a person with a dog I can certainly appreciate when a hotel or staff member goes out of the way to make the "furry baby" feel welcome. I travel with my bulldog and always like to be be accepted. Hopefully you will visit us again in the future.

Thank you for staying with us.

General Mangaer

377 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Colton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

we stayed here last year (Christmas 2011) for several days thru the Christmas holiday visiting grandma. The manager offered us a great rate for the six of us in one of their larger suites that fit our budget ... excellent service and the kids loved the pool. for our 4 kids in the morning, their breakfast bar offered them an excellent variety of choice ( wife and I too ) . We called again this year (Christmas 2012) and manager again offered us great rate for same room. no regrets ! Ben(Or)

Room Tip: try treating others around you with curtesy and respect, including the hotel staff and workers...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ben,

So happy to hear that we were able to get the family back into the suite this year! Repeat business is without a doubt our favorite! Loyalty to the brand and hotel is so important. With luck we will see you again. Please don't hesitate to call and speak to me directly.

Heidelberg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Astoria is a pretty expensive town as far as motel rooms are concerned. This Best Western also does not come at a discount rate but at least you get a nice and modern room. I dont know if this motel is pretty new or the rooms are all remodeled: it looks very new. Everything was very clean and it has enough free parking. However its a little bit dark inside because of the brown tones in the decor. We did not use the indoor pool. The breakfast (included in rate) was decent but nothing to talk home about, They should get more luggage carts, the ones they have are not enough at check-in times.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind response. Yes we recently remodeled the property. We have worked very hard to make the hotel warm and inviting for our guests. I always welcome suggestions or comments from guests as to what breakfast choices they would have liked to have seen. I have added both sugar free and gluten free breakfast items. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel with your suggestions.

Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed a year ago and enjoyed the hotel so we decided to stay again. Because we knew the directions and which 'landmarks' to look for, we were able to find it with no trouble. i see that other reviewers were not so lucky. It is hard to believe that something can't be done to make it easier to find.

We had a king-room on a quiet mid-week night. The room was more than adequate; it was clean and quiet and the bed was very comfortable. It had an older-style TV and microwave but we didn't watch much TV and we didn't use the microwave at all so they didn't adversely affect our stay. The internet connection was quite slow (as in dial-up slow) at times. The bathroom was clean and there was lots of pressure and hot water for the shower. The toilet is low to the floor so be aware the first time you use it. Staff was courteous and friendly. Breakfast was very good with scrambled eggs, sausage, juices, yogurt, fruit, muffins, waffles etc. We did not use them but the site also has a pool and an exercise room.

All-in-all I would say that this is a good to very good BW. We would not hesitate to stay again or to recommend it to friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lincoln Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
So happy to hear that you returned. Many changes have occured since you were here last year! Remodeled rooms and upgrades throughout. I hope that you will come back next year! Please feel free to call me directly and we can get you something special!

Billings, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I always book a hotel with a pool due to needing to stretch my back after driving thanks to an old injury. Upon checking in I n oticed that the pool door had a sign saying it was closed. I asked the clerk about it and she said "Oh yeah. They just showed up to renovated the pool and we didn't know they were coming." I commented that it would have been nice to know about the pool ahead of time and was told that because they had no notice that they were coming to work on it (what???) that they had just the day before gotten the site noted that it was closed. As you can expect, the first thing I did when I got to my room was to check the Best Western site along with Hotels.com and Travelocity (Expedia was blocked by their firewall) and none of them said anything about the pool being closed. I just checked again tonight (5 days later) and it still is not noted. If I had known that I would have booked elsewhere. I can understand that sometimes renovations need to be done but it would be nice to be notified (they had my email address from the reservation) The clerk offered no compensation for the lack of ameneties. If I am ever in the area again I will have to think twice about staying here even though the room was quite nice.

Room Tip: The whirlpool suites on the river side are quite nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
I would like to say that while I appreciate the fact that this guest wrote this review, I would like to make a few points clear. The hotel did have notice - albeit short notice, and therefore we were not able to put a notice on the website due to the fact that it usually takes a week or more to get things posted. Much longer for 3rd party sites such as Expedia or Priceline. It would subsequently take a week or so to have it removed from the sites -thereby putting the announcement up for much longer than necessary. The work done in the pool room would likely have been completed by the time the notice came out. I would also urge all guests who might for any reason have questions regarding issues other than basic ones to speak to management. They will certainly be more informed. And lastly when a reservation is made through a 3rd party site such as the aforementioned, they do not send the hotel guest phone numbers or email addresses. During the time that our pool was down, attempts to contact guests that were arriving that had not booked with the hotel staff directly were made a priority. If the guest that sent this review had booked the room this way there was no way to reach them.

Been to BEST WESTERN Lincoln Inn? Share your experiences!