“Enjoying a storm in Astoria......................................................................................” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Lincoln Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Lincoln Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Lincoln Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   555 Hamburg Avenue, Astoria, OR 97103   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Astoria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Heidelberg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Astoria is a pretty expensive town as far as motel rooms are concerned. This Best Western also does not come at a discount rate but at least you get a nice and modern room. I dont know if this motel is pretty new or the rooms are all remodeled: it looks very new. Everything was very clean and it has enough free parking. However its a little bit dark inside because of the brown tones in the decor. We did not use the indoor pool. The breakfast (included in rate) was decent but nothing to talk home about, They should get more luggage carts, the ones they have are not enough at check-in times.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lincoln Inn, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind response. Yes we recently remodeled the property. We have worked very hard to make the hotel warm and inviting for our guests. I always welcome suggestions or comments from guests as to what breakfast choices they would have liked to have seen. I have added both sugar free and gluten free breakfast items. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel with your suggestions.

Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed a year ago and enjoyed the hotel so we decided to stay again. Because we knew the directions and which 'landmarks' to look for, we were able to find it with no trouble. i see that other reviewers were not so lucky. It is hard to believe that something can't be done to make it easier to find.

We had a king-room on a quiet mid-week night. The room was more than adequate; it was clean and quiet and the bed was very comfortable. It had an older-style TV and microwave but we didn't watch much TV and we didn't use the microwave at all so they didn't adversely affect our stay. The internet connection was quite slow (as in dial-up slow) at times. The bathroom was clean and there was lots of pressure and hot water for the shower. The toilet is low to the floor so be aware the first time you use it. Staff was courteous and friendly. Breakfast was very good with scrambled eggs, sausage, juices, yogurt, fruit, muffins, waffles etc. We did not use them but the site also has a pool and an exercise room.

All-in-all I would say that this is a good to very good BW. We would not hesitate to stay again or to recommend it to friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lincoln Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
So happy to hear that you returned. Many changes have occured since you were here last year! Remodeled rooms and upgrades throughout. I hope that you will come back next year! Please feel free to call me directly and we can get you something special!

Billings, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I always book a hotel with a pool due to needing to stretch my back after driving thanks to an old injury. Upon checking in I n oticed that the pool door had a sign saying it was closed. I asked the clerk about it and she said "Oh yeah. They just showed up to renovated the pool and we didn't know they were coming." I commented that it would have been nice to know about the pool ahead of time and was told that because they had no notice that they were coming to work on it (what???) that they had just the day before gotten the site noted that it was closed. As you can expect, the first thing I did when I got to my room was to check the Best Western site along with Hotels.com and Travelocity (Expedia was blocked by their firewall) and none of them said anything about the pool being closed. I just checked again tonight (5 days later) and it still is not noted. If I had known that I would have booked elsewhere. I can understand that sometimes renovations need to be done but it would be nice to be notified (they had my email address from the reservation) The clerk offered no compensation for the lack of ameneties. If I am ever in the area again I will have to think twice about staying here even though the room was quite nice.

Room Tip: The whirlpool suites on the river side are quite nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
I would like to say that while I appreciate the fact that this guest wrote this review, I would like to make a few points clear. The hotel did have notice - albeit short notice, and therefore we were not able to put a notice on the website due to the fact that it usually takes a week or more to get things posted. Much longer for 3rd party sites such as Expedia or Priceline. It would subsequently take a week or so to have it removed from the sites -thereby putting the announcement up for much longer than necessary. The work done in the pool room would likely have been completed by the time the notice came out. I would also urge all guests who might for any reason have questions regarding issues other than basic ones to speak to management. They will certainly be more informed. And lastly when a reservation is made through a 3rd party site such as the aforementioned, they do not send the hotel guest phone numbers or email addresses. During the time that our pool was down, attempts to contact guests that were arriving that had not booked with the hotel staff directly were made a priority. If the guest that sent this review had booked the room this way there was no way to reach them.
Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This hotel is good at comfortable room and scene of Columbia river. It locates in a harbor area. But the road to hotel is not easy to find if with a GPS navigator.

everthing of this hotel is OK, except not easy to find.

Room Tip: there're some rooms just near elevator and beside exactly ice maker and vending machine. So, mak...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out to review the hotel and let us know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Feedback through Trip Advisor is a wonderful way for hotels to know what the guests think of us. Please continue to send in reviews when you travel. It is very much appreciated.

Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

1) They should have told us when we booked that the pool was closed for maintenance.
***Disappointing***
2) Exterior door key card entry was broken
3) Constant loud, howling wind sound thru front door of room, plus, it rattled until we stuffed a towel into it
4) Toilet too low to the ground and not securely mounted to floor
Last but not least, called front desk about mislaid wallet and was put on hold until finally hung ten minties later.
We will not be back.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I would like to say that I am sorry that our pool was closed for maintenance the morning the guest was here, but I had indicated in correspondance with them that per health department guidelines, for the safety of the guests we close the pool first thing in the morning to re-chemicalize the pool and spa. I take this very seriously and would never let the pool remain open without assurances that the chlorine and other levels are where they should be. The exterior door lock has been replaced as well. Any other issues have been addressed with the maintenance department and resolved to Best Western standards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Astoria
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Astoria
Commodore Hotel
Commodore Hotel
#7 of 14 in Astoria
4.0 of 5 stars 165 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN Lincoln Inn? Share your experiences!