“Newly Remodeled, Still Tastey and Affordable” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #48 of 83 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: Thai
astoria, Oregon, USA
“Newly Remodeled, Still Tastey and Affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

The two of us ordered 3 appetizers and then shared a main dish. A feast, delicious variety and very satisfying. All 4 items only totaled $25.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boise, Idaho
“Very Good Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I really enjoyed the food at this restaurant. It was authentic and tasty. The price was right as well. I had eaten at a few places in Astoria and surrounding areas and this was the best meal at a decent price. My son had the Pad Thai, I had the stir fry veggies and chicken and the wife had the garlic beef. All were good. The atmosphere was nice as well. I would highly reccomend this place.

Visited March 2012
Seaside, Oregon
“Mediocre at best...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I have been living on the N. Coast for over two years. The wonderful Thai restaurant in Seaside pulled out. I have enjoyed Typhoon, Thai Elephant and others in the Portland metro but I decided to try the Thai Restaurant in Astoria. They are located in a well travelled part of Astoria. They have some very nice art on the walls. We started with the Thai Spring type rolls. They were fine and typical but all you vegetarians out there, they put chicken in them. The sauce was too heavy and overpowering, otherwise fresh and good.

You know what they say......"try the Pad Thai to judge a good Thai restaurant". They were generous with the fresh shrimp but the noodles were a little thicker and pastier than other restaurants. They use a universal thick, peanut-y sauce that oppresses the dish. There were no bean sprouts or lime...absolutely no garnish. The food did not look good on the plate.
I cannot recommend and I wish this restaurant the best.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Astoria, Oregon
“Closest Thing to Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

I don't know if you have the same love for Asian food as I do but Blue Ocean is my favorite. Blue Ocean is truly Authentic Thai food. Mind you I have eaten Thai food all over the Bay Area and nothing comes close to Blue Ocean. Everything here is fresh and I truly mean fresh. Blue Ocean's Ginger Soup is out of this world. The Mixed Seafood in spicy broth is not only a worthy portion but it is to die for. Blue Oceans' fresh Basil rolls with peanut sauce are delectable. The Papaya Salad, I have no words to express what it tastes like it's that good. I know there are lots of restaurants in Astoria. But if you are looking for Good, True, Authentic Thai food The Blue Ocean should be at the top of your list.

• Visited August 2011
Oregon
“Consistently great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

There are a couple of restaurants we always enjoy, Yen Ha in Portland and
Blue Ocean in Astoria. Blue Ocean is at least as good as the Thai restaurants in Portland,
and maybe better...the Mango Sticky Rice is wonderful. Some out of town guests voted this the best restaurant they have been to..
The owner said he can make vegan dishes if requested, we haven't tried that yet.

• Visited August 2011