“great food friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hamburgers, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: There’s always something new to try from the brewery’s rotating taps, including taster trays, pints, and growlers-to-go. The lively public house offers family-friendly dining with made-from-scratch meals using organic, natural, and local ingredients.An upstairs Woodfired Pizza venue was opened in the Summer of '13 and operates all day on Saturdays and Sundays, from 4:30-10pm on Wednesdays-Fridays and is closed Monday and Tuesday. Beautiful views and woodwork. Tours of the 30 barrel production brewery and beer canning line are available Saturdays and Sundays at 1pm and 4pm. Located on the site of the original 1811 settlement of Astoria, the locals lining the bar can get you up to speed on the city’s past, present, and future.
scotland
“great food friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

loved it, the place, the staff, the brews, the food, the games, the decor, happy days, can't think of anywhere better to while away a few hours

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Manhattan, KS
“Get the tuna melt!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We had a great Saturday night at the Fort George Brewery in Astoria. Looking over the menu, I originally thought of the tuna melt, but ended up with the fish and chips (made with tuna). My husband had the tuna melt, and it was far superior to the fish and chips. Wish I had ordered that! They had hard cider on tap (which I loved because I don't like beer). Would definitely go again if we ever return to Astoria.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Oregon
“Great Beer and SUPER nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I was recently here with my girlfriend. We were only going to pop in and fill our growlers but a very warm welcome and invitiation to sit at the bar and watch the Timbers game lured us in.
We ended up spending almost 2 hours, sampling beers and housemade sausages and visiting with the staff. We chatted with at least 5 different employees and they were all friendly and prompt with their service.
I read some of the earlier reviews that commented negatively on the service and I wanted to point out that this was not even remotely our experience.
I work in the hopsitality industry and these were fine folks.
Good food, good beer, GREAT people.

Marietta, GA
“Great made from scratch soup”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Tomato-bleu cheese soup was devine. Fish and chips featured albacore tuna which was great. Not too much batter, and taste was slightly sweet. Tried a new beer, which was very good. Overall, a nice place for lunch with friends/family.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Forest Grove, Oregon
“Good beer, bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

I was hoping that the other reviews that mentioned slow, unfriendly service were exceptions to the rule. My hopes were dashed by the unfriendliest and most inefficient waitress that I have had in a long time. The beer was good (even though they were out of their famous Vortex IPA) and the food was good. I would probably try the place once more, but if I see the same waitress I will turn around and go to one of the many other good eateries in Astoria, like the Wet Dog.

• Visited September 2011