“Great hotel with or without your pets” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
“Great hotel with or without your pets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Coming into Astoria needed a nice hotel that was pet friendly. Hit the jackpot on this one. First the room was great with or without a pet. Comfy, huge, & out of the congestion of center city on the north side of town. Within walking distance to the Rogue Public House for a nice dinner with a craft brew & right on a good running/walking trail. Lots of sea lions, too. As far as the pet angle, we had a 1st floor room near a side entrance. So easy in & easy out with the dogs & a nice grassy area in back for the dogs to do their business. No long hauls with the dogs to get to the designated potty area.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly & not the Comfort Stes 1-800#. The guy I talked to at the 1-800# had ou...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I saw a rate of $149 per night on their website. Went into the hotel to make sure it was ok. Asked for a room, the clerk told me $159. I asked if I could have the $149 rate on their website. She said no because the Internet had rates they don't have. So I said I need to make the reservation on my smartphone for the cheaper rate. The clerk said yes. So much for customer service and satisfaction,

Great river view but the sea pups are LOUD!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Facility is centrally located, and on the water. Staff friendly and helpful.
Bkfst foods are good and plentiful.
Close the windows and pull the curtains on the backside if you don't want to listen to the sea lions several hundred yards away. Not a problem.
Number of good brewpubs in the area, all good.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Forest Grove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Although Comfort Suites is not right downtown, it is my place of choice. I love the sound of the wildlife - we like the sound of the sea lions so much that we leave the windows open to hear their noises all night. It actually is relaxing. If that is not your thing close the windows and you will not hear them. The rooms are clean, the pool is wonderful, the breakfast bar could be larger - it got pretty crowded in the mornings. Food good. The staff is very helpful. The business room computer is not always working, but they take care of it and usually get it running. It is very small area. We have used the laundry room and the machines work well. I am always there with 2 grade school kids and it is a great place for them. The trolley goes right behind the building with a stop for you. The dock is very close to walk out to see sea lions and old fishing boats. There is a very good restaurant down the walkway onto another dock. Safeway and Starbucks are very close. Enjoy!

Room Tip: The room was very quiet unless you want to hear the special wildlife of sea lions as we did.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When I realized where this hotel was located, I called direct and asked for a room on the top floor facing the river. That's exactly what I got. I had a lovely view of the water and the river walk. I could also open my window and hear the sea lions on the pier. Loved it! Slept with the window open all night! Room was very clean, very spacious, nice amenities. I would definitely recommend this Comfort Suites!

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2015

We stayed on the second floor of the Comfort Suites Columbia River in Astoria on a Wednesday night in mid-April. The room was very nice. It had a king bed, a refrigerator, a sink separate from the bath and a sofa area separate from the sleeping area. The wifi worked very well. The breakfast had hot and cold food and fruit. Everything was clean and smelled good.
Our only concern was the constant cacophony of sound from the seals and sea lions which are on the docks very near the Hotel.They made noise all night. If you are bothered by noises then mention that to the management and they will put you in a room further from the dock area.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you then the seals and sea lions will be a problem - they make noise all day and al...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Kitsy M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Columbia River, responded to this review, April 17, 2015
I am sorry to read about the sea lions again. We are trying our hardest to come up with a way of advertising them. They do get quite loud and I do like guests to know that we hold ear plugs at the front desk if they end up needing them, other than that I loved reading about your stay. I am very happy that we could accomodate you and you were pleased other than the sea lions barking away.

Kourtney Scott
Front Office Manager
503-325-2000
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2015

The Comfort Suites Columbia River is an excellent value. Our room was rather large and well appointed. The sleeping area is separated from the living room by a half-height wall/partition. The couch and a nice desk allowed me (an early riser) to get some work done while my wife slept in. The bathroom looks a bit institutional but it's fine. The walls/ceiling are a bit thin, I could hear the shower from the room above us. The wifi network works rather well. The front desk and dining area staff are very friendly. The breakfast was good, I liked the biscuits and gravy but the coffee was rather weak. The hotel was near all the museums and restaurants that we intended to visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the front of the hotel to avoid hearing all the sea lions.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
I am hoping that speaking with my general manager, that we can come up with some better options on what we can do to make it that our doors do not slam. I want to apologize about that.
It sounds like we were able to accomodate you during your stay and I am so pleased to hear that!!
We hope to see you again soon!

Kourtney Scott
Front Office Manager
503-325-2000

Been to Comfort Suites Columbia River? Share your experiences!