“Nice overnight stay in astoria” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 14 hotels in Astoria
Evergreen, Colorado
“Nice overnight stay in astoria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This was a convenient, clean, friendly place to stay in Astoria. There is a great walking path that goes along the river. The path and the Astoria trolley line are out the back door. From our window we could watch a beautiful sunset. Walking distance to the Goonies house, Safeway grocery, and a pub on a river pier. Drive, bike, or take the trolley to attractions and restaurants closer to downtown.
The breakfast was ordinary. Some more whole grain and healthy choices would be great. The Yumi yogurt is a treat.

Room Tip: River view rooms are great, but the rooms facing east have great views also. Top floor has best vie...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kourtney S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Columbia River, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you so much for your positive feedback.
Astoria is such an amazing little town! I am glad to read that you have gotten to enjoy some of the great places that it has to offer.

We hope that you come back in the future and we can make that stay even better.

Again, thank you.

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed here July 11th and 12th in a second floor river view room. The room was clean, had nice furnishings, comfortable beds and the linens very clean. The complimentary breakfast was standard but with plenty of choices and a friendly conscientious attendant. There was a boys baseball tournament in town. Several participating groups staying at the hotel made for yelling, running in the hallways and door slamming on both evenings. We confronted some boys outside our door on both evenings and told them to stop! The second evening we reported the noise to the front desk. At check out we were told there had been a number of complaints. This hotel advertises that pets are allowed on the first floor only. After seeing a dog on the second floor, we asked about the policy at checkout. We were told that if all the rooms on the first floor were booked, pets were allowed on the second and even sometimes on the third floor. I have allergies/asthma and animal dander can be a problem for me. I always ask for a non smoking, no pets room.
Be sure to ride the trolley that stops at the hotel and runs along the river. A nice Safeway store is very close by. The noisy sea lions reported by other reviewers were gone to California. But they will be back. I rated the value of this hotel as very good because it was the most reasonable rate for a good hotel for the summer season. Would I stay here again? Yes. Astoria is a charming town and is almost unrecognizable from my childhood of sixty some years ago.

Room Tip: Book a 3rd floor room on the river side for the best view of freighters and ships on the river.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback and positive words! I will certainly make sure to pass this on and I am so glad to hear that we could present you with a good stay.
It is always nice to have the returning guests, as well as the new ones. I hope that we see you in the future and can make it an even better stay for you.

Thank so much again.
Lake Orion, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is a Comfort Suites- let's start there. Nothing fancy, price is decent. It is a good hotel that may seem a little expensive but I think based on location it's about right. Our room was clean and we were told had recently been redone. I can believe that- there was an extra piece to a towel bar laying on the floor. There's the rub- why was it on the floor? If someone vacuumed they should pick it up. Why leave it in the room? Just sayin'. We never tried the breakfast but it looked like the typical free breakfast at so many chains. I would note that the picture of the hotel from the water is accurate- but misleading. The hotel isn't really on the water (but is close and will have a view from higher floors). Overall, I would stay again. Nothing great, but nothing to complain about either.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the feedback.
I will take this and present it to the proper departments and thank you for being patient with us. We have gone through renovations and I am so glad to hear that we have been able to help you enjoy your stay.
I hope that you return in the future and we can make it an even better stay for you.
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After reading a couple of the negative reviews of this hotel, we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived and found that the rooms were super clean, attractively furnished, and large. We arrived too late to get a room with a river view, but the hotel does have a very nice view of the Columbia river and passing barges. The people working the front desk were super friendly and accommodating. The lady who stocked the breakfast area went out of her way to find things that my daughter (who has an allergy) could eat. My only negative comment is about the fitness room. It's quite small and hot (a fan would help). The TV wasn't working because the hotel was in the process of switching over to digital cable. Overall, we had a very nice stay and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Book early and ask for a room with a river view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kourtney S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Columbia River, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for your feedback.
It is so awesome to be able to hear good feedback from guests.

I will pass on the comment/suggestion about a fan or air conditioning system for the Fitness Center.

We hope you come back and stay with us in the future and I would like to thank you on behalf of the staff for the encouraging words.

Thanks again,
Everett, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for about a weekfor work,they were working on the hotel but everyone was very helpful and friendly nice pool enjoyed my visit very much, would definitely return,loved Astoria.if you go don't miss going over the Astoria bridge it's beautiful.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you so much for your positive feedback.
I also would like to thank you for your patience while we were going through renovations and changing the hotel.
Our goal is to meet guests satisfaction. I am so please to hear that we could accommodate you during your stay!

We hope for your return in the future.

Washington State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After falling into disrepair the past several years, the new ownership has done a great job bringing this hotel back up to standards. New exterior paint, remodeled rooms, they earned our business back. It's worth the extra money to get a river view room. Perfect for runners, right out the door is the Astoria River Walk, 4 miles of path from wetlands to the bridge. Walk to the museum. Safeway is next door and Geno's Pizza is a block away across the street, so it's a perfect location in Astoria. The one negative is that the room doors slam shut very loudly.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that have a connecting door to the neighboring rooms, lots of noise comes through. Pay...
Thank you so much for your positive feedback.
I will make sure to get this information about the doors to the Maintenance.
Our goal is to please the guests and from what you have wrote, I am so happy that your stay could be so accommodating.
We appreciate this response and will make sure to improve.

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel was clean and comfortable, but it's in an ugly area. I didn't really care for it. But $174 a night is an outrage for this. I have paid that for a resort town and Astoria is not that. I thought being on the river would be quaint. Our window looked out over a home being demolished. Won't recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Columbia River? Share your experiences!