Having booked different 'economy' hotels in the past I'm always wary when trying a new one. We have stayed in good ones and utterly dreadful ones but I'm pleased to say this place was really very good. Myself and a friend were visiting Jacksonville for the Florida Country Superfest and stayed at the Candlewood for two nights. We were hoping for 2 Queen beds in our room but in the end all they had was one Queen, but we didn't mind sharing, so wasn't a major problem. I was expecting just a simple room with bed, perhaps a desk, TV, hopefully a coffee maker and obviously a bathroom.
The room had a Queen bed with tasteful, clean, crisp bedding, a large desk and table with chair, wall mounted flatscreen approx. 36" TV, plenty of drawers and a hanging closet with loads of hangers and an ironing board and iron. A recliner chair, 2 ring electric hob, microwave, full size dishwasher, sink, plenty of cupboard space and a full fridge and freezer. The air conditioning in the room was great and not noisy. The bathroom was a good size and the shower had a disabled seat (perfect for shaving legs!) and plenty of hot water and a good strong shower. Lots of clean, fluffy towels, hairdryer, soaps and shampoo/conditioner. In the cupboards in the kitchen there was salt and pepper, tea, sugar, coffee for percolator, popcorn and utensils enough for two people. There were pots and pans, toaster, utensils and basics for simple cooking. Outside in locked cupboards there were crock pots, toaster ovens, blenders, George Foreman type grills and lots of board games. The hotel also has a fitness center, which was quite big and totally unexpected. There are facilities for late night check ins and the staff are happy to call taxis and help however they can.
Check in was simple, there were those wheelie bell hop type trolleys to help get baggage into the hotel and as our room was on the ground floor there is also a rear 'key' entrance that was perfect for entering as it was nearer our room and as my friend is a smoker, perfect for her to pop outside for a quick cigarette without having to keep going through reception.
There is no safe in the room but the reception provides safe deposit box use for valuables. There are lifts for the upper floors and the whole hotel smelled clean and looked clean. The staff were polite, courteous and very helpful.
The hotel is also in a nice area, surrounded by modern offices and the area looks fairly new and is nicely landscaped with lots of trees and flowers. It's so nice to not feel like you are in a dodgy area. The down side is that there is nothing within walking distance. No restaurants or even a 7-11! However, a short drive away there is a fabulous open air mall with plenty of shops and restaurants.
Admittedly more expensive than perhaps a Hampton Inn, but when traveling with children for a week, what we would spend on the hotel room we would save in not having to eat out every night. Such a bonus!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Candlewood Suites Jacksonville knows what you need. Business, families and extended stay travelers play by different rules and need a hotel that understands your unique needs. Candlewood Suites is designed from the group up just for you. We are just minutes from Downtown Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beaches and St. Augustine. The Candlewood Suites gives you the amenities that make you feel at home. Fully equipped suites, room to spread out, space to work and space to relax. Plus there s great shopping, dining and exciting entertainment at St. John s Town Center, Jacksonville Landing and 5 points which are just a short drive away. When its time to get connected away from home we know what you need, high speed Internet, cable, sports, movie channel and DVD player. When you need to burn some energy the fully equipped fitness center will help melt the stress away. When visiting Jacksonville, Florida we know what you need. The Candlewood Suites Jacksonville is your best stay, for a week, a month or even a year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Candlewood Suites Jacksonville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites - Jacksonville Hotel Jacksonville
- Candlewood Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Candlewood Suites