“Extremely good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 130 Hotels in Jacksonville
McDonough, GA
“Extremely good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Daughter was in Jacksonville for a regional track meet so we traveled to spend a little time with her. She was at a Marriott .3 miles away at a rate of $210 per night. Our room was $70 per night. The room was clean, with comfortable bed and gave us everything we needed. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. only downside is there were no restaurants withing walking distance. Found that strange for a place with 5-6 hotels within one block.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
CWS4990, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
We are happy to know that you found the value in selecting Candlewood Suites Jacksonville for your recent trip to Jacksonville. Thanks so much for the ranking you provided on your experience with us. Just to note: there is a Dave and Buster's restaurant within walking distance from our property and we are sorry that one of our staff was not able to inform you of this; we hope it was not an inconvenience for you to locate eating establishments during your stay in Jacksonville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was in such $60-$70 a night this place surely packs its fair share of a punch. Only negative is checking in after 11 is a bit of a nuisance and no breakfast. But truly these dont really count against the hotel in my book. Clean, friendly, not to far from nice things. Perfect bang for your buck.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
CWS4990, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Our sincere apology for the issues with your late check in experience; we have a staff member here 24 hours a day and hope that they were able to assist you. Thank you for the 5 star rating and for providing comments for other readers to view. There is value in choosing Candlewood Suites for one's lodging needs and we're happy you found us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

My family and I stayed at the jacksonville, FL Candlewood Suites at the beginning of May of this year and we really liked it. We were there for 7 days. The room we had was very clean and we had a suite with fridge, dishwasher, mini stove, two TV's and a bunch of other nice things. We had to bring a lot of stuff coming from Va and the staff didn't mind. Free laundry self serve, open 24 hours, but the website doesn't state facts about the Candlewood Cupboard. Drinks are not 50 cents, can ones at least are a dollar. Others are more. Also has a mini gym which I didn't even get to use because I wasn't allowed to exercise at the time I was staying there. That was a big bummer. Candlewood suites is the only hotel in jacksonville that will allow more than a few people to stay in a suite room.
We had 9 in our party, and the staff didn't seem to mind that many people staying in nod room. Housekeeping, however they acted like we weren't allowed to ask for fresh towels and tp and acted rude when we asked for some. Other than that, our stay at candlewood was very pleasant. Buy ur own laundry detergent though because they charge for laundry soap. Target has a nice selection.

• Stayed May 2014
CWS4990, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Thank you for your tripadvisor post! We will take a look again to be sure that the .50 sodas is not being advertised on our web site any longer; we're sorry if this caused any confusion for you. As you stated, housekeeping is weekly but fresh towels and linen can be obtained at the front desk if our guests prefer changing more often. We are most please that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you again for the comments and feedback.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We spent a total of 3 weeks here on business in March and April and really enjoyed our stay. We got the "suite" which offered a bedroom with living rm that has a sofa bed, full kitchen and nice size bathroom.
The room was comfy and very clean an awesome value for the price. Housekeeping is once a week which was actually nice giving you enough privacy to relax with out that early knock at the door, and fresh linens and towels are always available at the front desk if needed. They offer free washer/dryer service (that was amazing to me) and also offer many food items for purchase in case you may have forgotten something at the grocery store or just want to grab a snack.
There is a small gym and a few gazebos at the back of the property good for relaxing. The grounds are well kept and well lit at night with many access points.
It was always quiet and peaceful and the staff was always very friendly and knowledgeable willing to help out in any way.
I enjoyed this hotel very much and hope to stay again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the rating and for taking the time to post on your experience with us. We have a wonderful staff that has a goal of delivering exceptional guest service and a very clean suite for our guests. It is most pleasant when we hear that we "got it right!" Thank you so much!
Düsseldorf, Deutschland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is a nice play to stay. Very friendly staff and clean rooms. I can highly recommend that place. In the area around you can find supermarkets, restaurants and so on... A few minutes to the beautiful shores.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recommendation; we appreciate that so many guests like you will take the time to provide feedback and comments to read for others when considering a stay at the Candlewood Suites Jacksonville. We are in a good, clean and quiet area and we're happy that you mention this. Please come and visit us again the next time you are in our area!
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Their business is best suited for the extended stay visitor and my stay was indefinite. They made checking in and out very simple and seamless. I have to say that Reservations was very accommodating of me, as I didn’t have a pre-booked reservation and I was very uncertain as to how long I’d be staying.

The amenities and facilities of the hotel were extremely suitable for me. I appreciated the parking facilities, the gym, laundry room, WiFi, DVD library, phone services, mini mart, housekeeping and especially the kitchenette.…I felt very much at home and at peace.

The hotel feels safe and the location worked very well for me too.

The rooms are nicely decorated and furnished and they offer really great rates. They do not have a pool, neither and Internet cafe. Don't forget to ask about discounts...AAA, preferred employer rates etc.

I was pleasantly surprised at the rewards program and offers I received in the mail within less than a year after my stay. I was given a preferred discount and awesome upgrade to stay at an IHG Hotel; now I am an IHG member with accrued points; just in time for vacation!

The experience which led to my stay at Candlewood Suites was a sad life changing event. The staff at Candlewood Suites on Belfort Rd. Jacksonville, made me feel more than welcome. Everyone was very attentive, so I felt relaxed and my stress level was reduced.

I spent 3 weeks there and actually missed the staff. I absolutely loved my stay!

The time spent at Candlewood Suites has given me a renewed outlook on travelling. I can actually look forward to being “home away from home.”

Thank you Candlewood Suites!

Room Tip: Upper level rooms are definitely quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for all of your positive and uplifting words within your feedback. We are all so very pleased that you enjoyed your time here with us and that we were able to make your transition a better one. We also appreciate the rating very much. Come and visit us again!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

This place doesn't have anything extremely wrong with it. But it is a solid two star location. Room was basic queen and overall decent. Wife and I didn't sleep very well and it was hard to get a good room temperature. Water pressure in shower very weak but the sink was perfect. Hotel seems a bit used and that's why it just gets 3 stars.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Startrekcaptain,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. We strive to provide impeccable customer service and accommodations. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any difficulties that you may have encountered during your stay with us particularly with the room and bathroom amenities received. We assure you that this is not up to our standards and corrective action will be taken to ensure this does not happen again.

Again, we are grateful for your valuable feedback. Shall your travels bring you to the area again we hope for the opportunity to provide you a quality stay with us all around.

Zelyn N