“Very nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
“Very nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the jacksonville, FL Candlewood Suites at the beginning of May of this year and we really liked it. We were there for 7 days. The room we had was very clean and we had a suite with fridge, dishwasher, mini stove, two TV's and a bunch of other nice things. We had to bring a lot of stuff coming from Va and the staff didn't mind. Free laundry self serve, open 24 hours, but the website doesn't state facts about the Candlewood Cupboard. Drinks are not 50 cents, can ones at least are a dollar. Others are more. Also has a mini gym which I didn't even get to use because I wasn't allowed to exercise at the time I was staying there. That was a big bummer. Candlewood suites is the only hotel in jacksonville that will allow more than a few people to stay in a suite room.
We had 9 in our party, and the staff didn't seem to mind that many people staying in nod room. Housekeeping, however they acted like we weren't allowed to ask for fresh towels and tp and acted rude when we asked for some. Other than that, our stay at candlewood was very pleasant. Buy ur own laundry detergent though because they charge for laundry soap. Target has a nice selection.

• Stayed May 2014
CWS4990, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Thank you for your tripadvisor post! We will take a look again to be sure that the .50 sodas is not being advertised on our web site any longer; we're sorry if this caused any confusion for you. As you stated, housekeeping is weekly but fresh towels and linen can be obtained at the front desk if our guests prefer changing more often. We are most please that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you again for the comments and feedback.

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We spent a total of 3 weeks here on business in March and April and really enjoyed our stay. We got the "suite" which offered a bedroom with living rm that has a sofa bed, full kitchen and nice size bathroom.
The room was comfy and very clean an awesome value for the price. Housekeeping is once a week which was actually nice giving you enough privacy to relax with out that early knock at the door, and fresh linens and towels are always available at the front desk if needed. They offer free washer/dryer service (that was amazing to me) and also offer many food items for purchase in case you may have forgotten something at the grocery store or just want to grab a snack.
There is a small gym and a few gazebos at the back of the property good for relaxing. The grounds are well kept and well lit at night with many access points.
It was always quiet and peaceful and the staff was always very friendly and knowledgeable willing to help out in any way.
I enjoyed this hotel very much and hope to stay again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the rating and for taking the time to post on your experience with us. We have a wonderful staff that has a goal of delivering exceptional guest service and a very clean suite for our guests. It is most pleasant when we hear that we "got it right!" Thank you so much!
Düsseldorf, Deutschland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is a nice play to stay. Very friendly staff and clean rooms. I can highly recommend that place. In the area around you can find supermarkets, restaurants and so on... A few minutes to the beautiful shores.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recommendation; we appreciate that so many guests like you will take the time to provide feedback and comments to read for others when considering a stay at the Candlewood Suites Jacksonville. We are in a good, clean and quiet area and we're happy that you mention this. Please come and visit us again the next time you are in our area!
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Their business is best suited for the extended stay visitor and my stay was indefinite. They made checking in and out very simple and seamless. I have to say that Reservations was very accommodating of me, as I didn’t have a pre-booked reservation and I was very uncertain as to how long I’d be staying.

The amenities and facilities of the hotel were extremely suitable for me. I appreciated the parking facilities, the gym, laundry room, WiFi, DVD library, phone services, mini mart, housekeeping and especially the kitchenette.…I felt very much at home and at peace.

The hotel feels safe and the location worked very well for me too.

The rooms are nicely decorated and furnished and they offer really great rates. They do not have a pool, neither and Internet cafe. Don't forget to ask about discounts...AAA, preferred employer rates etc.

I was pleasantly surprised at the rewards program and offers I received in the mail within less than a year after my stay. I was given a preferred discount and awesome upgrade to stay at an IHG Hotel; now I am an IHG member with accrued points; just in time for vacation!

The experience which led to my stay at Candlewood Suites was a sad life changing event. The staff at Candlewood Suites on Belfort Rd. Jacksonville, made me feel more than welcome. Everyone was very attentive, so I felt relaxed and my stress level was reduced.

I spent 3 weeks there and actually missed the staff. I absolutely loved my stay!

The time spent at Candlewood Suites has given me a renewed outlook on travelling. I can actually look forward to being “home away from home.”

Thank you Candlewood Suites!

Room Tip: Upper level rooms are definitely quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CWS4990, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you so much for all of your positive and uplifting words within your feedback. We are all so very pleased that you enjoyed your time here with us and that we were able to make your transition a better one. We also appreciate the rating very much. Come and visit us again!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

This place doesn't have anything extremely wrong with it. But it is a solid two star location. Room was basic queen and overall decent. Wife and I didn't sleep very well and it was hard to get a good room temperature. Water pressure in shower very weak but the sink was perfect. Hotel seems a bit used and that's why it just gets 3 stars.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Startrekcaptain,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. We strive to provide impeccable customer service and accommodations. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any difficulties that you may have encountered during your stay with us particularly with the room and bathroom amenities received. We assure you that this is not up to our standards and corrective action will be taken to ensure this does not happen again.

Again, we are grateful for your valuable feedback. Shall your travels bring you to the area again we hope for the opportunity to provide you a quality stay with us all around.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Everything about this location is great! From the people to the location , everything is great! I could hardley believe i was getting such great service (including free laundry and fitness center) for the price! Staff and Management are Soo great and welcoming, they really are a family there and make you feel right at home. I cant say enough nice things about this hotel, definetly worth the pay!

• Stayed February 2014
We are thrilled that you found us "Perfect." Once the traveler understands the extended stay property, like Candlewood Suites, they seem to love the concept and how our hotels operate...being considerate of the longer term guest and their desire for privacy. Yes, if feels more like staying with family and for this we love our jobs and the opportunity to get to know our guests! Thank you for the post and ranking!
L.A.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Great, central location: This hotel is in a great location for visitors to the area. It's halfway between Jacksonville (10 minute drive) and the Jacksonville Beaches (15 minute drive) and only a short drive to St. Augustine (30 minutes).

Room to spread out: the desk is really large - plenty of space to organize, pack, or set up an office.

Comfy: The bed was slightly on the hard side for me but very comfortable. The linens were soft. The bathroom had plenty of shelves.

Quiet: The only time we heard any noise was when a few noisy guests walked past our door. Very quiet, despite being close to J. Turner Butler and the 95 Freeway.

Staff: Everyone was extremely nice & helpful. An elderly relative who traveled with us couldn't handle the simple voicemail system. The night staff wasn't trained on how to access messages or help her through the problem. I doubt this will be a problem for anyone else!

Clean: We didn't see a single palmetto bug here & felt comfortable leaving apples, etc. on the counter. The room was very clean. We liked having the choice of not having the cleaning staff come in. We requested extra towels as needed.

Oddity: The automatic ice maker in the freezer is off when you first enter the room. You have to pull the lever down. Ice piles up quickly (& noisily) at first. We had to turn the fridge up to keep ice packs cold in the freezer. There was only one temperature gauge for both fridge and freezer and we had trouble finding the "sweet spot" so the milk for our morning coffee didn't freeze. Also, there are alligators in the water near one side of the hotel. Keep those small pets on leashes!

Overall: We'd definitely stay there again. Great location. Reasonable rate which gets even more reasonable when staying over a week. Great staff. Clean. And room to spread out!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
CWS4990, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you so much! I love it when guest leave detailed feedback as it help others when looking at our property. Yes, there is an adjustment period for sleeping with an ice-maker in your room. Most guests turn them off at night if the noise disturbs their sleep.
We believe the Candlewood Suites Jacksonville is a great place to stay, and we love it when our guest's feel the same. We hope to see you again if your future travels brings you back to our area!

Been to Candlewood Suites Jacksonville? Share your experiences!