“Perfect for business stays” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Gainesville, Florida
“Perfect for business stays”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed at Candlewood Suites for a 5 night business trip. The room had a full size refrigerator and freezer, a dishwasher, a cooktop, a microwave, and was well stocked with dishes and cooking utensils. The hotel has been renovated since the photos on most of the hotel booking websites were taken. It now has dark wood furnishings and new bathrooms. There is a desk area that is perfect to work from and I was happy with the Internet speed. Additionally, the staff was very friendly throughout my stay. There is a small gym, which I utilized and was satisfied with.
The only negatives were functions of the type of hotel this is. For example, the chair at the desk area in my room looked like it was the star of a bad slasher movie. It also didn't stay in the correct height position. It wasn't perfect, but it met my needs.
Overall, though, I would definitely stay here again if I had business in the area.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I dont like about half the Candlewwod Suites I stay at. They smell of cheap soap and the styling is weird. But this one just got a 2 million renovation and the rooms are really nice. Similar to a Hyatt
Place or other hotel. The location is excellent also if you have business in the sprawling but tasteful business Park that it sits in. Not much food close but thats the only down on it.
It was worth every bit of 63 a night. For sure.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Iowa Park, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice for over a month at a time. The staff are caring and capable. The rooms are newly renovated, everything replaced, even the carpet, appliances,TV's and Towels.
The bed is so comfortable and room is spacious. Hotel has a gym and free laundry. They have 2 gas grills for guest to use and a great covered patio to enjoy. The dog walk is very large, includes a bag station. The hotel is always clean, parking and grounds are well kept.
The location is terrific because it is in a safe and quiet area. I have a night owl dog, always felt safe walking her late at night and alone (I am a woman). Sidewalks for the walkers/joggers are great throughout the area. Close to highways but without the traffic and noise. Restaraunts and mall within 5 miles. Beach and downtown within 15 minutes,

Room Tip: I like the rooms in the short hall best, they seem roomier due to their layout. I also like to stay...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have just spent 4 nights here. Let me say that I travel for business combined with pleasure, I stay in hotels almost every week for 2-4 nights or more across the S.E. so I have experienced the good, the bad & the ugly & I am picky within reason (hate dirt, mold & or stench). The room was clean with microwave, coffeepot, full size refrigerator, stove and basic utensils, pans toaster etc so you can cook your meals if you so desire. This is a suite hotel which means you get more amenities for less$, but you do not get daily room service, you get room service once a week (if you want clean sheets, towels etc they will gladly give to you at the front desk). Because it has a mini kitchenette they do not serve breakfast, just coffee. The hotel was clean and well appointed, There is a laundry room with FREE use of washers and dryers. Well equipped exercise room.
Mini-store was well stocked, and included an array of snacks and toiletries. Also has a business center. Very Comfortable beds. If you want to grill your food utensils to BBQ, out back our available at the front desk, you just bring the food and enjoy.
The staff is very friendly & helpful. Close to 1-95 and numerous restaurants and stores in the area, Makes your stay feel more like home.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Extremly dissapointed upon check in I was treated very rudely by a young african american woman she was very rude and talking on her cell phone as I walked up she took the time to finish her conversation before walking over to assist me. I also checked in to room which was great minus the very drab recliner and appliances I called down to ask about the recliner to be told by the young women "That is all we have until we get or new ones" which was stated in arude tone. Overall horrible customer service and the location is literally around nothing. I highly do not recommend this hotel and I travel alot and put this on my list of never again.

• Stayed September 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear eaglesfan83,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and I regret you received unacceptable service from our front desk staff.. Your feedback will be taken into consideration and will be shared to our front office team to ensure similar incidents won’t happen again.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

We have stayed numerous times at Candlewood Suites in Jacksonville, FL on Belfort Road when we make our annual 'excursion' to Florida and have never been disappointed and we are picky about where we stay. We have always had a very clean and quiet room and friendly front desk folks to welcome us. They provide free laundry facilities, work out room, a small store and a quiet place to stay and if you make reservations online you get a good deal. Check it out online....you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We prefer a 'no-smoking' room and no pets because of allergies....they have always made our...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Sanford, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I was just here for 5 weeks and was very happy with my stay and unlike one other reviewer I found everything clean and neat. This is an extended stay hotel so there are a few things you should know first before checking in.

Housekeeping visits your room once each week on the day you check in. Need towels or sheets before then take them to the front desk and they will give you fresh ones. I do not find this hard do. If this bothers you stay somewhere else.

There is not a lobby but the free coffee you would normally find in the lobby is in the laundry room/workout room/candle wood cupboard. Which is a multi purpose room where the free laundry machines are located.

There is no pool or hot tub. None, zero zip zilch nada. This was the hardest for me but hey it was only $63 a night.

There is no hotel bar or restaurant.

No ice machines in the hallways the fridge in your room makes the ice.

What do you get?

A full size refrigerator. 2 plates, 2 forks, 2 knives, 2 spoons. Several sharp kitchen knives. Several pots and pans. A stove top but no oven, a microwave, and a dishwasher.

A comfy bed, clean room, clean bathroom, and lots of peace and quiet.

Friendly and efficient staff.

And a TV with a VCR/DVD combo. Not a flat screen mind you but a plain old tube TV like all of us grew up with. I have never understood why some people hate on a hotel with old style tube TV’s. It’s a TV geez get over it.

Outside there is a cabana where many of the hotel guests gather on weekends and talk and have a few drinks. There are also 2 gas grills for cooking out.

Several people have written that there are no nearby restaurants or shopping and this is correct. This is located in an office park area. So after 6pm there is almost no traffic at all.

I have to come back to FL for two more weeks in April and I will happily stay here again. I love a quiet hotel and this one fits the bill just fine.

Room Tip: Room 331 is very quiet and peaceful
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Jacksonville? Share your experiences!