“If your at the Mayo Clinc” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Butler Boulevard

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Butler Boulevard to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Butler Boulevard
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4670 Lenoir Ave S, Jacksonville, FL 32216   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #53 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Fairfield Bay, Arkansas, United States
“If your at the Mayo Clinc”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very close and convenient to Mayo if you are a family member of a patient. Excellent restaurant in the property. Just an outstanding staff in all departments, Staff is cheerful,helpful,and very accommodating. Only negative is that the property needs to be seriously updated. The rooms are definitely showing a need for updates,decor, noisy heat and air, but remain clean and acceptable.

Room Tip: reserve early
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Shannon D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments in regards to the staff. We like hearing what our guest have to say about the hotel. I will look in to the AC units and check for the noise. Thank you so much for passing on that information. We would look forward to the opportunity to host you next time you are in Jacksonville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
VERO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Shannon & Tracy are the best!! They made our stay the most pleasurable ever......The entire hotel is CLEAN, nice, fresh, from the moment we walked in the front door-to our room, gym, pool and lobby bathroom. The staff was so nice and everyone greets you with a smile. We'll make it a point to stay at this Courtyard when in Jacksonville. Great job guys.........

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your comments. I have passed your kind words on to Tracy as well. We were both pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and are honored that you took the time to mention us. Don't forget to stop in anytime you are in Jacksonville.
yarmouth, maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Courtyards are reliable, but this one impressed me. Staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. That includes the Bistro and housekeeping staff. Front desk staff looked sharp, too, dressed in outfits that coordinated with the overall decor. Small point, I know, but the whole effect was one of professionalism. Our whole visit, albeit short, was exceptional.

• Stayed April 2013
Thanks so much for the "top notch" description. We really like the new look after the renovation. We are glad to see that our "top notch" guest are enjoying it as well. Thanks for choosing our hotel. We hope to see you on your next trip to Jacksonville.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

A comfortable and conveniently located hotel right off I-95. Close to most southside office parks and and some great shopping and dining options at St John's Town Center. Both the lobby/cafe and all rooms have been renovated in the last few months, now sporting a fresh modern looking decor. I had a comfortable stay with the typical Courtyard service and experience. The weekdays do get quite busy, but you can almost have the weekends to yourself. A comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013
I wanted to thank you so much for your kind review of the hotel. We enjoy hearing back from our guest about our new look and how we are doing. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you next time you are in Jacksonville.
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Hotel average in every way. Just. The boneheads in accounting are obviously running the show here. Thank you for "inviting" me to "enjoy" the free cat pi@@, oops I mean coffee in my room. I save some of that to put in my engine since I was a quart low.

• Stayed April 2012
Wells
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I would highly recommend this property for a stop-over in Jacksonville. We were ending a vacation trip to various locations in the state and needed a last night's stop-over on our way north. On our daughter's suggestion, she moved to Jacksonville recently, we booked two rooms here. Upon arrival, there were cars and busses filled with visitors to one of the many college bowl games hosted by the city and I was a little apprehensive about what might have turned out to be a pre-game bash, but the crowd was well behaved, perhaps due to the professionalism of the staff in receiving them or maybe they were isolated from the non-fan's staying there that night. Either way, we had a restful night, greatly appreciated. The location is close to I95, but there was no road noise. The pool area was enjoyed by our teen's who reported that it was clean and in good condition.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I went for business this past week. It was my first time in Jacksonville and I didn't know the area. I had read the reviews before I went and had mixed feelings about it. We have an admin who schedules all of our trips so I had no control over where we were staying. I went with a manager who was familiar with the area and had stayed here before. We arrived on Monday evening and check in was a breeze. I made my way up to my room and was pleasantly surprised by the size of it. I wasn't in love with the layout but I had a balcony and it made sense for the shape of the room. We had adequate channels on the TV and I loved the complimentary wi-fi in each room. My room was located right next to the elevator and the ice maker so initially had some concerns about the noise level but in fact I had none--pretty surprised by this. I had read reviews about the expensive bistro in the lobby area and would completely agree. Had this been more reasonably priced, I could have easily give this place 5 stars. To give an idea, I had a small snack size of gummy worms, they were $2. I wore some new shoes and ended up with blisters. While I bought bandaids, I forgot some ointment to go with them, the front desk was very helpful in providing this at no cost. It made my trip much more bearable. I didn't spend much time outside as it was quite chilly this week so cannot comment on the pool or the hot tub. But others seemed to be enjoying it. One thing that I loved about this visit was the cleanliness. Everything from the tile grout to the linens were very clean. I have stayed in plenty of upscale hotels and this one felt just like that. On valentines day, they left a piece of chocolate which was a nice touch. The only downsides I observed were minimal. 1) the elevator was very slow, 2) my door key was very picky and it would take a minute or two to get in, 3) I wish there was a little more lighting in the bathroom. Other than that it was a great hotel room. I think the area it is in is a little on the "rougher" side. For instance there were plenty of strip joints and low end housing but once you got back in the hotel area it was very nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Butler Boulevard? Share your experiences!