“If I knew then what I know now.. Never would've booked!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6961 Lenoir Avenue, Jacksonville, FL 32216   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #86 of 130 hotels in Jacksonville
“If I knew then what I know now.. Never would've booked!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

There were roaches and ants in my first room therefore I had to switch rooms twice. The only good part was the staff was pleasant. If I knew it would be that bad I would've paid extra money and stayed somewhere nicer. The distant was not too bad from the conference I was attending so not complaints there.

• Stayed April 2014

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Barrie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Friendly staff at the desk. Actually felt bad for her. Place was out of control. Started by pulling into parking lot and watched a few less fortunate walking through carrying a blow up mattress. Went inside and checked in and went up to room. On the way up the place reeked of marijuana. I had read a few bad reviews about long term dirt and poor cleaning. Also one for BED BUGS. Yep I checked. Found a bed bug casing and one escaped into the carpet at the wall. Called hotwire who refunded (thanks so much). CAUTION active prostitution in hotel. Yep there is a review prior from someone else. While packing up our car in the lot we noticed a women of the night standing in the window of the hotel facing the parking lot scantily clad sucking on what I hope was a popsicle. While in the parking lot a guy was screaming into his phone complaining that someone didn't have any more weed. Another guy passed in and out of the building 5-6 times in a matter of an hour. I'm sorry to write this but I honestly struggle to have a lot of faith in the glowing reviews on this property.

If your going to stay -

Don't leave anything in your car - there are several signs around and inside.

Check your bed and behind the couch

This is not a 2.5 star as rated some places

Purpose of our trip was travelling to Ft Lauderdale from the North

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dave - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize that your experience at our hotel was not satisfactory. The cleanliness and condition of your room is truly unacceptable. I am sorry for your experience. I will be reviewing your comments with our staff to ensure these issues are properly addressed. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Positives: The place was clean, neat, reasonably priced and the free internet was great.

Negatives: I was instantly greeted by a roach when I sat my purse down on the tattered dresser beside the TV. I was instantly on the alert looking for more to show up, which I did see at least four of them during my two day stay. I did not eat or prepare any food in the room. I would have left but I didn't really feel like the hassel since I didn't spend a lot of time in my room. The furniture is outdated and very worn and so was the rest of the room. I expected better since they have a fresh new logo. Well, you get what you pay for I guess.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time for writing a review of your stay. I am glad that you liked your room overall and our free Wi-Fi. Still, I am very sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that this is not the norm and something that is being addressed. We are also working to improve our cleaning procedures moving forward so that this type of issue is not repeated.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will give our hotel another chance and stay with us again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Judy, who is the current (12-2013) Manager at this hotel could not be more friendly or accommodating. Judy actively and repeatedly offers to be helpful in every way she can imagine.
It seems as if she has chosen a staff who genuinely enjoy each other and that follows her lead in friendliness and helpfulness. With Judy at the helm, Lance, George, Cara, Bernard, Bernardo, Viola, Hortense and Chaquita and several other housekeepers whose names we did not learn,
all deserve praise for their cheerful and willing spirit.

We are genuinely grateful for not only the facility, its services and reasonable prices, but for the atmosphere that is created by these nice people. It's quite unusual and commendation is in order.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Lakewood, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

The breakfast is really complete, scrambled eggs and all, and the lady who keeps the breakfast area clean is really cheerful. The service staff are very friendly here. The wifi works, the parking is close and plentiful and nthe place is clean - just a good basic hotel. The thermostat also works. (which is nothing to take for granted, considering some luxury places I've stayed at this year) It doesn't look like you can just run a fan (a classic trick for drowning out the noise around you) but we didnt run into any noise issues at all (though the hotel was having a quiet week). Can't argue with the proximity of the Cracker Barrel. You are very close to Highway 1 and shopping for any travel essentials (look for a RiteAid, and a WalMart is not too far off). We will come back when we're next in Jacksonville.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

You are greeted when you walk in, you are blessed on your way out. There is complimentary breakfast and the rooms are kept neat and cozy. The only thing I brought was my toothbrush and clothes, all else was provided. Judy, Care, Kristen and the Cleaning Staff get 5 stars from me! Give them all a raise!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have had a variety of experiences in business dealings with hotels. I hope that my comments can begin to express how absolute my positive experiences have been with this particular location. There are many choices in hotels in and around Jacksonville Florida. I have had the blessing of finding this particular one. Upon move-in and the days following, Judy-the Manager; Lance-the Assistant Manager; Cara - a clerk; George - a clerk, Bernard - a clerk; Courtney - a clerk and the cleaning staff (which are deserving much recognition as well) and the maintenance person have all assisted me in one matter or another. Each individual has shown professionalism, courtesy, confidentiality and respect to me meeting all of my needs. Holidays can be a difficult time while residing away from home except for here. I am exceedingly grateful to all of the staff for advising me that this is my home away from home and my holiday experience may be spent with them. I could not ask for more other than that each of them receive the genuine attention of corporate and understand that I will spread the word about them to the many people I interact with. As well, a special appreciation to Ms. Nolan, the manager that oversees all of the 7 Jacksonville locations. She has spoken with me personally and has my absolute respect. Choose here. You will glad you did!

Room Tip: Simply express your particular desire and the staff will immediately assist you. If for any reason...