“New sign but nothing new on the inside” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East

You added Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6961 Lenoir Avenue, Jacksonville, FL 32216   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #93 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Orlando, Florida
“New sign but nothing new on the inside”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Positives: The place was clean, neat, reasonably priced and the free internet was great.

Negatives: I was instantly greeted by a roach when I sat my purse down on the tattered dresser beside the TV. I was instantly on the alert looking for more to show up, which I did see at least four of them during my two day stay. I did not eat or prepare any food in the room. I would have left but I didn't really feel like the hassel since I didn't spend a lot of time in my room. The furniture is outdated and very worn and so was the rest of the room. I expected better since they have a fresh new logo. Well, you get what you pay for I guess.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time for writing a review of your stay. I am glad that you liked your room overall and our free Wi-Fi. Still, I am very sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that this is not the norm and something that is being addressed. We are also working to improve our cleaning procedures moving forward so that this type of issue is not repeated.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will give our hotel another chance and stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Judy, who is the current (12-2013) Manager at this hotel could not be more friendly or accommodating. Judy actively and repeatedly offers to be helpful in every way she can imagine.
It seems as if she has chosen a staff who genuinely enjoy each other and that follows her lead in friendliness and helpfulness. With Judy at the helm, Lance, George, Cara, Bernard, Bernardo, Viola, Hortense and Chaquita and several other housekeepers whose names we did not learn,
all deserve praise for their cheerful and willing spirit.

We are genuinely grateful for not only the facility, its services and reasonable prices, but for the atmosphere that is created by these nice people. It's quite unusual and commendation is in order.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Lakewood, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

The breakfast is really complete, scrambled eggs and all, and the lady who keeps the breakfast area clean is really cheerful. The service staff are very friendly here. The wifi works, the parking is close and plentiful and nthe place is clean - just a good basic hotel. The thermostat also works. (which is nothing to take for granted, considering some luxury places I've stayed at this year) It doesn't look like you can just run a fan (a classic trick for drowning out the noise around you) but we didnt run into any noise issues at all (though the hotel was having a quiet week). Can't argue with the proximity of the Cracker Barrel. You are very close to Highway 1 and shopping for any travel essentials (look for a RiteAid, and a WalMart is not too far off). We will come back when we're next in Jacksonville.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

You are greeted when you walk in, you are blessed on your way out. There is complimentary breakfast and the rooms are kept neat and cozy. The only thing I brought was my toothbrush and clothes, all else was provided. Judy, Care, Kristen and the Cleaning Staff get 5 stars from me! Give them all a raise!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have had a variety of experiences in business dealings with hotels. I hope that my comments can begin to express how absolute my positive experiences have been with this particular location. There are many choices in hotels in and around Jacksonville Florida. I have had the blessing of finding this particular one. Upon move-in and the days following, Judy-the Manager; Lance-the Assistant Manager; Cara - a clerk; George - a clerk, Bernard - a clerk; Courtney - a clerk and the cleaning staff (which are deserving much recognition as well) and the maintenance person have all assisted me in one matter or another. Each individual has shown professionalism, courtesy, confidentiality and respect to me meeting all of my needs. Holidays can be a difficult time while residing away from home except for here. I am exceedingly grateful to all of the staff for advising me that this is my home away from home and my holiday experience may be spent with them. I could not ask for more other than that each of them receive the genuine attention of corporate and understand that I will spread the word about them to the many people I interact with. As well, a special appreciation to Ms. Nolan, the manager that oversees all of the 7 Jacksonville locations. She has spoken with me personally and has my absolute respect. Choose here. You will glad you did!

Room Tip: Simply express your particular desire and the staff will immediately assist you. If for any reason...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have been here for work since August and the manager Judy along with the staff have been great! They catered to all my needs to make me feel comfortable and at home. I recommended my company to stay here for their travels as it is great for the price you pay. Very satisfied.

• Stayed November 2013
NORTH EAST FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I've stayed here on and off over the past couple of weeks. JUDY,LANCY,BERNARD and the cleaning staff have been really professional. The staff goes out of the way to please staff...

They maybe missing odds and ends but in reality we chose the hotel but we all want more then we're paying for.

- jon

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East? Share your experiences!