This hotel is extremly nice. All requests were met and done so with a smile. Me, my family and friends had a very pleasurable stay! It was our frst trip to Jacksonville and will not be our last. Conveniently located to close many restaurants, shopping and minutes from the beach! Great for the traveller who wants to do it all!
The hotel room was very clean and comfortable. (Be ware there was no mini-fridge or microwave; however when my brother-in-law requested a microwave one was sent up to his room immediatley.) There was ample closet space as well as a desk , big tv and comfy beds with clean linnens. The bathroom was well stocked and the shower had great water pressure. Towels were never a problem, we always had plenty of them and when the maid saw us in the hall with small children-- she asked us (!) if we needed additional towels. Talk about being considerate!
_Wait, it gets better_
The manager of the hotel was aware the purpose of our trip was to bring my son to the beach for his birthday so they sent up warm fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, a bunch of chocolate bars and a whole bucket of milk (and chocolate milk too)!! All compliments of Crowne Plaza. The kids devoured these quickly and they were so tickled to have such a treat at a hotel!
The views from our balcony were goregous, (I've included pictures). The hotel had many conventions and activites going on but it was so well organized that the only reason you knew it was from the signs and registration tables set up sparsley around the lobby. The smell of the Ruth's Chris Steakhouse onsite only made our stay that much more delicious.
The hotel pool was perfect and only went to 5 feet deep which was great for the children in our party. There is a bar around the pool but it was not open during our stay. The riverwalk was goregous and literally right infront of the hotel. I was able to get up in the morning, grab a caramel mochiato from starbucks, take in the morning air and start my day out with the serenity of the river with a brief walk on the riverawalk or by enjoying the views from my balcony. Saturday there were speed boats docked at The Landing and it was a joy to watch them take off. There is a water taxi that will take you to The Landing right across from the hotel (which offers restaurants, shopping and is great at night with live music). The taxi was cheap and very conveneint as it picked up and dropped you off literally feet from the hotel.
Jacksonville beach was about a 15 minute drive and very fun. The water level stays around three to four feet for a long ways so there's lots of area for fun in the water for the smaller kids. Jacksonville beach offered great nightlife and many free clubs.
The hotels parking was free and almost all parking spots are close to the elevator. The staff was very friendly and everytime we turned around someone was offering help. I am not use to staying at a hotel (even a 5 Star one) where EVERY member of the staff are constantly greeting you and asking you if they can help in any way possible. I forgot my razor and guess what, the front desk had one available for guests!
There is a hotel resturant, a Ruths Chris and a Starbucks on site. The fitness center is HUGE and overlooks the pool with tinted windows (loved the scenery!) There is also a gift shop onsite which offers swim trunks and many other items! With valet parking and a bellhop this hotel treats its patrons like royalty.
I can not wait to return! Anytime we are in the Jacksonville area, we will definetley stay at the Crowne Plaza Riverfront.
Last details didnt want to levae out:
Wireless service was great, beds were very comfortable, big fluffy pillows. TV channel selection was large. The smell in the lobby and parking deck areas were very sweet and clean, not obnoxiously clean nor funky fresh. It was an inviting clean smell. Hand sanitizer stations were also available which I was really glad to see. The views were breathtaking. There was a rainbow over the river on the day we arrived and when walking on the riverwalk in the morning we saw jumping fish! The stay was really great!!
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Riverfront is a downtown hotel where an exceptional locale blends with an array of amenities, personable service, and a better night's sleep. The hotel features all non-smoking guest rooms with walk-out balconies, stunning views, complimentary wireless internet, and TempurPedic Mattresses in king rooms. Amenities include two restaurants and bars including Ruth’s Chris Steak House. Additional dining options include a Starbucks and room service. The hotel also features a riverfront pool and 24-Hour, complimentary business and fitness centers. With the perfect combination of amenities and services, all you'll have to do is sit back, relax, and indulge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.