“Great location, nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #65 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersBronze level
FL
“Great location, nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

My wife and I stayed here last week on a small getaway. First off, the location is great. Its right on the riverfront, and our room had a private balcony overlooking the river and the north shore of downtown Jacksonville. It's a really beautiful sight all lit up at night. The beds were super comfortable with lots of extra pillows. We used the pool, whcih was clean and warm, but did not visit the gym. We did not use room service either. Our check in and stay was entirely hassle free. We have no complaints whatsoever. There is a 10.00 a night parking fee, but that seems to be more and more common with downtown hotels these days. We will definately stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Miramar, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

The front desk is friendly enough.
A great plus for me is the free wireless.

Like most hotels in the area either you pay for valet parking, or pay for self parking.

The rooms need to be modernized.

The only restaurant is pricey.

The gym is OK.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

I was here on a business trip and stayed a week. The location was great! The view from my balcony at night was picturesque. I left the shades open so I could look at the skyline at night. During the evening I would walk the Riverwalk, it was pleasant. The hotel is near museums and restaurants.

A couple comments about service though: my check out bill was incorrect and there was no one to assist me with my bags at check in. Also, the staff at American Grill at breakfast time was always in a hurry. I asked for assistance with the self serve waffle maker-my waffle was stuck. I did not want to just leave it so I asked the waiter to help. He used some prongs and burnt his hand on the hot griddle. I mentioned to him that I was afraid I was going to do that so I asked for help. He was upset after burning himself and said "I am not a cook - I am a waiter." Well, cooks do not usually hand out in the dining room. Problems = solutions: may I suggest either have a cook make my waffle or get trained on how to assist guests when the waffle gets stuck. Also, the doors are not secured to the hotel. So, that was a little security breach there. Anyone walking along the Riverwalk or anyone parking in the garage can just waltz right in the hotel and take a stroll. The parking garage was not secured either, no attendant and the gate arm was broken. The housekeeping was great! My room was spotless. A collague got sick from room service.

Parkland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

The staff at this Hotel is Fantastic, and the management from the General Manager to the sales staff is visable all the time. The General Manager is even greeting/Thnaking people in the lobby some mornings!! Even the maintentance people in the elevator greets you and asks you if they can do anything for you. This Hotel knows what service is!! The Beds are the best I have slept in, and I travel all the time. You must try the Restraunt, as their daily dinner special are really good.

Very few Hotels provide friendly excellent service as this Hotel does!!

Wichita Falls, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

I have been making arrangements for the reunions of one of my army units for the past 25 years. We have stayed at hotels across the nation every year. Our 25th Annual Reunion was convened at this hotel on 24 May 2009. I always consult with all of our members about the hotel at which we stay. I have never been so enthusiastically responded to by all of our group. There was not one single complaint!
What we found was a delightful staff of people from the Sales Manager''s office with whom we made first contact through the front desk personnel. ALL were cheerful, courteous and most of all - HELPFUL in every instance. As to the amenities, they were fabulous. EVERYBODY remarked on what a good night's sleep they enjoyed, on the pleasure enjoyed in a shower that spewed forth water in any temperature desired. The placing of "USA Today" at your door each morning. But the staff was superb. I looked forward to going down to the Front Desk each morning to have some sort of (any sort of) conversation with the Desk Clerks, who were always, every morning the most delightful, enthusiastic and helpful people I've ever encountered. I am presently searching for a Crowne Plaza Hotel in Colorado Springs, CO where will have our next reunion.

To paraphrase a popular election campaign slogan: "IT'S THE PEOPLE . . . . "!"

• Stayed May 2009
Montgomery, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

We spent four wonderful nights at the Crowne Plaza on Jacksonville's Riverfront, and were delighted with our choice! With a Junior Suite and balcony overlooking the St. John's River, right across from The Jacksonville Landing, we couldn't get over the view! And the service was great -- everyone of the staff we met were pleasant and helpful. You couldn't make a better choice to stay in downtown Jacksonville.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
JACKSONVILLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

I would like to say that my stay at the Crowne Plaza in Jacksonville was the best we have had in many years. The service was well beyond our expections and we had some of the best meals at the hotel in many years.
It was the first time we had traveled in about 3 years and we planed a stay from May 19th to May 25th. We turned this stay into a place we could meet with our friends and enjoy it without a large hit on the pocketbook.
We sure hope that we will be able to do this again in the future.

Bob and Charline Johnson

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel? Share your experiences!