“Low Price, High Quality” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #65 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dalian, China
“Low Price, High Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The staff here are amazingly friendly, and may even call you by name if you stay for more than a day or two. Each member went out of their way to be helpful and make the stay as enjoyabl as possible. I would stay again, and highly recommend others to stay in this clean and convenient hotel.

Green Features: They are rated Bronze level Greenpartner, but they could take further measures to be green.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
KerryBoat, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Andrew,

We sincerely appreciate your feedback! It’s great to hear you found our team to be friendly and welcoming, guest rooms clean, and our location to be convenient. We strive to keep our guests happy travelers and I'm happy to hear we delivered our on our mission. We would love to have the opportunity to host you again should your travels bring you back to Jacksonville!

904.398.8800

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Summerville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I attended a reunion this past weekend, staying at this hotel. Everything from inquiry of the doorman as to where I should park upon arriving to final departure from the parking garage was good. Check-in was uneventful and most welcoming. The room was immaculate and comfortable. There was no significant wait time for the elevators. Every staff member I met was kind and helpful. Rafael, who was working poolside on Saturday, took time to show me sites across the river and tell me about special events happening that day within walking distance of the hotel. His pride in his city and his hotel were obvious. It says something about the hotel that an employee would care that much.

The reunion facilities were excellent, the signage was helpful, the banquet was elegant and very nicely presented, and to my amazement, when I left a little thank you note for the maid, she responded very kindly with her own lovely note. How often does that happen? The spa products in my room, designed to help me to have a good night's sleep, actually worked! Wish I could purchase them online!

While I was not impressed with the breakfast food (not very warm), that minus was so outweighed by the plusses that I still must give this hotel an excellent rating. Lovely experience!

Room Tip: If you want a view, select the River side. I was not there for that purpose, and the other side of t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Ed,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing this outstanding feedback! We’re elated to hear your experience was so great. Thank you for the kind words regarding our team, location, housekeeping, in-room spa amenities, and banquet services. We will celebrate your review with our team and hope that your reunion brings you back to Jacksonville so that we have the opportunity to host you again.

ally_sun_jax
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I recently had two weeks to scramble and put together a large corporate party (500 guests). Being fortunate enough to get the Duval Ballroom with two weeks-notice, the staff went out of their way to tailor the perfect party for our needs. The catering manager worked the chef to create a special menu for our needs. The setup suited our "down-home" needs with a touch of elegance by creating mini chicken and waffles, shrimp and grits, fried green tomatoes, petite key lime pies, with the regular fare of prime rib and crudite. Multiple room reorganizations were done with ease and all of our A/V set up was complete to compliment the importance of the event. The staff was professional and did an excellent job.

Room Tip: Excellent for event planning
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ally,

Thank you for the very kind words regarding the corporate party we hosted for you. We’ve shared your feedback with our catering manager and chef so that they can celebrate with their teams. They truly enjoyed working with you on creating a custom event and loved the creative southern-inspired menu! It’s great to hear you enjoyed the food and professional service and we appreciate you sharing your experience with fellow travelers. We look forward to hosting another event with you in the future!

Horsham, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed here last night, the reception area is beautiful and we were lucky to get a river view room on the 10th floor. The views were frankly spectacular and breathtaking,one of us was not feeling that well so we opted for room service, which was beautiful all round, they load the bill with 22% service charge which I was not happy with as I would have preferred to give the kind gentleman the cash myself but I was not going to tip twice. The only other negative is that there is only 1 proper chair in the room, so if two of you are eating dinner, one has to sit on the chair and we dragged the big comfy seat across to be close to the desk area, however the food was excellent. Overall the hotel is beautiful, the rooms having been redecorated are without fault, the staff, each and every one was kind, helpful, smiling and welcoming. I have stayed in many hotels around the world and this 1 is now firmly in my top 10.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Duncan, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

While planning a trip for my boyfriend's birthday I was skeptical about the Crowne Plaza due to the previous reviews. I called back in July and stated my concerns and still unaware of what I was getting myself into made reservations. Glad I did. Everything....EVERYTHING was Great! The front desk lady...forgive me for this Chyrteria??(SORRY) was helpful in every aspect of our stay. The guys that handled valet omg they were awesome. The room was great, the area was perfect and I don't have any complaints. Room service was prompt and the food was great as well. Not sure what all the fuss was about before but you guys #ROCK. I plan on bringing my family back to visit.

Room Tip: We got 10th floor with connecting rooms. Made the stay so much better as it was 2 couples
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The staff of this hotel could not have been nicer. I wish the quality of the rooms matched the quality of the staff. We reserved a king bed with river view. The view was good, the sleep was not. The ac kept me awake all night as it cycled on and off. It was a free standing type like you would see in a roadside motel. It was loud. The mattress was made of foam and quite interesting to sleep on. I've learned that I do not like a foam mattress. The sheets were scratchy. Towels were worn. Bathroom was tiny! We ended up switching hotels after the first night and were able to get a room at the Hyatt. The Hyatt was much nicer, and of course it cost more, but was worth it. I actualy thought that I was booking the Hyatt when I booked this hotel. I had stayed at a riverfront hotel in Jacksonville years before. Turns out I had stayed at the Hyatt. Sorry Crowne Plaza! Everyone was so nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Terri879,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. Your comments about the AC unit in the room and the towels have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Was here on a video shoot. Got a room overlooking the river and was able to get beautiful timelapse shots of downtown Jacksonville from my balcony. Hotel had great food - almost too good as it houses the best restaurant in the Jacksonville area, Ruth's Chris Steak House. My travelling work clothes didn't quite meet the standards of the other restaurant patrons although the maitre d' assured me I was fine with a collared shirt and chinos. The bar had the same menu and a more relaxed atmosphere so I ate there instead. The strip of restaurants on the opposite bank are within walking distance across the bridge or you can take a water taxi directly there from a dock on the waterfront side of the hotel. Ample parking available at the hotel. Staff were very helpful. Room may have been getting a little long in the tooth but the view compensated for any minor flaws.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel? Share your experiences!