“Nice Staff, Tired Room” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Birmingham, Alabama
“Nice Staff, Tired Room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The staff of this hotel could not have been nicer. I wish the quality of the rooms matched the quality of the staff. We reserved a king bed with river view. The view was good, the sleep was not. The ac kept me awake all night as it cycled on and off. It was a free standing type like you would see in a roadside motel. It was loud. The mattress was made of foam and quite interesting to sleep on. I've learned that I do not like a foam mattress. The sheets were scratchy. Towels were worn. Bathroom was tiny! We ended up switching hotels after the first night and were able to get a room at the Hyatt. The Hyatt was much nicer, and of course it cost more, but was worth it. I actualy thought that I was booking the Hyatt when I booked this hotel. I had stayed at a riverfront hotel in Jacksonville years before. Turns out I had stayed at the Hyatt. Sorry Crowne Plaza! Everyone was so nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Terri879,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. Your comments about the AC unit in the room and the towels have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Was here on a video shoot. Got a room overlooking the river and was able to get beautiful timelapse shots of downtown Jacksonville from my balcony. Hotel had great food - almost too good as it houses the best restaurant in the Jacksonville area, Ruth's Chris Steak House. My travelling work clothes didn't quite meet the standards of the other restaurant patrons although the maitre d' assured me I was fine with a collared shirt and chinos. The bar had the same menu and a more relaxed atmosphere so I ate there instead. The strip of restaurants on the opposite bank are within walking distance across the bridge or you can take a water taxi directly there from a dock on the waterfront side of the hotel. Ample parking available at the hotel. Staff were very helpful. Room may have been getting a little long in the tooth but the view compensated for any minor flaws.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed here with my husband over the weekend and from start to finish it was nothing but a pleasure. Our first room was lovely but after our first night we found that the air conditioner wasn't working. The front office manager Latoya J. immediately sent us an onsite technician. While Mr. Randall worked on the air we were very grateful to receive a complimentary breakfast at the hotel restaurant. After trying TWO different air conditioning units the staff gave us a new room with a riverfront view. The dedicated work of Mr. Randall and Mrs. Latoya really impressed me and made our trip great. Having worked in customer service in retail for years I am always blown away when I receive excellent service. The staff and location was lovely and we will be visiting again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Shawn F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words about the staff of the hotel. I will make sure that they are recognized for their service.
Kindest Regards
Shawn Frisbee
Apopka, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The front desk staff was professional and very helpful throughout our stay. When we arrived at our room, we decided that we would like the view away from the bridge. I called the front desk and the desk staff changed our room immediately and another employee met us at the new room with our new key cards. The hotel is very nice and the rooms are spacious. The beds are memory foam. The hotel is going through a renovation. Ask for a room that is two floors away from that area due to noise. This hotel is very accommodating.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room on the east side of the hotel. They are renovating some of the floors so...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed here with my sister and some friends. We were celebrating her 21st birthday and they have us the best room ever!! top floor, right by elevators, King Suite with balcony and the view was awesome!!!! (pics attached)

Room Tip: high floor, king junior suite is best!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

First I called to ask if I would have a king bed. The women assured me I'd at least have a queen. We check in and are told all they have is double beds? After explaining the reaso for my trip here is to see my husband that's been deposited since December the women al of a sudden found a king bed available. I thought great! Got into the room and its old, new bedding not bed. Definitely not tempur Pedic. The tag on it reads 1997! Yikes. Tiny bathroom, no counter space. I didn't bring my own blow dryer because all room are equity with them. Except the one provided seems to be from 1980's. no robes in the room. Pool towel are also provided at the pool. Gross!! Stains on most of them. Not to mention there the size of a hair towel. Very sad I expected a fabulous hotel. But not even close. I will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
KerryBoat, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I apologize we did not live up to your expectations. Our TempurPedic mattresses are a big hit with our guests. All of our king beds feature the TempurPedic DreamSpa mattress and our double beds feature Serta Sleepers with pillow-top. While we just replaced all of our bed linens and pillows this year, our mattresses were replaced less than five years ago. We take guest feedback seriously and will address your concerns as a management team as we continuously improve the hotel. We would love to have the opportunity to host you again. Please contact me directly should you consider staying with us again.

With hospitality,
Kerry Boatwright
kboatwright@cpjacksonville.com
904.398.8800
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I spent three nights here in June-2013 while attending a union convention. They could not have chosen a better location. It was reasonably priced, the rooms and the beds were comfortable, and the hotel grounds and facilities were great. The staff was very friendly and helpful....very professional. The only SNAFU was when I checked in late at night, and James....the front desk clerk....was unaware that I had called about bringing my two rabbits (service animals). He decided to switch my room, which was fine. However, I was promised a refridgerator by the reservation people, and there were none to be had. James also suggested that the two well behaved and trained rabbits should be locked in a cage while in the room. He was very polite, but not friendly; and his suggestion did not go over very well with me. Other than that; I would definitely stay here again. Two thumbs up!!
(\ (\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your glowing review with us and your fellow travelers! I’m so happy you enjoyed our location, pricing, and facilities. I apologize for any snafu regarding your service animals. We are not used to hosting rabbits in the hotel, but enjoyed seeing their cute faces around! We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

With hospitality,
Kerry Boatwright
kboatwright@cpjacksonville.com
904.398.8800

Been to Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel? Share your experiences!