I was never a fan of the Holiday Inn brand. An experience years and years ago, with a hotel in Tampa, where I found something crawling in the bed in multiple quantities, that should have been crawling in the streets outside, was the one thing to push me to review hotels that I stay in.
However, the Holiday Inn Express experiences I have had, so far have been good. This was no exception. Went to Daytona Beach for some sun and waves and ran into the roaring sounds of bike week. Unfortunately this distraction caused me to lose track of time and I missed my return flight out of Jacksonville, FL. Having to find a hotel quickly in Jacksonville for the night, I used Hotels.com, Priceline, Kayak and more trying to get a $50 room near the JAX airport. No luck, so I took a chance on a Priceline Express deal, near Butler Blvd, because I was familiar with the street and knew most hotels there were at least mid-grade, catering to the corporate businesses nearby.
The hotel is little hard to see from the highway. Exit off of I-95 and make two rights and you will find it nestled within a complex of office buildings and similar quality hotels.
Although parts of the parking lot were a little bit dark, the grounds outside seemed decent and the building looked in good condition.
Stepping into the lobby you get a shot of vivid colors, all the way into the dining room area, like someone got extra happy with the blue paint. But it okay, not too garish! There is a breakfast area, with service that starts around 6 or 7am. With a 530am flight, I didn't get to use it.
The young lady on duty, Saturday night, the 16th was friendly, cordial and had a good attitude.
It was a very decent size, not too big or too small. The carpet was kind of vivid like the one in the hallway. Wallpaper, furniture and seating surfaces all appeared to be well maintained. Unlike many hotel rooms, where I can't seem the get the heating system to warm up adequately, this system had the room nice and toasty for me.
Noise level of the heating system was very good and I heard absolutely no sound from the neighbors.
Was long and deep, if this is the same type of bathroom that one gets for a person with disabilities, then is quite good for a person needing to move about with assistance or a wheelchair.
Facilities, surfaces, wallpaper and tub/shower seemed alright and I saw no signs of water damage or rust of any kind.
Man that bed was huge, but as tired as I was I could have slept on something three feet wide. It was quite comfortable. The four hours of sleep I got was actually very good.
There are some events that happen in Jacksonville during the spring and summer, I plan to put this hotel on my list as a good choice for a future stay.
Oh yes, they do have wi-fi at the hotel and they provide you a code when you check-in.
As I indicated this hotel is very close to I-95, the major thoroughfare going north and south. However, there are not any restaurants that I know of within this hotel / business office grouping. If you go just half a mile on the other side of the expressway, on Butler Blvd West, that is where you will find restaurants that cater to their area. Cracker Barrel and Applebees' are two that I know of.
Although I had no intention of staying overnight in Jacksonville, then was a nice hotel that I stumbled upon.
Attached are a few photos that I took before passing out.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Jacksonville South
- Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Jacksonville
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville-South is an award wining hotel located off I-95 at exit 344 (J. Turner Butler BLVD) in South Jacksonville. We are the closest Holiday Inn Express Hotel to downtown Jacksonville. Our 100 % non smoking hotel is ideal for business or pleasure, as we provide what is important; comfort and fashionable furnishings. if you are here for business, this hotel is located within close proximity to companies such as Merrill Lynch, Bank of America, Citigroup, Blue Cross & Blue Shield and Mayo Clinic. If you are here for pleasure, visit the beaches, the City of Jacksonville, watch the Jacksonville Jaguars play at Alltel Stadium, go shopping at St. Johns Town Center Mall or visit one of our many universities like Jacksonville University, Edward Waters College, or the University of North Florida. Our beautiful hotel and suites feature complimentary high speed wireless Internet access, a deluxe continental breakfast, enjoy a workout in our fitness center on a treadmill, life cycle, stair stepper or weight station. We have a USA Today newspaper available to you every weekday. Enjoy our freshly baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookies in the evening. The best way to unwind is to simply relax in our outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.